I have to say ...

I bought the Championship bundle when it was released and have been rockin’ the Mark V helmet since. Recently, I was playing some Reach, in which I also rock the Mark V, and noticed how off it looked. So I popped in Halo 3–where, as you can guess, the Mark V is rocked–and it also looks all kinds of weird.
So I played some Combat Evolved and realized that 343i nailed it in Halo 4.
Now I know there have been some groans about the under-armor not being all black and certain armor types (Champs. DLC) not working in Spartan Ops, but why after being given the largest selection of Spartan armor and options ever in any Halo game, are people complaining about it? You can pretty much make your Spartan look like anything: Master Chief in Halo CE, an ODST, a deep sea diver, Master Chief in Halo 2, a professional football player, that guy from Dead Space, Master Chief in Halo 3, a Transformer, and a Power Ranger.
Point is: they’ve done a great job offering a huge variety of insanely detailed armor the likes we’ve never seen. And the difference in Spartan gender is actually noticable. I say “well done”.
I do wonder why they changed the Operator helmet so much, though.

I definitely agree with what you’re saying. However, I would have easily traded some of those armors and skins with better playlists during the game’s first few months, an in-game ranking system (or ANY ranking system at launch), more custom game options, etc.

Football player?

Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…

sniff I hope I can

> Football player?
>
> Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…
>
>
> sniff I hope I can

no way, me too!

on topic, i thought the reach mark v was the best personally. but reach had lots of good looking armor where as in halo 4 it looks almost cartoony. reach had detail like bits were worn and whatnot. that armor was top notch but with halo 4 it looks like an action figure imo.

> > Football player?
> >
> > Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…
> >
> >
> > sniff I hope I can
>
> no way, me too!
>
> on topic, i thought the reach mark v was the best personally. but reach had lots of good looking armor where as in halo 4 it looks almost cartoony. reach had detail like bits were worn and whatnot. that armor was top notch but with halo 4 it looks like an action figure imo.

Yeah… It’s a sad year to be a packers fan…

(Runs away and cries)

> > > Football player?
> > >
> > > Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…
> > >
> > >
> > > sniff I hope I can
> >
> > no way, me too!
> >
> > on topic, i thought the reach mark v was the best personally. but reach had lots of good looking armor where as in halo 4 it looks almost cartoony. reach had detail like bits were worn and whatnot. that armor was top notch but with halo 4 it looks like an action figure imo.
>
> Yeah… It’s a sad year to be a packers fan…
>
>
> (Runs away and cries)

nah 2005 was a sad year to be a pack fan (4 -12)…ugh.

did anyone else think the odst version in halo 4 was a little…derpy? i played reach recently and thought they looked sweet then tried 4s armor and it looks nothing alike to me.

is it just me?

> did anyone else think the odst version in halo 4 was a little…derpy? i played reach recently and thought they looked sweet then tried 4s armor and it looks nothing alike to me.
>
> is it just me?

You played the wrong game- try Halo 2 or ODST.

You could create the superior version of Recon in Halo 4, or Dare’s armor.

ODST Recon, bless your awesome soul ;_;

I’ve personally nicknamed the ODST helmet in Halo 4 the “Melonhead helmet”. Just have your visor set to Solar and primary color to green, maybe your secondary as pink, and there you have it.

But I rock the Mark V half the time, because it brings back good memories.

I prefer being blind. It accurately reflects my ability to aim.

Or lack thereof.

I’ll take your word that H4’s Mk V matches CE’s most closely. For me, the favorite will be H3’s, because those were Caboose’s glory days :slight_smile:

H4’s armory offers the most variety, but there were a few key misses which prevent me from liking it more than Reach’s. If I could combine aspects from those two armories, I think I’d be in armory heaven.

• Color palette (too hot/neon) and, yeah, the lack of black “underarmor”

• Character models/cards are so small. Reach’s models were veritable colossi.

• “Mr. Potato head” pieces. Scroll through the chest/shoulder pieces and they seem to float above the character… they don’t look solid, like a 1 ton armored Spartan should.

• Skins. Great idea in concept. Not so much in reality. The armor becomes identifiable by the skins more than the actual shape/style of the armor. If you stripped the skins I’d be lucky to name you 25% of all those x-shaped, winged torso pieces.

• Lack of detail. Reach had cool things like pockets, pouches, bandoliers, med packs, up-armor stuff. Layers to make the armor look more realistic, not like a Power Ranger.

• Lack of armor effects. Where’s the humor? The irreverence? These were Halo trademarks…

Still and all, H4’ armory was an evolution and tried lots of cool new things. I especially like the stances, DLC armor, exclusives. Here’s hoping Halo 5’s is the best one yet.

> Football player?
>
> Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…
>
>
> sniff I hope I can

Don’t worry man, no matter how bad your packers may be, they’ll definitely be better than the lions. You wanna feel pain watching a football team? You don’t even know the beginning of pain until you’ve tried to watch the lions year after year, hoping that you will finally see the year when they are a good team, only to get crushed year after year by dissapointing seasons. The deep pain you feel when you know that you are watching a good team that is capable of doing better, only to see them falter and wither every year.

The worst part is, you can’t stop watching them. You can’t just give up on them and move on, they keep pulling you back in. It’s like you can’t even control it. Now excuse me while I got find a nice, clean corner and softly weep in it.

All joking aside though, and getting back on topic, I actually was really happy with the armor available in this game, even before the championship bundle. I know there are some wacky ones in this game (I’m looking at you, Pioneer), but there’s such a big selection that there are a lot of really good ones as well. I mean, compare this selection to what we had in Halo 3. Also, this armor has a more heroic build than in Reach and even three. It feels like a supersoldier, not just a overglorified ODST (I’m looking at you, Reach). It feels like in Halo 4, they built upon the spartans of Halo 3 and stuck to that theme.

Reach’s mark V helmet looks the most different out of them all. The only difference between 3, and 4’s Mark V helmet is the shape of the visor. I personally hate Reach’s Mark V.

I can remake Dare Pretty well in 4. The Odst gear in 4 (except the helmet) are more ODST like than the ones in Reach.

Something I have to say about the Mk V is the ammo packs on the chest plate.

343 recreated this twice in less than half the time it took Bungie to create it once.

Bungie had a dreadful recreation of the Mk V in Reach but Halo 4 did such a great job.

It’s a funny thing that you just made me realize. My friend wears Mk V and started playing Halo during Reach. He thought that the Mk V in Halo 3 was ugly and only got good after Reach came out. Then Halo Anniversary comes out and he not only hates 343s remake of the Mk V but Bungies original version too. Now today he was telling me how he hates Halo 4s Mk V. Now I’ve just realized that he hates Mk V and what he actually likes is everything that makes Reaches Mk V inconsistent with every other version. I can’t wait to go and turn his world upside down.

> > Football player?
> >
> > Yes! now I can play ricochet with my packers armor and pretend we are actually doing good this season…
> >
> >
> > sniff I hope I can
>
> Don’t worry man, no matter how bad your packers may be, they’ll definitely be better than the lions. You wanna feel pain watching a football team? You don’t even know the beginning of pain until you’ve tried to watch the lions year after year, hoping that you will finally see the year when they are a good team, only to get crushed year after year by dissapointing seasons. The deep pain you feel when you know that you are watching a good team that is capable of doing better, only to see them falter and wither every year.
>
> The worst part is, you can’t stop watching them. You can’t just give up on them and move on, they keep pulling you back in. It’s like you can’t even control it. Now excuse me while I got find a nice, clean corner and softly weep in it.
>
> All joking aside though, and getting back on topic, I actually was really happy with the armor available in this game, even before the championship bundle. I know there are some wacky ones in this game (I’m looking at you, Pioneer), but there’s such a big selection that there are a lot of really good ones as well. I mean, compare this selection to what we had in Halo 3. Also, this armor has a more heroic build than in Reach and even three. It feels like a supersoldier, not just a overglorified ODST (I’m looking at you, Reach). It feels like in Halo 4, they built upon the spartans of Halo 3 and stuck to that theme.

The lions… Ouch…
At least the packers won a few Super Bowls…
I fell your pain mate… It looks like chicagos doing pretty good, so I. Not to mad at football

> The lions… Ouch…
> At least the packers won a few Super Bowls…
> I fell your pain mate… It looks like chicagos doing pretty good, so I. Not to mad at football

Yep, good year to be a bears fan. Luckily I don’t want to look like a football player in this game, even though I thought it was neat to throw in with ricochet.