I Have To Say, 343i Is Not Impressing Me

I won’t go into detail as the rest of the forum already has, but we’re all well aware of all the various features, gamemodes, and options 343i ignored for Halo 4. We’re all well aware of the terrible problems plaguing the game, most notably the lag and crashes. And of course, we already are aware that LE owners got completely shafted.

I paid an extra $40 on top of what the price for the SE would have been and with the promise of many fantastic goodies. It’s just a shame that none of those goodies carried any value, let’s deconstruct this:

• Game [–see above–]
  • Map Pack Season Pass [first map given out free]
  • Specializations [given out to all players at the end of the month of release]
  • Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition [wasn’t a DVD and didn’t offer any significant amount of bonus content]
  • Armor Skin and Avatar Items [skin for the Default “Recruit” armor and who cares about avatar items]
  • Collectible Papers [never bother with them]

So let’s say I was okay with the lackluster assortment of “bonuses” that include the bottom 3. There was no way of knowing the top 3 would get so seriously pulled out from under my feet.

I’m not asking for a refund or MS Points or anything like that. Instead, I’m just pointing out that when Halo 5 comes out, 343i better have proven they can fix Halo 4’s many faults (by actually fixing them in Halo 4) and then innovating the franchise with Halo 5. Also a Limited Edition version that is handled better would be nice.

Give me something that feels limited and then let me keep it instead of forcing me to share with all the other kids on my street, if you get what I’m saying.

It’s hard enough thinking about the awful places 343i looks poised to throw the Halo franchise without them increasing the level of frustration I have over the matter by allowing more dumb things to happen. Worse; watching all the fanboys line up for 343i to shear their wool.

I don’t care about being impressed anymore, I just want some assurance that my extra $40 couldn’t have been better spent towards Crysis 3.

I’m just here to watch

you have to be either really rich or really stupid to buy a (insert cool sounding name here) edition of a game, not only is it never worth the price, it is also fairly common for the developer to offer the “exclusive” content to everyone.

if you either had more than enough money to spend or wanted to give money to 343i then thats fine but STOP acting like the LE wasnt a rip-off from the start.

btw speaking of rip-offs see gears of war 3 epic edition.

LOL, I didn’t even buy the Limited Edition, but I just had a fun idea of going to Xbox Support and raging in the manner of an angry feminist about getting compensation.

Decided not to because Microsoft might black-list me or something.

Yeah, I got LE because I thought it would have either FOTUS or LOCUS or something… but no, just recruit armor. How come all the armor looks ugly and it takes a max commendation to unlock it?? Im not too happy with Halo 4. It made me quit xbox…I can’t play Halo 3 or 2 anymore and I dont like Reach, fo sho not turning to Call of Duty.

I’m starting a band. .-.

> STOP acting like the LE wasnt a rip-off from the start.

It wasn’t. I went into it not realizing just how bad the game would truly be and how many exclusives 343i would render meaningless. Call it a learning experience, for both myself and for 343i.

> I don’t like this guy. . .

Why? Because I’m not screaming for 343i’s blood or because I haven’t fallen in line with the rest of the acceptants either? I’m concerned about a franchise I care about and the decisions that the new people in charge are making. If I’m to be condemned for that though I guess the franchise might as well have already died along with its community; the one that still cared, I mean.

> you have to be either really rich or really stupid to buy a (insert cool sounding name here) edition of a game, not only is it never worth the price, it is also fairly common for the developer to offer the “exclusive” content to everyone.
>
> if you either had more than enough money to spend or wanted to give money to 343i then thats fine but STOP acting like the LE wasnt a rip-off from the start.
>
> btw speaking of rip-offs see gears of war 3 epic edition.

Im glad i wasnt the only one who wasnt happy with the GoW 3epic edtion. Halo 4’s LE was soild im my mind. This whole map pack issue is getting blown way out of the box plus its not even 343’s fault. One thing thati hate is the fact that gamers are demanding refunds cause the game didnt live up to what they wanted. Thats the risk you run when buying a game. you think the players who bought Skyrim on the PS3 are happy that they cant get any DLC? No there not. Things dont allways go to plan.

many LE’s are worth it if you get something cool. Halo 3 you got soooooo much awesome stuff and a bust of master chiefs head. If you are a fan of the Borderlands series than BL2’s LE in a loot chest is instantly worth it. I did not get the LE for halo 4 but i can see how pissed you could be! But in all honesty you payed an additional $40 to a company that was handed an already established game (reach) and drop it on its head! I couldn’t justify spending that money on something so unproven and it turns out I finally made a good call.

They weren’t out to impress you specifically anyway.

Your fault for having such unrealistic expectations from a new developer trying to get some solid ground.

> > STOP acting like the LE wasnt a rip-off from the start.
>
> It wasn’t. I went into it not realizing just how bad the game would truly be and how many exclusives 343i would render meaningless. Call it a learning experience, for both myself and for 343i.
>
>
>
> > I don’t like this guy. . .
>
> Why? Because I’m not screaming for 343i’s blood or because I haven’t fallen in line with the rest of the acceptants either? I’m concerned about a franchise I care about and the decisions that the new people in charge are making. If I’m to be condemned for that though I guess the franchise might as well have already died along with its community; the one that still cared, I mean.

I’m kidding. I’ll edit it