I HAVE to bring this up one more time

I have to bring this up one more time for the sole hope that halo 6 won’t make the same mistake.

7 of my buddies and I just had a LAN party and it was a blast. There was a few moments of playing where we were all screaming at each other cause someone made an awesome flag run or something; it was just a lot of fun. But guess what: WE WEREN’T PLAYING HALO!! I had to go rent Black Ops 3 so that we could have something to play. FOUR of the guys specifically didn’t own Halo 5 because they couldn’t play it with their sons. They owned MCC but guess what… we can’t system link that either! 343 thinks this isn’t a big deal but it is. Halo is losing followers and sales because of this. I can tell one thing that DID NOT happen. No one said “Man, I’m sure glad Halo 5 has that crispy 60fps so that we have to be playing CoD right now”. You know something else that was NEVER said, “Boy, this CoD would be so fun right now if we were running 60fps 1080p.” It’s just garbage. 343 got lazy and thought it wasn’t a big deal. But it is. If 4 out of 7 of just the people that I know don’t own Halo 5 because of no split screen and system link, how many thousands of people across the US don’t own it for the same reason? Because I can promise you 100% that we would have been playing Halo 5 the entire time if it was possible.

It’s not Xbox One’s fault. This is 100% a decision made by 343. We had ZERO issue system linking 4 Xbox Ones together to play 4v4 Black Ops 3. Just plugged it all in and played with no hiccups for about 6 hours.

Yesssssssss. I wanna show my PS4 buddy the “new” Infection mode, but I can’t play with him because “The pros want 1080p.”

One more time
We’re gonna celebrate
Oh yeah, all right
Don’t stop the LANing

343i definitely thought it was a big deal. The members of 343i weren’t lazy, they just had to make a sacrifice. Don’t get me wrong, I agree that the removal of splitscreen was absolutely terrible; splitscreen is the one thing that would make this game perfect for me. However, you must understand that they didn’t just decide to leave it out; they had a reason. I mean, do you really think that 343i didn’t know how terrible the response was going to be when they first announced the absence of splitscreen from Halo 5: Guardians? Believe me, they knew. No one makes a decision like that without knowing fully well what the cost will be.

> 2533274859620752;4:
> 343i definitely thought it was a big deal. The members of 343i weren’t lazy, they just had to make a sacrifice. Don’t get me wrong, I agree that the removal of splitsreen was absolutely terrible; splitscreen is the one thing that would make this game perfect for me. However, you must understand that they didn’t just decide to leave it out; they had a reason, I’m sure of it. I mean, do you really think 343i didn’t know how terrible the response was going to be when they first announced the absence of splitscreen from Halo 5: Guardians? Believe me, they knew. No one makes a decision without knowing fully well what the cost will be.

Yeah, they wanted “1080p and 60 fps” in a game with pretty crappy lighting and shaders. In fact, have you seen the spartan models? They don’t even have shaders. They wanted to make the game look good on paper, but the overall graphical quality just isn’t there.

If they made the game 40-60 fps, and 900p (upscaled to 1080), they probably could have squeezed SS and a couple more shaders in there, without too large of a loss.

I just wish 343 would listen… because they’ve been doing a whole lot of ignoring and pretty soon that pile of pissed off fans will get bigger and bigger.

60fps is more important to me than splitscreen. It is much more fluid. I’d love to have splitscreen too, but console hardware is absolutely awful.

If you’d like to discuss your thoughts on splitscreen, please feel free to add there here :slight_smile:
Official Split-Screen Thread