i have my copy of halo 4. will i get banned?

If i play it? Thanks :slight_smile:

yes you will just wait till monday night at 12 or just play offlie

Reports are that some are getting banned and some aren’t. If you have a legitimate copy of the game, say via pre-order, you won’t get a ban. ALTHOUGH some that do have a legit copy are getting banned for a few hours but this is speculated to be 343 testing out their ban hammer.

Just try it out and see what happens bro.

You might cop one. Sometimes they will ask you to show proof of purchase while other times you will be fine. Honestly it comes down to whether you are willing to take the risk. I personally have had the game for few days now and have not gone online, nor do I plan to until release day.

You’ll be fine, even if a ban occurs you just have to show proof of your purchase and it’ll get lifted straight away. Go play and enjoy yourself, a hell of a lot of people are getting theirs now.

These threads are getting ridiculous, not having a pop at you OP but an official thread or sticky would be good, that way we know.

Play away.

You won’t get banned if you prove you bought it.

I had Halo 3 about a week / week and a half early. They were saying all the same stuff then about getting banned. I didn’t get banned and I played online. Look at my acheivement dates if you don’t beleive me. I think people are mad they don’t have it and spread the rumor. When you play it don’t forget to send all your friends game invites! :slight_smile: They will love you for it.

> I had Halo 3 about a week / week and a half early. They were saying all the same stuff then about getting banned. I didn’t get banned and I played online. Look at my acheivement dates if you don’t beleive me. I think people are mad they don’t have it and spread the rumor. When you play it don’t forget to send all your friends game invites! :slight_smile: They will love you for it.

Some perhaps, but there have been tweets from people in the know about legitimate gamers getting caught, I agree with the Halo 3 comment, I knew players playing it 10 days early due to a UK retailer making a mistake and they were fine.

Frankie states that you shouldn’t worry.

You will be absolutely fine. People ask this with every release, and with every release, Microsoft and the developers of said game always state that legit early play is fine.

That in mind - not everyone is wrong when they say that a few legit people did get a scare this time around… A glitch got some people banned but it’s fixed now.

I’ve had Gears 3, Mass 3, Halo Wars and Fable 2 a week early and never been banned.

Play ahead mate!

> yes you will just wait till monday night at 12 or just play offlie

I’m playing online and I haven’t been banned yet. Frank O’Connor also made a post on NeoGaf saying as long as your copy is legitimate you shouldn’t be banned and even if you are all you need to do is show Microsoft your bill.

Right as far as illegitimate games go I have no idea… Is it possible for a retailer to sell you a fake copy and for it to be able to run on your xbox even if you haven’t hacked it? I’m scared of this because I bought mine from a new retailer!

> Right as far as illegitimate games go I have no idea… Is it possible for a retailer to sell you a fake copy and for it to be able to run on your xbox even if you haven’t hacked it? I’m scared of this because I bought mine from a new retailer!

You can always wait 'till it’s November 6, but you should be able to play legitimate copies of Halo 4.

Edit: Besides, I doubt they would sell illegal copies. It’d be s stupid move on their part, especially if it’s a new store.

> Right as far as illegitimate games go I have no idea… Is it possible for a retailer to sell you a fake copy and for it to be able to run on your xbox even if you haven’t hacked it? I’m scared of this because I bought mine from a new retailer!

No…no it is not…

Seriously people.

Where did people pre-order to get early copies?

> > Right as far as illegitimate games go I have no idea… Is it possible for a retailer to sell you a fake copy and for it to be able to run on your xbox even if you haven’t hacked it? I’m scared of this because I bought mine from a new retailer!
>
> No…no it is not…
>
> Seriously people.

You never know.

[deleted]

> Where did people pre-order to get early copies?

I wouldn’t say I got mine early, since the postman is not here yet… But SimplyGames dispatched yesterday!