I have found my first main complaint with the game

Game went out of sync with other players. It’s your fault, so we’ll take 80% off of you.

Times 3. In a row.

Oh, we forgot to tell you there was an update… these two times you restarted the game, and tried “get updates” in MS store.

Yeah that out of sync is horrible. I never have too many problems in solo or duos but 3v3s has LOTS of issues. Definatly not a user-side error. Hot-fix issues im fine with because we dont have 20 updates everytime they decide to “attempt” to balance things. Thats the worst issue, how is the game still unbalanced? Lol.

If you are desyncing after an update, try hard rebooting your xbox to clear the cache by holding the power button for 10+ seconds and then turning it back on after a minute or so.

> 2533274807321681;3:
> If you are desyncing after an update, try hard rebooting your xbox to clear the cache by holding the power button for 10+ seconds and then turning it back on after a minute or so.

Thank you, but my complaint was rather about losing good portion of CSR to desync, caused by the games refusal to get self-updated.

> 2533274807321681;3:
> If you are desyncing after an update, try hard rebooting your xbox to clear the cache by holding the power button for 10+ seconds and then turning it back on after a minute or so.

I made a thread about out of sync errors and this does not correct the problem. I seriously find this reply useless, the amount of times I’ve heard this over all the Xbox consoles/games I’ve had, its never done anything to help.

There are other problems too, like you start the game and the menu freezes or it freezes in game. All the settings keep going back to default too and why does it ask if I want to do the blitz tutorial when I’ve played 200 games of blitz now. Its pretty damn annoying.