I have come to love the Grenade Launcher

Just voicing an opinion on an overlooked weapon. Why is it overlooked? Because it takes skill to use. I used to dislike the grenade launcher because I didn’t know how to use it, until I decided I wanted to practice using it. Leading your targets and bouncing shots correctly makes the GL a very deadly weapon, and the great thing is that it’s not considered a power weapon, so it doesn’t disappear when you drop it, and nobody rushes it. I think the Reach GL is one of the most balanced weapons in the game, and it breaks the term “noob-tube” because it is a weapon you have to be skilled with to use.

Also, after my realization I’ve noticed something else too: People who hate a weapon don’t know how to use it. I hated the GL, but after I learned to use it I love it. I consider myself skilled with a Spartan Laser, but when I share this with a certain friend of mine, he calls it a POS. I’ve also noticed that when he does pick it up, he misses almost every shot.

Anyway, human nature aside, any other grenade launcher lovers out there? 343, put the grenade launcher in Halo 4, and don’t change a thing about the way it operates.

> Just voicing an opinion on an overlooked weapon. Why is it overlooked? Because it takes skill to use. I used to dislike the grenade launcher because I didn’t know how to use it, until I decided I wanted to practice using it. Leading your targets and bouncing shots correctly makes the GL a very deadly weapon, and the great thing is that it’s not considered a power weapon, so it doesn’t disappear when you drop it, and nobody rushes it. I think the Reach GL is one of the most balanced weapons in the game, and it breaks the term “noob-tube” because it is a weapon you have to be skilled with to use.
>
> Also, after my realization I’ve noticed something else too: People who hate a weapon don’t know how to use it. I hated the GL, but after I learned to use it I love it. I consider myself skilled with a Spartan Laser, but when I share this with a certain friend of mine, he calls it a POS. I’ve also noticed that when he does pick it up, he misses almost every shot.
>
> Anyway, human nature aside, any other grenade launcher lovers out there? 343, put the grenade launcher in Halo 4, and don’t change a thing about the way it operates.

This is basically how I came to love the GL myself. Nice post :slight_smile:

> Just voicing an opinion on an overlooked weapon. Why is it overlooked? Because it takes skill to use. I used to dislike the grenade launcher because I didn’t know how to use it, until I decided I wanted to practice using it. Leading your targets and bouncing shots correctly makes the GL a very deadly weapon, and the great thing is that it’s not considered a power weapon, so it doesn’t disappear when you drop it, and nobody rushes it. I think the Reach GL is one of the most balanced weapons in the game, and it breaks the term “noob-tube” because it is a weapon you have to be skilled with to use.
>
>
>
> Anyway, human nature aside, any other grenade launcher lovers out there? 343, put the grenade launcher in Halo 4, and don’t change a thing about the way it operates.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

I just wish they would put them on more maps… the Laser as well. I don’t like playing Splockets TBH. I enjoy being able to pick it up and blast some poor sucker trying to AR me… :slight_smile:

I wish The MLG guy would stop calling it the “Noob Tube” a more fitting name would be the “Pro Pipe”.
Pro Pipe.

> Pro Pipe.

That’s how I came to know them.

I’m yet to generally use this weapon, used it in campaign and found it generally fun.

> I wish The MLG guy would stop calling it the “Noob Tube” a more fitting name would be the “Pro Pipe”.
> Pro Pipe.

I laughed so hard at that name. It does actually require some skill to use the ‘Pro Pipe’. :wink:

I agree, it is a very cool weapon, and a good edition to the Halo sandbox. I only wish it did more damage to Jackals in Firefight. They are abnormally resilient to its blast.

Yes, I love the prediction shot type weapons but its scary to see MLG pros going for the grenade launcher over the power weapons because of how effective it can be. In the 2v2 of Roybox vs Ogre 2 and Pistola Roy went for the grenade launcher instead of the sniper first and Lunchbox went for the evade ability lol.

I’ve always sort of considered it a power weapon TBH, but I do enjoy using it :stuck_out_tongue:

> Yes, I love the prediction shot type weapons but its scary to see MLG pros going for the grenade launcher over the power weapons because of how effective it can be. In the 2v2 of Roybox vs Ogre 2 and Pistola Roy went for the grenade launcher instead of the sniper first and Lunchbox went for the evade ability lol.

I dont know why MLG use the rockets on countdown, Pro Pipe all the way dump the rocket spawn.

I like to use it in arcadefight and occasionally MM. It’s a very good weapon if you know how to use it.

The GL is hands down the most fun weapon to use in Reach. The Magnum is a very close second.

> The GL is hands down the most fun weapon to use in Reach. The Magnum is a very close second.

Magnum can be difficult to use in MM because of bloom. But just like the grenade launcher, if you know how to use it, it is a great weapon. But then again, not many people have mastered the magnum because of bloom.

i love emping people

> > The GL is hands down the most fun weapon to use in Reach. The Magnum is a very close second.
>
> Magnum can be difficult to use in MM because of bloom. But just like the grenade launcher, if you know how to use it, it is a great weapon. But then again, not many people have mastered the magnum because of bloom.

Wanna know a top secret method to place all of your shots without spamming one?

I love the grenade launcher, ever since I found out that on the little blue screen it will show “x # of Targets”. I started using it on Swordbase for the lift room, I then picked it up on Powerhouse, The Cage, and Breakpoint/Other Big Team maps for Vehicles. A quick double grenade combo is an effective way to take out multiple targets (fire one and then throw one).

You can EMP a Warthog/Banshee and then throw a sticky at it, pretty much going to make it go boom.

Shoot a shot from the pipe up a lift to see how many people are waiting on up there for you.

Set it up and use it like a mine.

> I love the grenade launcher, ever since I found out that on the little blue screen it will show “x # of Targets”. I started using it on Swordbase for the lift room, I then picked it up on Powerhouse, The Cage, and Breakpoint/Other Big Team maps for Vehicles. A quick double grenade combo is an effective way to take out multiple targets (fire one and then throw one).
>
> You can EMP a Warthog/Banshee and then throw a sticky at it, pretty much going to make it go boom.
>
> Shoot a shot from the pipe up a lift to see how many people are waiting on up there for you.
>
> Set it up and use it like a mine.

Nice I only recently started using this weapon more often, and trying to get used to it. I did not know this about it. I’m gonna try it out the next chance I get.

<4

God I love this weapon. No one uses it so I always pick it up, its SUCH a beast if you know how to do it.

And OP, it is a power weapon

> God I love this weapon. No one uses it so I always pick it up, its SUCH a beast if you know how to do it.
>
> And OP, it is a power weapon

Correct. Technically speaking, the GL is a power weapon. But people still don’t rush it as much as the sniper rifle or rocket launcher. To me it really seems like most players either don’t care about the GL because they think it’s underpowered compared to the rocket launcher, or they don’t know how to use it properly.