I have been banned from voice chat for a week

Could someone from Halo please justify to me why? I’m also wondering how I could buy software and service from you guys and have functionality removed from it arbitrarily, so would appreciate knowing how Halo concludes that I am not worthy.

Sounds like you were banned for being muted a abnormal amount of times.

> I’m also wondering how I could buy software and service from you guys and have functionality removed from it arbitrarily

It says so in the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use you signed when you created your Xbox LIVE account. You know those agreements that we always click “I Agree” to but never read?

> Sounds like you were banned for being muted a abnormal amount of times.

Strang, 2 days ago it said I was voice banned for a week. I have a family setting so I can only hear my friends…

do you play music while you play ? I automatically mute people blasting music over their mic. Get too many mutes = temp ban.

What’s sad is this -Yoink- occurs so frequently that I can just glance at your post and instantly know why you were banned.

OP, you were banned because people muted you over and over for -Yoink- and giggles. It happens to tons of people and microsoft has done nothing about it.

> What’s sad is this -Yoink!- occurs so frequently that I can just glance at your post and instantly know why you were banned.
>
> OP, you were banned because people muted you over and over for Yoink! and giggles. It happens to tons of people and microsoft has done nothing about it.

Then explain why I was banned. Because like I said before, I have a setting to where I can only talk/hear friends only…

> do you play music while you play ? I automatically mute people blasting music over their mic. Get too many mutes = temp ban.

Did you even read my post? I can only hear my other friends… So maybe the OP was banned for playing loud music, or whatever, but my ban makes no logical sense.

Guys, I’m pretty sure Microsoft has its own support forum.

Despite what you guys may think, 343i is only in charge of the games. Anything regarding XBL services is kind of out of their domain.

>>Did you even read my post?

No because I was replying to the OP

> > do you play music while you play ? I automatically mute people blasting music over their mic. Get too many mutes = temp ban.
>
> Did you even read my post? I can only hear my other friends… So maybe the OP was banned for playing loud music, or whatever, but my ban makes no logical sense.

Here is how the Voice ban works.

Any player may mute another player at any time. A player can be muted even when he/she doesn’t use a mic.

Receive enough mutes and you’ll get an automatic “ban” for a while. It doesn’t matter if you have no mic, settings so they can’t hear you etc. If they mute you it counts towards your ban. Go over the limit and you’ll get banned.

There are players who do this automatically, mute anyone they don’t like, or everyone in the match for no reason at all. Or perhaps they do it because they lost a match, to get “revenge”.

I mean, I got 60% unsporting in Halo 3 and I’ve never ever played against my own team. I’ve also gotten a lot of bad communication rep while not using a mic.

So, you and OP getting mutes in the game is most likely the reason both of you have gotten communication bans.

I was just trying to show a little happiness to all the halo 4 people for the New Years! :’( I wished that the people who made halo 4 would at least give us a warning.

> I was just trying to show a little happiness to all the halo 4 people for the New Years! :’( I wished that the people who made halo 4 would at least give us a warning.

This was implemented back in reach and several other game companies do it since it gets rid of trolls, annoying little kids who are just screaming away for no reason, people singing or playing music from game chat mist of the time. Its kind if expected from a halo game or any game in fact.

Oh and happy new year!!! =]