I have bad kd, means im not allowed to post?

Hello, awesome halo community which i have come to know for years now. Earlier i was pmed by a random spartan telling me that because i had a .9 kd ratio in halo 5 that i should never post on here again as all of my thoughts and comments are not worth even sharing.

So this kinda bugged me but i shrugged it off and just decided to make a post about it just to kinda get some input because i know this community is better than that.

Like most or many of you i started halo in the original trilogy though my service record doesnt provide much proof… (mainly due to permanent suspensions of my original profiles from me being a dumb kid) so some will call me a fake and im ok with that lol.

Now dont get me wrong i can see why i got the message partly due to having a little fun replying with silly comments now and then (seriously who doesnt) but i want to know why exactly from some of you guys is it important that a person has a high kd before making any comment. Also ill add in that it wasnt even the OP to the topic it was just some random person.

i will keep the profile of the pm confidential since it isnt allowed for discussion, i will say that they were banned from making any post due to making topics in the wrong forum sections no too long ago so maybe this was only way for the user to get any amusement on the site.

Idk maybe i let it bug me a little too much or whatever but this is a place i like to vent a little because its a fun place to be.

So all in all do you some of you require a high kd before even considering a comment, dont care, or go waaay out of your way to tell a person that theyre not welcome here because of their kd and should never post again?

Git gud skrub! You have to be a 1337 MLG to post on forums everyone is allowed to post on! Oh wait, “forums everyone is allowed to post on” …

Its fine man.

My KD is average and I still post creative and on topic posts

All opinions are ignored equally here.

> 2533275016942754;2:
> Git gud skrub! You have to be a 1337 MLG to post on forums everyone is allowed to post on! Oh wait, “forums everyone is allowed to post on” …

This made me lol

> 2533274909395135;5:
> > 2533275016942754;2:
> > Git gud skrub! You have to be a 1337 MLG to post on forums everyone is allowed to post on! Oh wait, “forums everyone is allowed to post on” …
>
>
> This made me lol

Then I have done my duty.

That’s nothing to be ashamed of in Halo 5, this game is so hard to maintain a decent KD in. At least for myself, I can’t speak for everyone. Don’t let anyone get you down about KD, honestly it doesn’t matter. As long as you enjoy the game, post and do whatever you like. People like that are idiots, don’t worry about it at all. I’d rather have a team of low KD players throwing themselves at the flag to save the game than a team of tryhards sitting back farming kills instead of playing the objective for fear of ruining their ratio.

> 2533274903881104;3:
> Its fine man.
> My KD is average and I still post creative and on topic posts

Quality kek, my friend.

Don’t sweat it, OP. KDR doesn’t mean anything unless you do 1v1s all day or something.

> 2533274903881104;3:
> Its fine man.
>
> My KD is average and I still post creative and on topic posts

Your KD isn’t average. You are probably in the top 10-15 percentile.

I wouldn’t use stats as leverage on someone unless our opinions are so opposite that any reasonable dialect will not do.

> 2728966917079826;7:
> That’s nothing to be ashamed of in Halo 5, this game is so hard to maintain a decent KD in. At least for myself, I can’t speak for everyone. Don’t let anyone get you down about KD, honestly it doesn’t matter. As long as you enjoy the game, post and do whatever you like. People like that are idiots, don’t worry about it at all. I’d rather have a team of low KD players throwing themselves at the flag to save the game than a team of tryhards sitting back farming kills instead of playing the objective for fear of ruining their ratio.

I definitely know what you mean, for me halo 5 has probably been the hardest to get used to so far and its easy to make alot of mistakes. Right now i dont really have alot of options for casual play besides warzone. So occasionally ill go into arena for some good old fashion slayer but i pretty much only play casually so i get stomped most of the time but i still try to help my team stay on top as much as i can.

So usually yeah my kd is almost always in the toilet.

> 2533274910203606;10:
> > 2533274903881104;3:
> > Its fine man.
> >
> > My KD is average and I still post creative and on topic posts
>
>
> Your KD isn’t average. You are probably in the top 10-15 percentile.

I’m blushing

Don’t worry about your stats, you don’t need to be some sweaty MLG kid to have an opinion. If someone stat flames you here, it means they can’t think of a good argument to counter yours.

> 2533274978553590;14:
> Don’t worry about your stats, you don’t need to be some sweaty MLG kid to have an opinion. If someone stat flames you here, it means they can’t think of a good argument to counter yours.

Usually is the case. The only time i see stat flaming as valid is when actual stat comparison is the topic but hey what do i know lol.

I feel, as with anything, credentials are important but should not be the only source of relevance in a discussion. If I am in a discussion about competitive Halo, I feel I am credible in that area as I’ve made a few thousand playing Halo, reached the upper echelons of online play, etc. I am not nearly as experienced in that realm as, say, Walshy, but you get the point.

BUT if the discussion is about Grifball… I’m useless. I’m so useless I don’t even know if Grif has one F or two.

All of this pertains to stats because, while everyone is entitled to an opinion, credentials go along way when it comes to people taking you seriously.

I will admit that some in the community will immediately resort to stat-flaming as an attempt to tackle someone’s argument. That’s wrong. And I am sorry that you had someone send you a message about this. I want you to post your opinion on any thread you want to, as with anyone in the community. But just know some people WILL look at your service record and WILL judge you off of that alone. Right, wrong, or indifferent it happens. If they were mature they would handle your arguments based on the merits of those alone, not your service record.

It’s just a cop-out for them to immediately dismiss you and it’s wrong - which is why it’s against the rules. That and it also devolves into a -Yoink–throwing contest.

Having said all this, I’m going to lock this thread as it won’t lead to much discussion beyond this and isn’t particularly relevant to Halo 5 itself… it’s more of a person being a jerk on this website.

Again, I am sorry you had to deal with that. Please contact me if it continues and gets out of hand.