I Have A Very Urgent Issue

Dear 343 & anyone it may concern,

On November 25th, 2012, I had been working very hard on a college term paper. My girlfriend and I sat down around lunch time to watch “The Office” on Netflix together (as we do daily). Everything so far was okay. I had just received my very own copy of the Halo 4 Collector’s Edition for my birthday on the 21st. As tempted as I was to play it I remained diligent in finishing what I needed to get done with my paper. My girlfriend and her mother had left town, and I continued to work on my paper. At around 3:00 PM Central Standard Time, I decided, satisfied with the work I had completed, to finally sit back, relax, and dive in to Halo 4. To my astonishment, upon turning my Xbox on, I received a message telling me that my account had been logged into another Xbox console. I thought it was weird, so I decided to clear the cache on my Xbox, thinking it may have been a glitch as I am/was in the Fall 2012 Dashboard Beta. After clearing the Cache the problem persisted. However, I quickly logged into my bank account and noticed charges made that day. I frantically called Microsoft support. After being on hold for what seemed like an eternity, I finally was able to talk to an associate. I relayed them my problems and they told me that my account would be frozen, and that they would start the process of refunding me for the fraudulent charges.

Upon checking my account online at xbox.com, I noticed that my account had been tampered with extremely. Every single Xbox 360 game that I had ever played had every achievement unlocked; Borderlands 2 (which I have never played on my Xbox 360) had every single achievement except three. I also had every Halo 4 achievement which a majority of the Spartan Ops ones were not available yet. The 320 Microsoft Points I had were gone, as well as all of my friends. The associate said that an investigation would begin as soon as possible to see who had tampered with my account. I made the request to have my account be "rolled back/reset” to the 24th of November. A note of that was made, and the associate told me that the investigation would take up to six days to complete. I told them that I wanted to seek legal action if they found the party responsible for this. After spending almost 5 hours on and off the phone with support, I felt satisfied with the treatment I received. I was still a little upset that my account was subject to such an attack, (which an associate told me this is the worst hacking case they had ever seen). My online and real identity was stolen.

On the 27th of November, I logged in to xbox.com to see if anything with my account had been fixed. To my amazement, I saw that my recent activity showed that I had just played Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I do not even own that game. I thought that my account was locked. Upset, I called support again to make sure they were aware of what was going on. After relaying what had happened to an associate, they assured me that my account was locked – and it was. They then told me that the investigation would take twelve days, not six. Now, with my account locked I felt that I was more secure. An hour or so later I received an email notifying me that the investigation had been completed and I was given a code for 100 Microsoft points. Upon checking my account on xbox.com, to my amazement, nothing had been done and my Gamerscore still remained the 76k it had been hacked to. Upset I called support yet again. This time I relayed my entire story to a supervisor. He told me that he would elevate my issue to “Tier 3”, and that everything would be taken care of. I told him how frustrated I was that almost $200 worth of fraudulent purchases were made with my account and all that could be done was to compensate me with 100 MSP.

I recently contacted support again on December 2, 2012, one week after the incident, to get a follow up with the status of my account and its investigation. The associate informed me that Tier 3 does not handle phone calls, but that I should expect a phone call either Monday or Tuesday of that week. On December 6th, I received an email stating that I would be contacted by an associate in the Microsoft Customer Advocacy and Exception Management Team. We are currently working on getting my account back in order. One issue is that they will have to wipe my entire gaming history so my Gamerscore will be 0.

I want to ask something as I found all of the terminals, beat the campaign, put in all of the Waypoint codes I could, and I am at SR 28 am I going to be at subject to the ban hammer? Is there any way that I could get into contact with anyone at 343 to have my issue referred to them. I can forward my agents contact information and see if I can get everything resolved. Even if it is to get my service record for Halo 4 reset and any other Halo game for that matter (as I am sure I would hit snags in Reach & 3). I just want to make sure that when my account is ready to go that I will not run into any snags when I start playing Halo online again.

I apologize for the huge wall of text, as this issue is very important to me.

Thank you for your time.
Laetteralus

343 will probably never read this post.

Unlucky man.

Damn sorry I can’t be if more help to you. I would lose my -Yoink- if my account was hacked. Many years of my life are tied into my Xbox account.

Laetteralus, I’m actually not to sure on this one… I think your rank in halo 4 will be reset because the rank is saved in your account’s gpd file (found hidden on the profile itself) the question is if they are going to wipe the gpd’s achievement counters only or wipe your games from it completely. I’m sorry to tell you the bad news, but I’m about 98% sure you’ll be reset.

If you’re curious gpd’s are basically your profile’s history of games played.

That sucks. At least your SR is not too terribly high yet, I guess that’s some silver lining for you there. Good luck.

> Laetteralus, I’m actually not to sure on this one… I think your rank in halo 4 will be reset because the rank is saved in your account’s gpd file (found hidden on the profile itself) the question is if they are going to wipe the gpd’s achievement counters only or wipe your games from it completely. I’m sorry to tell you the bad news, but I’m about 98% sure you’ll be reset.

I don’t care to be reset, as much as I don’t like it, but it is for the greater good. I just want to make sure that I will not be banned or anything like that. I am actually quite heart broken over all of this. The memories and time I spent unlocking all of my achievements are out the window. I guess this will leave room for more. I am just worried about the banning aspect of all of this now. I just want to make sure that my spot will be secure when I jump back online for Halo and such, as I very much loved all of the Halo 4 I have played (what I actually got to anyways).

This is sad to read, I feel for you man.

I hope it goes as well as it can for you.

Some people might not understand the sense of accomplishment with unlocking achievements, but I do.

In fact, I’m gonna go change my password.

I feel for you man.

> Some people might not understand the sense of accomplishment with unlocking achievements, but I do.
>
> In fact, I’m gonna go change my password.
>
> I feel for you man.

Yes please do that for your sake! Some other things you can do as well is set up Microsoft account to require a text code to be sent to your phone, and also another thing you can do is, make sure you set you account to be downloaded every time it logs on. It may be tedious, but I hear that helps as well.

Bump

Horrible luck man.

You wont’ get banned by 343i for anything relating to this, likely nothing will be done, but something related to your Waypoint career record will no longer work :confused:

Your Waypoint career record will be at Level One sadly, and you won’t be able to unlock achievements that were previously unlocked, meaning you’ll never be able to max that out that.

Bump

I have moved this to the “Halo Waypoint” section. We use it as a catch-all support area.

OP, if you’re still checking around here, I’d recommend sending a PM to bs angel or rukizzel. They get a lot of messages and tend to have a lot on their plate, but they’re the ones to contact for an issue like this.

OP, and anyone else who this concerns, if you find your account to be hacked, get a hold of Customer support, and then change your password.

Try contacting one of the administration team:

bs angel
Frankie
Khakibody7
rukizzel
total sellout

I don’t think the forum users or moderators here can do much to help I’m afraid.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

An unfortunate situation indeed, but your Halo 4 experience should be unaffected by this. If there are any issues, we can continue discussions if/when they occur.