I have a theory as to why Chief goes rogue.

Okay, so hear me out here.

The campaign level that has been shown is the second level in the game, it takes place in an old Oni station. There is a screen were Blue team seems to be approaching a high ranking Elite major of some sort, looks to be one of Jul’s guys, but they’re not aiming at him, they’re simply scanning the room. there is a 2 second clip from that cinematic at the beginning of the first game informer video.

My theory is, Blue team is set to the base to do whatever it is they’re supposed to do. Late into the level they are stopped by a high ranking Elite lieutenant, he tells them he has something very important that they need to know, that Halsey is with Jul, that Oni ordered her to be killed. Blue team doesn’t believe him, they’re skeptical, this Elite tells them that the computers within this very station have the files to prove it, that they only need to dig in a little deeper, Blue team is taken aback, they are reluctant to disobey orders but the Elite has a video showing Halsey with Jul, she proclaims that Oni sent a Spartan IV to kill her, Chief, Kelly,Fred, and Linda see her missing arm, they’re shocked. They dicide to dig deeper to indeed find proof that this is not a ruse but Jul.

Upon find the truth they decide that Oni is no longer on their side, that they do not have humanity’s best interests in mind. They take it uppon them selves to find the truth about everything going on and protect humanity how they see fit. They take it upon themselves to find Halsey and figure out what to do next.

> 2732317809650829;1:
> Okay, so hear me out here.
>
> The campaign level that has been shown is the second level in the game, it takes place in an old Oni station. There is a screen were Blue team seems to be approaching a high ranking Elite major of some sort, looks to be one of Jul’s guys, but they’re not aiming at him, they’re simply scanning the room. there is a 2 second clip from that cinematic at the beginning of the first game informer video.
>
> My theory is, Blue team is set to the base to do whatever it is they’re supposed to do. Late into the level they are stopped by a high ranking Elite lieutenant, he tells them he has something very important that they need to know, that Halsey is with Jul, that Oni ordered her to be killed. Blue team doesn’t believe him, they’re skeptical, this Elite tells them that the computers within this very station have the files to prove it, that they only need to dig in a little deeper, Blue team is taken aback, they are reluctant to disobey orders but the Elite has a video showing Halsey with Jul, she proclaims that Oni sent a Spartan IV to kill her, Chief, Kelly,Fred, and Linda see her missing arm, they’re shocked. They dicide to dig deeper to indeed find proof that this is not a ruse but Jul.
>
> Upon find the truth they decide that Oni is no longer on their side, that they do not have humanity’s best interests in mind. They take it uppon them selves to find the truth about everything going on and protect humanity how they see fit. They take it upon themselves to find Halsey and figure out what to do next.

woah that would be an awesome turn of events if that happened

While Halsey may be an important figure to them, I doubt that’d be the reason for Blue Team to suddenly and quickly go rouge. I believe that it will have something to do with chief going crazy. Or more likely, the guardians have something to do with it.

Very good observation as to what that one image was, you tied the loose strings down(non violent confrontation with elite, halsey playing a role to have a render in the campaign, rogue blue team, being on an Oni rig prior to being deemed rogue), I believe this is the most probable event.

Actually, it was confirmed, I forget where exactly, that in that cutscene, they aren’t talking with it and it is not a friendly. In fact, right after that it gets sucked out into space.

> 2533274801802416;5:
> Actually, it was confirmed, I forget where exactly, that in that cutscene, they aren’t talking with it and it is not a friendly. In fact, right after that it gets sucked out into space.

oh. I see

Chief didnt go rogue, he was pushed into it. ONI decided Chief was more trouble than he was worth so

They twisted the story about him helping a person who supports peace with the Elites (as well as the Elites) escape from a group of terrorists who think all Covenant are evil (thus having to kill the human terrorists), to someone who killed humans without provocation and helped the Elites escape.

> 2533274821485400;7:
> Chief didnt go rogue, he was pushed into it. ONI decided Chief was more trouble than he was worth so
> They twisted the story about him helping a person who supports peace with the Elites (as well as the Elites) escape from a group of terrorists who think all Covenant are evil (thus having to kill the human terrorists, to someone who killed humans without provocation and helped the Elites escape.

Except the embassy raid most likely happened after Blue Team went rogue, judging from the time H5 supposedly starts and HTT’s time line.

> 2533274873310828;8:
> > 2533274821485400;7:
> > Chief didnt go rogue, he was pushed into it. ONI decided Chief was more trouble than he was worth so
> > They twisted the story about him helping a person who supports peace with the Elites (as well as the Elites) escape from a group of terrorists who think all Covenant are evil (thus having to kill the human terrorists, to someone who killed humans without provocation and helped the Elites escape.
>
>
> Except the embassy raid most likely happened after Blue Team went rogue, judging from the time H5 supposedly starts and HTT’s time line.

yes