I have a theory about the first level.

You saw the trailer. Chief wakes up in the Forward Unto Dawn (his half), he grabs Cortana and gets to see the problem. What does he do?

There must be stuff before this to explain other things, but i think theres gonna be some running around the ship to get stuff and get off the ship, maybe in an escape pod. Remind you of anything? 343 said they would keep true to some core original elements of Halo and this could be a tribute to the first halo level ever.

I would love this, with all the new gameplay and graphics and how it turns out. But i dont want this to be another Halo CEA. That was good and all, and i loved it, but i do want heaps of new innovation as well.

What do you think?

Where are the enemies though? In CE, you had to gun down 50 elites to reach the escape pod!

i believe that the in game awakening will be a little more slow paced compared to the teaser, and heck Chief might start with the Mark VI armor, get it damaged and a will get a new or upgraded armor in the UNSC Infinity

> Where are the enemies though? In CE, you had to gun down 50 elites to reach the escape pod!

the space rocks flying past you on your way could function as obsticales? and maybe some sentinals just to mix things up

I hope thats the way they introduce the armor, if they just put it on him and didnt introduce the functions that would be stupid.

Sounds like a good idea. Actually, I posted pretty much the same exact idea in another thread yesterday :slight_smile:

<mark></mark>
<mark>http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst54090p3_Campaign–What-types-of-levels-do-you-want-to-see.aspx
</mark>

> I don’t know why, but I kind of imagined the first level not featuring any enemies (or at least tillable enemies) at all. Think the opening to Halo CE, when you don’t have a weapon for the first ten minutes or so, and you’re navigating your way around the ship. I kind of imagined the opening to Halo 4 to be similar, when you are trying to escape off the FUD, avoiding Sentinels or something that have made their way on the ship, but you don’t have a weapon in your hand (at least for the beginning of the level) to defend yourself with. keep in mind that, from the looks of the trailer, the ship is exploding, you you have to be careful how you navigate around in it. The level can end with you getting off the ship in an escape pod or something.

I hope the first level involves exploring FUD after entering the “gate” while sentinels and such begin to dissect and raid the ship, and you fight them off.

Then about half way through the level, the ship crash-lands on the interior of the shield world, and you escape through a hole in the hull caused by the damage, and explore the space around you. (Combining the idea of Halo CE’s Pillar of Autumn, and Halo into one mission)

Its gonna be awesome, just wait. Im just hoping they have a legendary ending/unlock for completing legendary.

> You saw the trailer. Chief wakes up in the Forward Unto Dawn (his half), he grabs Cortana and gets to see the problem. What does he do?
>
> There must be stuff before this to explain other things, but i think theres gonna be some running around the ship to get stuff and get off the ship, maybe in an escape pod. Remind you of anything? 343 said they would keep true to some core original elements of Halo and this could be a tribute to the first halo level ever.
>
> I would love this, with all the new gameplay and graphics and how it turns out. But i dont want this to be another Halo CEA. That was good and all, and i loved it, but i do want heaps of new innovation as well.
>
>
> What do you think?

It would be insane… If they used that video as a vid in the game (or at least some of it.) !!! It would be nice for a re-cap too. I foget how H3 ends… :frowning:

How I see the first level: In the form of a cutscene, like it has been for every Halo game since Halo 2. I don’t intend to shoot down your idea at all, however! Maybe the follow-up level could appear in that format :slight_smile:

> How I see the first level: In the form of a cutscene, like it has been for every Halo game since Halo 2. I don’t intend to shoot down your idea at all, however! Maybe the follow-up level could appear in that format :slight_smile:

It would be pretty awesome! Rofl, no prob Floppy Phoenix.

> You saw the trailer. Chief wakes up in the Forward Unto Dawn (his half), he grabs Cortana and gets to see the problem. What does he do?
>
> There must be stuff before this to explain other things, but i think theres gonna be some running around the ship to get stuff and get off the ship, maybe in an escape pod. Remind you of anything? 343 said they would keep true to some core original elements of Halo and this could be a tribute to the first halo level ever.
>
> I would love this, with all the new gameplay and graphics and how it turns out. But i dont want this to be another Halo CEA. That was good and all, and i loved it, but i do want heaps of new innovation as well.
>
>
> What do you think?

or the ships ripping in half and u have to get the end in 150 seconds or less

I hope my theory answers some of your questions: link

I’m just so curios to see exactly what happens after Chief wakes up.

The real question that should be asked is when will we get to see this.

I’ve been thinking about how the first mission would go as well and I’ve come up with some ideas:

• What if a few Covies, Flood, and Sentinels made their way onto FuD before it took off?

Cortana wasn’t exactly in great condition at the end of Halo 3 and the ship itself was in even worse condition so maybe she couldn’t pick up on any life readings aboard the ship.

Imagine she wakes up Chief after discovering a faint reading, the Covies take Cortana from the terminal she’s in, and Chief has to fight to get her back.

You end up fighting your way through what is left of the ship while it is essentially tearing itself apart, and then at the end of the mission a wall or something rips off and you see the planet-like structure from the trailer.

Personally, I think setting up the first mission like this would be a great tribute from 343 by giving a nod to Bungie-era Halo. This would also help ease us into the next era a little better instead of just throwing us into the middle of a conflict we know nothing about. Bungie already did that with Halo 1 anyway. Nobody likes a rip-off.

The trailer that we all saw was just a teaser anyway, and doesn’t exactly reflect the final game’s actual opening. We never saw the Halo 3 annoucement trailer end up in Halo 3 either, it was just something similar to it.

> I hope the first level involves exploring FUD after entering the “gate” while sentinels and such begin to dissect and raid the ship, and you fight them off.
>
> Then about half way through the level, the ship crash-lands on the interior of the shield world, and you escape through a hole in the hull caused by the damage, and explore the space around you. (Combining the idea of Halo CE’s Pillar of Autumn, and Halo into one mission)

This is most probable IMO.

> > I hope the first level involves exploring FUD after entering the “gate” while sentinels and such begin to dissect and raid the ship, and you fight them off.
> >
> > Then about half way through the level, the ship crash-lands on the interior of the shield world, and you escape through a hole in the hull caused by the damage, and explore the space around you. (Combining the idea of Halo CE’s Pillar of Autumn, and Halo into one mission)
>
> This is most probable IMO.

and epic

I think when chief wakes up and in the trailer when he is being dragged into that other planet, I think that planet was a shield planet that the forerunners hid off to, and all the concept art we have seen is him exploring this new world he is in. Also on this planet he will gain clues of other Spartans that he had thought had died like maybe Kelly and Fred?

> I think when chief wakes up and in the trailer when he is being dragged into that other planet, I think that planet was a shield planet that the forerunners hid off to, and all the concept art we have seen is him exploring this new world he is in. Also on this planet he will gain clues of other Spartans that he had thought had died like maybe Kelly and Fred?

Who are Kelly and Fred? ?-?