I have a question.

I’m just wondering why it is that on this forum for games rated T+ (most of the games are rated M); why is it that I can’t swear once in a while in my posts? I believe that its an absurd rule.

Unless of course, 343 Industries is preparing to shift their aim toward a younger audience with the Halo franchise.
In which case, I would no longer be an active participant in the Halo universe. Big deal, I know right? But I’m sure many other Halo veterans would agree with me.

> I’m just wondering why it is that on this forum for games rated T+ (most of the games are rated M); why is it that I can’t swear once in a while in my posts? I believe that its an absurd rule.
>
> Unless of course, 343 Industries is preparing to shift their aim toward a younger audience with the Halo franchise.
> In which case, I would no longer be an active participant in the Halo universe. Big deal, I know right? But I’m sure many other Halo veterans would agree with me.

Its a forum for discussion, not to swear. You can swear once in while, there is a profanity filter in place the replaces a swear word with ‘Yoink!’. It is against the rules to bypass the profanity filter.

Forums are public for all to access why feel the need to swear, can’t voice your opinion on a professional level?

> Forums are public for all to access why feel the need to swear, can’t voice your opinion on a professional level?

That’s the way i see it.

Waypoint is trying to foster a positive, welcoming community and reading posts with people using profanity profusely is counter to that goal.

Anyone can access these forums. From what I remember there is no age gate in order to view or post in the forums. So keeping it clean is the easiest way to appease all. Not to mention it keeps things friendly and discussions open.

To be honest, I don’t want to see any of that here. Why not take the opportunity to learn a new word to describe what you are feeling instead of resorting to cursing? :wink:

> Waypoint is trying to foster a positive, welcoming community and reading posts with people using profanity profusely is counter to that goal.

I have to admit, Im so over the way swearing has become such a casual aspect of our contemporary culture. Im a vet, heard enough of it in the military and am currently trying to raise three girls just entering the tween years. Its not that Im against swearing, I just wish that most folks would realize that people around them have ears. In this forum, I wouldnt personally have an issue with it, but in MM or FF, I make sure I have headphones plugged in because I dont want the kids hearing some of the stuff spoken across ingame. Its worse hearing it out of the mouths of kids online.

There is an out of use term, quickly becoming archaic, called decorum. There’s a time to swear, and there’s a time not too. Knowing when not too, seems to be a thing of the past.

> > Waypoint is trying to foster a positive, welcoming community and reading posts with people using profanity profusely is counter to that goal.

i have to agree with the no swearing team on this one. i hear more and more swearing in my everyday life, not just in video games. i do swear but i take careful consideration as to what i say and to who. sometimes swearing can emphasise your point but swearing too much just makes someone sound uneducated, swearing because they can. well, that’s all the s*** i’ve got to say on that :slight_smile:

i like eggs, but i hate profanity!(on a public forum :D)

> I’m just wondering why it is that on this forum for games rated T+ (most of the games are rated M); why is it that I can’t swear once in a while in my posts? I believe that its an absurd rule.
>
> Unless of course, 343 Industries is preparing to shift their aim toward a younger audience with the Halo franchise.
> In which case, I would no longer be an active participant in the Halo universe. Big deal, I know right? But I’m sure many other Halo veterans would agree with me.

An enlightened mind doesn’t need to swear to get his point across; an enlightened mind can find more eloquent ways to deliver his (or her) message.