I have a question with the community

The community here wants to not have these CoD elements (or so they say), and for everyone to start on equal footing, but then everyone is complaining about the DMR being the only used Primary. It seems to me that the community has their equal footing that they keep complaining about. Help me Halo 4 forums in understanding your logic.

The community is pissed how Custom Games (and directly effect is Matchmaking) is painfully and disappointingly shoddy and pathetic.

It’s not that the CoD elements are stupid, it’s just the fact that we cannot change or create gamemodes that are similar to the old games is what pisses me and many others off.

TheWrongPlayer

You most likely didn’t read my comment, but yes I do feel that the CG options need to be improved to make this game less repetitive.

Equal footing would be the old games: preset weapons, and [near] symmetrical maps.

Isn’t it funny how people wanted Halo to stick to the old games, but 343 is moving it towards Call of Duty where imbalance is it’s middle name?

Before Halo 4 was even close to coming out, I said AAs are a blight, I hated every CoD change 343 was throwing into Halo 4. I still do. But have I ever complained about the DMR dominating every other weapon that has ever existed? No, no I have not.

> Equal footing would be the old games: preset weapons, and [near] symmetrical maps.
>
> Isn’t it funny how people wanted Halo to stick to the old games, but 343 is moving it towards Call of Duty where imbalance is it’s middle name?

No, a couple dozen nostalgia-junkies on this forum wanted it to stick to the old games. Moving it towards CoD would be keeping it the exact same thing each time. That would kill the franchise much faster than any of the new stuff (supposedly) could.

No one is complaining about people using the DMR.

They’re complaining that the DMR is too all-purporse. It beats out every other primary weapon by a long-shot.

In CoD, there is never one gun that trumps all the others. In H4, the DMR either beats or ties every other primary weapon in every aspect.

It’s range, practically no bloom, and quick fire rate make it lethal at any distance, in any scenario.

That’s why people complain about it.