I have a question about Halo 4.

Can you customize what’s in your ordinance drops? Because all of the gameplay from E3 shows that the Scattershot as the main power weapon, but on the new Vortex gameplay it shows a Concussion Rifle as the main power weapon. So is it customizable, or is it just map specific?

In simple terms, yes you can mate!

You can control the weight of which you get things. Personally i don’t really understand how it works but it has been confirmed you can control what you get in your ordnance drops :slight_smile:

I take it ordinance drops are basically kill streaks, so it would make sense to be able to customise them

> I take it ordinance drops are basically kill streaks, so it would make sense to be able to customise them

Yup. It’s a model based off of CoD kill streaks. Ordinance = Kill streak rewards

From what I’ve seen, I’d say it’s a combination of both: you are able to pick from a range of items that are specific to maps to compliment their size and play style.

It’s map specific, however, you can customise it in Forge/Custom Games.

Not much has been said about this. When I played at Eurogamer, I don’t remember there being an Ordnance customisation option.

Then again, I didn’t get to spend long customising loadouts.

> > I take it ordinance drops are basically kill streaks, so it would make sense to be able to customise them
>
> Yup. It’s a model based off of CoD kill streaks. Ordinance = Kill streak rewards

NO, there is even a perk that lets you “reroll” if you did not like what you got. It’s semi-random. Based upon what plays well on each map.

> > I take it ordinance drops are basically kill streaks, so it would make sense to be able to customise them
>
> Yup. It’s a model based off of CoD kill streaks. Ordinance = Kill streak rewards

Big difference: Kill Streak rewards are customized.

Ordinance drops are pre-determined by the gametype. You can only edit them in custom games.

Its more refined and better tuned, to keep the games balanced in general and gives you a few different options ranging from a Power Weapon, Power Up, most of the time. I like its use in the Vortex Gameplay, I have been curious about how it functions now closer to release and on newer builds. Its only on a few different Gametypes, so thatll be interesting to see how it ends up playing out honestly :).

Thanks for all the feedback everybody!