I have a Mac, can I opt in for PC steam flighting?

My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.

If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.

> 2535466548895507;1:
> My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
>
> If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.

unfortunately no. windows required.

Partitioning the HD and installing a legit copy of windows via boot camp would get you around the whole needing windows issue because it’ll make the Mac run windows natively but youd need to do it correctly and ensure its a legit windows install key or you’ll brick the Mac and be left with a glorified apple paper weight. I think theres an article on the apple website and tech forums about doing it and Boot Camp is the safest/best way to do it.

> 2535466548895507;1:
> My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
>
> If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.

Don’t know what Mac you have, but even with a windows partition I very much doubt any Mac will run Halo Infinite

> 2535441052281740;4:
> > 2535466548895507;1:
> > My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
> >
> > If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.
>
> Don’t know what Mac you have, but even with a windows partition I very much doubt any Mac will run Halo Infinite

I haven’t owned a Mac in several years. But if the OP has a intel based Mac of some kind with a decent GPU and they have windows installed via bootcamp (so they can actually boot into windows) I don’t see why they wouldn’t have a shot. Signing up for flight testing on PC requires you to upload a DXDIAG file. A acceptable DXDIAG file could most likely be generated if they are actually booting into Windows. But I wanna say Apple removed Bootcamp as a feature in a version of macOS at some point. I maybe wrong or maybe it’s only gone on the ARM based M1 mac’s.

> 2535441052281740;4:
> > 2535466548895507;1:
> > My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
> >
> > If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.
>
> Don’t know what Mac you have, but even with a windows partition I very much doubt any Mac will run Halo Infinite

I wouldnt be so sure, Macs do have somewhat decent specs given they may not be built for gaming but they can sure as hell handle a fair bit. Ive gamed on a Macbook pro (destiny 2 just for reference) and bar the whole track pad issue, Apple dont like to be normal and decided to not have split mouse buttons so aiming and shooting becomes a chore, It was a fairly decent gaming experience.

> 2533274886012594;6:
> > 2535441052281740;4:
> > > 2535466548895507;1:
> > > My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
> > >
> > > If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.
> >
> > Don’t know what Mac you have, but even with a windows partition I very much doubt any Mac will run Halo Infinite
>
> I wouldnt be so sure, Macs do have somewhat decent specs given they may not be built for gaming but they can sure as hell handle a fair bit. Ive gamed on a Macbook pro (destiny 2 just for reference) and bar the whole track pad issue, Apple dont like to be normal and decided to not have split mouse buttons so aiming and shooting becomes a chore, It was a fairly decent gaming experience.

Good to know, Flight might not work because of the dxdiog I guess, would be interested to know if anyone does get it working on a Mac. With xbox cloud gaming, shouldn’t be any problems if no pc or xbox

> 2535441052281740;7:
> > 2533274886012594;6:
> > > 2535441052281740;4:
> > > > 2535466548895507;1:
> > > > My computer is a Mac, (I don’t have an actual “PC” computer) so if I opted in for PC flighting programs, would it work for me on steam? If it is possible, I would opt in, but I don’t know if I would just say then not be able to actually participate.
> > > >
> > > > If anyone knows that it does work, or has done it I’d love to know.
> > >
> > > Don’t know what Mac you have, but even with a windows partition I very much doubt any Mac will run Halo Infinite
> >
> > I wouldnt be so sure, Macs do have somewhat decent specs given they may not be built for gaming but they can sure as hell handle a fair bit. Ive gamed on a Macbook pro (destiny 2 just for reference) and bar the whole track pad issue, Apple dont like to be normal and decided to not have split mouse buttons so aiming and shooting becomes a chore, It was a fairly decent gaming experience.
>
> Good to know, Flight might not work because of the dxdiog I guess, would be interested to know if anyone does get it working on a Mac. With xbox cloud gaming, shouldn’t be any problems if no pc or xbox

From memory the dxdiog shouldnt be too much of an issue so long as all the drivers and what not are installed correctly after the native installation is done although I guess it could all come down to whether or not it all meets the base level reqs to sign up for insider