I have a dream

Well, it’s a dream. I of course, wish it to be a reality. My dream focuses around custom game playability, and teamwork within matchmaking.

CUSTOMS

In Halo: reach, custom games were brutally ripped in half. How? Well, the options were defecated on, and simple things were over looked.

In Infection, for example, one can talk to everyone in the game. That’s a bit of a problem. The infected should only be able to talk to other infected, unless they’re within proximity voice range of an enemy. For people who like this, it could be an option in custom settings to have full game chat or not.

Active camo… In Reach, Camo is ineffective, and completely worthless. Even the setting in customs for “Good” camo is terrible. Maybe if I were blind I would have issues here, but I’m not. In Halo 3, good camo made the gametype, “Predator” a viable option along with multiple other gametypes where good camo was required.

Last man standing. In Reach, for whatever reason, when there are no respawns allowed, the last man standing is left to wait for the time to die down. That’s not cool.

MATCH MAKING

Voice chat is necessary to have a successful team. Party chat kills this.

Party chat, is great for people on separate games, or chilling on the dashboard, but in a game that requires skill, teamwork, and concentration, Party chat is an abomination.

Proximity voice has no purpose when there’s no one talking in-game. The added layer of intensity when you hear your enemy nearby talking to his teammates is gone with party chat.

Overall, party chat is just bad for a game like Halo.

For people who like not cooperating, leave it in some playlists for them, possibly the social playlist.

In playlists where the objective is winning however, block party chat. There’s no way to win when everyone is split into their own little pods of indifference.

CLOSURE

So, just to be brief, make sure tried and true customs work, and bring back teamwork for matchmaking.

Comments, concerns and discussion is certainly welcomed.

I completely agree. Customs were soooo much more fun in h3. I literally spent like 2 straight years playing customs.

And I also dislike party chat. I loved overhearing enemies and also hearing them scream as I kill them. Haha good times

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

> I completely agree. Customs were soooo much more fun in h3. I literally spent like 2 straight years playing customs.
>
> And I also dislike party chat. I loved overhearing enemies and also hearing them scream as I kill them. Haha good times

Definitely good times, and I never see that in Reach. It’s quite sad actually.

I’m glad someone agrees with me.

I thought this was an MLK parody thread…

I have dreams, too.

Halo can regain it’s prestige, it has been lost basically since Halo 2, with all the haters.

Hopefully Halo 4 can be so amazing, it changes that, no more haters…

> I thought this was an MLK parody thread…
>
> I have dreams, too.
>
> Halo can regain it’s prestige, it has been lost basically since Halo 2, with all the haters.
>
> Hopefully Halo 4 can be so amazing, it changes that, no more haters…

I could have done it as one, but I didn’t really feel like bugging the mods. lol

The Chatty setting for who you want to play with shouldn’t match with other Chatty people, it should match with people with mics and in game chat. Its easy to do.

I agree with the part on Customs. I loved custom games in Halo 3. Played the all the time. Reach on the other hand… I don’t know that I’ve played any with anyone outside my close group of friends.

The party chat thing… I don’t really find a problem with that. I mean when I played competitive in any of the Halo games, people only talked half the time. Not to mention some people don’t have mics. And there was actually an interesting thread about this some time ago…

…and we all know what happened to the last guy who said that.