I have a challenge for YOU 343 industries

Save competitive Halo. I’m not sure if you guys over there are aware but MLG is at a breaking point… Halo is almost completely dead in the competitive and tournament scene.

So all I’m asking 343 is please make this game have a competitive edge. Give us over at MLG the capability to cut through all the extra stuff and make a challenging, fair, and balanced shooter.

This is a post over in the MLG forums: No Halo in Raleigh

One member: “Reach is dead, not Halo.”

Another long time members reply: “keep telling yourself that… halo 4 is going to be a complete joke competitively. all of us who’ve been around since the 2001 halo days have always, always, always crossed our fingers that halo would go back to its old glory, but it never does, and it never will. riot shields bro! RIOT SHIELDS!!! it’s so horrible that one can only laugh.”

Please… prove this guy wrong ^

Competitive Halo is all I have known and love since 2006 and thanks again

Competetive Halo is certainly not dead.

lol riot shields. I guess those jackles in halo CE need to give credit to them too.

Another “MLG IS DEAD!” thread. Get a grip man, Halo 4 looks like a huge step forward competitively speaking. It looks like the perfect hybrid of Halo 3’s multiplayer and Reach’s. It utilizes armor abilities heavily but not to the extent where it’s completely game-changing and makes the game not feel like Halo. The day(if ever) that happens, then you will have good reason to be upset at 343 and want to confront them on the matter. Halo is evolving. And so should MLG, the Halo 2/3 days are long gone.

I can’t wait for this game to have steam for 6 days then die to BLack Ops 2. Its the usual trend with halo, except every previous game had 2 months to build an audience.

> lol riot shields. I guess those jackles in halo CE need to give credit to them too.

Except for the fact that Jackal shields were tiny compared to the Hardlight shield… And it has the same mechanics as a Riott shield, can only be shot in the feet, and if you crouch your invincible. At least with Hardlight shield not for long

> Competetive Halo is certainly not dead.

> I can’t wait for this game to have steam for 6 days then die to BLack Ops 2. Its the usual trend with halo, except every previous game had 2 months to build an audience.

Not even Halo 3 is currently dead. Reach is certainly alive, hell, even Halo Wars is alive!

I don’t see them on the top ten like every call of duty. I am a long time halo lover. I hate reach but still play it but Halo 4 has too much new stuff to compete with standard cod copy/paste game.

> > lol riot shields. I guess those jackles in halo CE need to give credit to them too.
>
> Except for the fact that Jackal shields were tiny compared to the Hardlight shield… And it has the same mechanics as a Riott shield, can only be shot in the feet, and if you crouch your invincible. At least with Hardlight shield not for long

You can’t crouch with the Hardlight Shield, and you’re still facing your back towards your enemies when you use the thing AND move at the speed of a sloth.

> I don’t see them on the top ten like every call of duty. I am a long time halo lover. I hate reach but still play it but Halo 4 has too much new stuff to compete with standard cod copy/paste game.

Who cares if they’re on the top 10? As long as I can find matches and enjoy them, all is well.

LIVE Activity for week of July 23

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  4. FIFA 12
  5. Halo: Reach

If soccer, 2 call of duty’s and minecraft beat Reach, and one of those COD is the same age as Reach, there’s something wrong.

@eliteslaya I only meant to post the similarities to a riot shield and you helped me. Your back is exposed with a Riot Shield in CoD and you move slow. But this is off topic anyways haha

I don’t meant to say Halo is dead I mean in the competitive scene… especially in MLG it is quite dead

> I don’t see them on the top ten like every call of duty. I am a long time halo lover. I hate reach but still play it but Halo 4 has too much new stuff to compete with standard cod copy/paste game.

I don’t care about that. As long as I can find matches I’ll be happy

> LIVE Activity for week of July 23
>
> Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
> 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
> 2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
> 3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
> 4. FIFA 12
> 5. Halo: Reach
>
>
> If soccer, 2 call of duty’s and minecraft beat Reach, and one of those COD is the same age as Reach, there’s something wrong.

A Halo game is at the bottom of the TOP FIVE LIST! Get Obama on the line!

Have you tried looking at “Competitive Halo” from another angle? Try making a new gametype that’s not just, “Halo 2 - Again”. Maybe people are losing interest in Halo because it’s been the same thing for the last 10 years.

Really, that’s the real issue MLG are having with Halo. That’s it’s not drawing in the crowds over other games. I’m pretty sure even with their problems for Reach, if it was still popular it wouldn’t be dropped.

> > LIVE Activity for week of July 23
> >
> > Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
> > 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
> > 2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
> > 3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
> > 4. FIFA 12
> > 5. Halo: Reach
> >
> >
> > If soccer, 2 call of duty’s and minecraft beat Reach, and one of those COD is the same age as Reach, there’s something wrong.
>
> A Halo game is at the bottom of the TOP FIVE LIST! Get Obama on the line!

A bad president to fix a bad game? I have faith in Halo 4, but little faith. They adding too much to the point where my 10 year old brother will prob go into Halo 4 like I did Combat Evolved. And like my younger self, we both going to take time to get use to the game but sadly with cod like i said one week away, no ones gonna come back and if they do it will be like reach now. Full of trolls and hardcore mlg tryhards.

> Have you tried looking at “Competitive Halo” from another angle? Try making a new gametype that’s not just, “Halo 2 - Again”. Maybe people are losing interest in Halo because it’s been the same thing for the last 10 years.
>
> Really, that’s the real issue MLG are having with Halo. That’s it’s not drawing in the crowds over other games. I’m pretty sure even with their problems for Reach, if it was still popular it wouldn’t be dropped.

Your absolutely right on the second part if Reach was wildly popular it wouldn’t have been dropped. MLG is a business and needs money like any other business.

But on the first part there is a very good reason that its recreating “Halo 2 again” it’s because Halo CE and Halo 2 took far more skill without a doubt then the newer Halo titles. If I were to get into the aspects of competitve Halo CE I could go for hours on things like spawning, power weapon control, timing, power up timing, weapon grenading, power up grenading, effective 3 shotting, and how to aim the sniper (to name a few)

> @eliteslaya I only meant to post the similarities to a riot shield and you helped me. Your back is exposed with a Riot Shield in CoD and you move slow. But this is off topic anyways haha
>
> I don’t meant to say Halo is dead I mean in the competitive scene… especially in MLG it is quite dead

Dude. The Hardlight shield lasts a few seconds, it’s not always mounted on your back while it’s not in use, your turn speed is decreased, and you cannot crouch. What does it have in common with Riot Shields? It protects the carrier from bullet fire, carrier’s movement speed is decreased. That is it. It’s really not very similar, and if you MLG boys want competitive Halo to live on in your community, why take games like Halo 3 off the playlist? Games like Starcraft 1 and Counter-Strike Source are widely played in multiplayer events tot his day despite their age. So why not Halo 3? Because it’s a console shooter and its community is significantly smaller since it’s half a decade old? Who cares!

I don’t recall that often in Halo 2 ever getting betrayed for a Power Weapon or a kid sitting on Sniper Spawn on Coagulation. People had skill and class back then.