I have a Blue coating and allies keep attaking me

I switched my coating to blue and ever since then, I noticed my allies kept attacking me. I have a feeling the outlines might not be enough for defining enemies.

But I do not want to jump to that conclusion just yet. I think it would be a good idea to have bots be different colors. That way, players can be conditioned to the enemy team being different colors other than blue.

IDK what to do with the outlines. Plenty of games have means of differentiating teams without colors AND without outlines. These outlines are surprisingly ineffective. (Also I think they are ugly as hell, lol). I think this needs to be looked at to again.

Personally, I think there needs to be a more noticeable icon above the head. I feel as though if I were to player Halo 1-5 without team colors, I could still differentiate between teams because the arrows are so noticeable. (Besides, I do not get confused between games when I change team colors but I do get confused when I see an ally hologram b/c of the lack of arrow. I truly think a more noticeable arrow or dot is necessity.)

The color coding is not working for me either. I have a moment of doubt every time an engagement begins, because I can’t just see that “this is a bad guy” as easily as the dude just being red.

Lol, i too have been shot at, i chose the purple coating, i also set my friend outline to the brightest green colour, so it is very apparent when it’s enemy or ally. I think a lot of these people might be coming from old red vs blue halo games, i love having my own colours displayed.

ive seen some colors being wrong like i had a mix of green and blue teammates when they should of been dark blue only. and some people are noobs and shoot you thinking your an enemy specially if you are in CAMO.

I honestly havnt had much of an issue at all telling friend vs foe. I honeslty though it would, like a LOT! But surprisingly it feels fine with the friend outline.

Granted i am on a series x with a good 4k tv so maybe thats a factor???

outlines are too feint so can make it hard to identify friend or foe in an inital slighting, ive ran into this too, brightening might be a challenge in making you stand out too much, so maybe closer they get the outline gets a bit thicker to make up for it, the effect at a distance is easier to identify given its more red in in a smaller space

i was going to say all we need is little arrows above team memebers, but i guess that could also mislead people if a team member is behind an enemy and it looks like a friendly for a split second.

They should incorporate a sort of ‘arm band’ that can be the colour of your team.

That way, they can still use the coatings, and players would have a blue or red stripe on the arm for quick identification.

> 2533274810945725;8:
> They should incorporate a sort of ‘arm band’ that can be the colour of your team.
>
> That way, they can still use the coatings, and players would have a blue or red stripe on the arm for quick identification.

Don’t take this personally but that doesn’t sound like a good idea… arm bands are fairly indicative of a certain 20th century pro-genocide European regime, 343i might get media backlash for that. It also might be too small of an indicator for most people.

People use armbands for a lot of things even now, and some are good, some are bad, it’s just the brainwashed people who will immediately assume it HAS to represent hate groups. But the armband i also think would be too small and not noticable, unless it was neon blue and neo red, but that would give people away aswell. I think like the previous posters said it’s mostly just noobs who don’t understand how infinite is different from other Halo’s which had forced team colours.

I can hardly notice the outlines. I find myself relying on my radar to tell who’s friendly which just highlights the failure of this system.

> 2535427359620152;9:
> > 2533274810945725;8:
> > They should incorporate a sort of ‘arm band’ that can be the colour of your team.
> >
> > That way, they can still use the coatings, and players would have a blue or red stripe on the arm for quick identification.
>
> Don’t take this personally but that doesn’t sound like a good idea… arm bands are fairly indicative of a certain 20th century pro-genocide European regime, 343i might get media backlash for that. It also might be too small of an indicator for most people.

Hahah, oh heck, I didn’t think of that!

To be honest, my mind was on the tertiary colour from Halo 3 were there was a stripe on the right arm.

> 2533274810945725;8:
> They should incorporate a sort of ‘arm band’ that can be the colour of your team.
>
> That way, they can still use the coatings, and players would have a blue or red stripe on the arm for quick identification.

Having played for a while with purple friendlies and red enemies I find it pretty easy to spot teammates except when they’re suddenly in my face. Thankfully I dont play gametypes with friendly fire active usually so it wont be much of an issue for me.

I mean idk, I can identify allies pretty easily. You see them through walls as well. The bots only use recruit blue armor also so if your team isnt blue at all its even easier.

But this is more an issue when PvP arrives tbh

It’s weird at first but the confusion goes away. I did not experience this in the preview but I recall the first time ever playing destiny I freaked out over distinguishing friend vs fo but it went away really fast.

I’m getting better at it.

You start to get a sense of where your team-mates are (seeing them through walls) and anyone else is the enemy.