I have a 4 shot BR and 5 shot DMR Gametype

i found a way to get a 4 shot BRb with the DMR remaining a 5 shot ,it feels perfect and plays like Halo should 343i please take this gametype and put it into Multiplayer

And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?

> And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?

what, no? i didnt think so…

> And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?

This is exactly the problem with people suggesting that the BR become a 4-shot kill weapon, they never take into consideration the rest of the loadout weapons. If the BR was buffed, it would become the one weapon to rule them all, and nothing would really be fixed…

The only two loadout weapons that need to be changed are the DMR and Carbine. The former needs a significant nerf to be balanced out within the sandbox, and the latter needs a slight boost to be able to compete with the other precision weapons.

> The only two loadout weapons that need to be changed are the DMR and Carbine. The former needs a significant nerf to be balanced out within the sandbox, and the latter needs a slight boost to be able to compete with the other precision weapons.

BR still needs buffed, but I’m not saying this as a BR fanboy. The Lightrifle is pretty much the same as the past BR’s, the only difference is it requires a fairly easy quickscope trick.

Sounds like the BR is significantly better than the DMR now.

i say make the br a 4 shot but limit the time it take between shots by like.2 or .1.5 sec

> > And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?
>
> This is exactly the problem with people suggesting that the BR become a 4-shot kill weapon, they never take into consideration the rest of the loadout weapons. If the BR was buffed, it would become the one weapon to rule them all, and nothing would really be fixed…
>
> The only two loadout weapons that need to be changed are the DMR and Carbine. The former needs a significant nerf to be balanced out within the sandbox, and the latter needs a slight boost to be able to compete with the other precision weapons.

I’m perfectly fine with BR being the go to weapon

> i found a way to get a 4 shot BRb with the DMR remaining a 5 shot ,it feels perfect and plays like Halo should 343i please take this gametype and put it into Multiplayer

Care to share it with us?

> > > And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?
> >
> > This is exactly the problem with people suggesting that the BR become a 4-shot kill weapon, they never take into consideration the rest of the loadout weapons. If the BR was buffed, it would become the one weapon to rule them all, and nothing would really be fixed…
> >
> > The only two loadout weapons that need to be changed are the DMR and Carbine. The former needs a significant nerf to be balanced out within the sandbox, and the latter needs a slight boost to be able to compete with the other precision weapons.
>
> I’m perfectly fine with BR being the go to weapon

Well, then that’s pretty hypocritical. Having the DMR being a go to weapon is bad, but the BR being a go to weapon is perfectly fine? Yh, makes so much sense.

> > > > And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?
> > >
> > > This is exactly the problem with people suggesting that the BR become a 4-shot kill weapon, they never take into consideration the rest of the loadout weapons. If the BR was buffed, it would become the one weapon to rule them all, and nothing would really be fixed…
> > >
> > > The only two loadout weapons that need to be changed are the DMR and Carbine. The former needs a significant nerf to be balanced out within the sandbox, and the latter needs a slight boost to be able to compete with the other precision weapons.
> >
> > I’m perfectly fine with BR being the go to weapon
>
> Well, then that’s pretty hypocritical. Having the DMR being a go to weapon is bad, but the BR being a go to weapon is perfectly fine? Yh, makes so much sense.

Because the BR takes more skill as there is less bullet magnetism and all three shots have to hit.

Cause the DMR is a cheap noob weapon, the BR takes more skill and so the rest of the precision weapons.

> > And how does the Carbine do? Or the Light Rifle? The Assault Rifle? The Storm Rifle? The Suppressor? Were they buffed? Or worsened? Or the same? Hmmmm?
>
> This is exactly the problem with people suggesting that the BR become a 4-shot kill weapon, they never take into consideration the rest of the loadout weapons. If the BR was buffed, it would become the one weapon to rule them all, and nothing would really be fixed…
>

In some cases those people have ideas how to buff other weapons as well, but if you look into their stats, it shows that they’ve used any other weapon (than BR and DMR) very few times, if ever :wink:

As for Carbine, I use it quite often and while I don’t feel I’m as good with it, as with BR or LR, I’ve seen people who are really good at trigger-mashing and aiming at the same time. If you buff Carbine any more (even by making it 7-shot kill), those people will be just too powerful.

> Sounds like the BR is significantly better than the DMR now.

Aside from, y’know, the fact that the DMR stomps on the BR in range, and the BR is supposed to beat it at medium range anyway?

OT: OP, does the carbine get a buff, and did this turn the Light Rifle into a 3 shot kill or something crazy?

110% Damage

Done.

> > Sounds like the BR is significantly better than the DMR now.
>
> Aside from, y’know, the fact that the DMR stomps on the BR in range, and the BR is supposed to beat it at medium range anyway?
>
> OT: OP, does the carbine get a buff, and did this turn the Light Rifle into a 3 shot kill or something crazy?

This. Changing damage is not a good way to balance. You need to look at the weapon from all sides. Does the BR need a faster rate of fire? More Ammo? Range? Less random spread? Less Recoil? Larger Clip? More flinch? Faster Projectile speed?

DAMAGE IS NOT THE ONLY ASPECT OF A WEAPON AND IT IS USUALLY THE LAST THING YOU TOUCH WHEN BALANCING.

LOUD NOISES!

Sorry I’ll compose myself.

Its not that no one new how to make one. Their are plenty of ways to do it without breaking the rest of the sandbox and most competitive players would love a faster killtime with the BR if they are stuck with it.

The problem is that unless you buff the damage drastically(which breaks the rest of the sandbox), a 4 shot BR is a complete coin toss at any decent range whatsoever.

The spread destroys any chance of a consistent 4 shot being implemented. You know what does work well as a 4 shot? The Light Rifle as its spread is so minimal it is a non-factor. The future is Orange and I really need to try out the Orange settings they are working on at THC.

> Cause the DMR is a cheap noob weapon, the BR takes more skill and so the rest of the precision weapons.

This all over the kids faces.

Put it in your File Share!

The issue isn’t the DMR vs BR. The issue is DMR vs the rest of the sandbox. You can’t fix it by buffing the BR, as this upsets the balance even further. The DMR needs less aim assist and bullet magnetism. Simple as that.