I hate to be "that guy" but..

I honestly do hate to be “that guy” but seriously all I’ve wanted to do is play a game of extermination and I have to put up with Champion and ONYX Ranks game after game after game… It’s unplayable, the randoms I play with get shredded and there’s 0 point fighting it out for the time to let them respawn because they’re just gonna get shredded again. A game shouldn’t last 3 minutes and end 5-0. I can’t finish my commendations in Breakout because I match against people well above my skill, and I thought about using “social” as my ticket to finishing it and since I’ve started that I’ve had game after game of 5-0 because I’m versing a team that’s in all fairness impossible to beat. It’s like a 5 year old stepping into a boxing ring with Maywether, it doesn’t matter how many times you run the match it’s only going to end them same way.

I thoroughly appreciate the updates that you guys at 343i work at tirelessly to bring us, I just can’t play a game that makes me feel like -Yoink- and worthless because I’m the 5 year old in the ring.

I wouldnt imagine that breakout is a very heavily populated playlist. This may just be happening because of that.

> 2533274816299345;2:
> I wouldnt imagine that breakout is a very heavily populated playlist. This may just be happening because of that.

Fair enough, I’ll accept that! Doesn’t excuse the fact that Extermination is primarily a Slayer based game mode therefor it should match you based off of your Slayer Rank, not just go ah well there’s a group of Champion Ranks searching together and a group of Silvers let’s put them together and see what happens, you know what I mean?

> 2535445608274502;1:
> I honestly do hate to be “that guy” but seriously all I’ve wanted to do is play a game of extermination and I have to put up with Champion and ONYX Ranks game after game after game… It’s unplayable, the randoms I play with get shredded and there’s 0 point fighting it out for the time to let them respawn because they’re just gonna get shredded again. A game shouldn’t last 3 minutes and end 5-0. I can’t finish my commendations in Breakout because I match against people well above my skill, and I thought about using “social” as my ticket to finishing it and since I’ve started that I’ve had game after game of 5-0 because I’m versing a team that’s in all fairness impossible to beat. It’s like a 5 year old stepping into a boxing ring with Maywether, it doesn’t matter how many times you run the match it’s only going to end them same way.
>
> I thoroughly appreciate the updates that you guys at 343i work at tirelessly to bring us, I just can’t play a game that makes me feel like -Yoink- and worthless because I’m the 5 year old in the ring.

I agree, there is something “off” about social playlists. At least in arena you get a rank and get ranked up against people of your skill level. For that reason I don’t play social playlists.

A while back during Halo 2 BR playlist I got absolutely shredded by the other team. We only had one “good” player but he started yelling at me and the other two guys for being so bad. Because of that we started playing even worse. Later I found out that the opposite team were diamond, onyx and champion players and I’m gold at normal slayer. Why the hell would this game match me up against onyx kinda players???

> 2535445608274502;1:
> I honestly do hate to be “that guy” but seriously all I’ve wanted to do is play a game of extermination and I have to put up with Champion and ONYX Ranks game after game after game… It’s unplayable, the randoms I play with get shredded and there’s 0 point fighting it out for the time to let them respawn because they’re just gonna get shredded again. A game shouldn’t last 3 minutes and end 5-0. I can’t finish my commendations in Breakout because I match against people well above my skill, and I thought about using “social” as my ticket to finishing it and since I’ve started that I’ve had game after game of 5-0 because I’m versing a team that’s in all fairness impossible to beat. It’s like a 5 year old stepping into a boxing ring with Maywether, it doesn’t matter how many times you run the match it’s only going to end them same way.
>
> I thoroughly appreciate the updates that you guys at 343i work at tirelessly to bring us, I just can’t play a game that makes me feel like -Yoink- and worthless because I’m the 5 year old in the ring.

That’s Arena for you. It’s best if you make a team.

The few Suspects:

1. Low population (and it’s a rotational playlist which people have said they disliked 343 doing), so there’s less people to matchmaker around you.

2. Even if it’s “social” they still have such loose parameters. Honestly this can go both ways. I’ve seen people complain of social being to sweaty and close games and I’ve seen people mention absolute blow outs.

3. Could just be your luck

i played a few games with a pre-made group and we won everything either 5-0 or 4-1. The team is a mix of onyx to platinum players too.

Also in Social Slayer the matching parameters are looser. I think it is something like Ranked maxes out at two tiers and Social four. Search Focused and it might go better. Plus if you don’t get matched within 40sec back out and start again. After then is when the parameters open up.

I played a couple yesterday and had some fairly even matches.

I’ve only played one game and the entire enemy team quit.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> The few Suspects:
>
> 1. Low population (and it’s a rotational playlist which people have said they disliked 343 doing), so there’s less people to matchmaker around you.
>
> 2. Even if it’s “social” they still have such loose parameters. Honestly this can go both ways. I’ve seen people complain of social being to sweaty and close games and I’ve seen people mention absolute blow outs.
>
> 3. Could just be your luck
>
> i played a few games with a pre-made group and we won everything either 5-0 or 4-1. The team is a mix of onyx to platinum players too.

I like this explanation, thankyou for your reply :slight_smile:

I also play by myself for the most part.
You can’t really expect to win against organized teams.
I’ve gotten used to it by now.

> 2533274801845525;10:
> I also play by myself for the most part.
> You can’t really expect to win against organized teams.
> I’ve gotten used to it by now.

I never ever want to get used to that! Solo cue vs Team shouldn’t even exist. It should be Team vs Team. End of story!!

i haven’t had any issues with the exterminiation playlist. I have had all three happen. Some games are blowouts one way or another and others are tight every single round. I am a low to mid plat player.

> 2533274920070188;4:
> > 2535445608274502;1:
> > I honestly do hate to be “that guy” but seriously all I’ve wanted to do is play a game of extermination and I have to put up with Champion and ONYX Ranks game after game after game… It’s unplayable, the randoms I play with get shredded and there’s 0 point fighting it out for the time to let them respawn because they’re just gonna get shredded again. A game shouldn’t last 3 minutes and end 5-0. I can’t finish my commendations in Breakout because I match against people well above my skill, and I thought about using “social” as my ticket to finishing it and since I’ve started that I’ve had game after game of 5-0 because I’m versing a team that’s in all fairness impossible to beat. It’s like a 5 year old stepping into a boxing ring with Maywether, it doesn’t matter how many times you run the match it’s only going to end them same way.
> >
> > I thoroughly appreciate the updates that you guys at 343i work at tirelessly to bring us, I just can’t play a game that makes me feel like -Yoink- and worthless because I’m the 5 year old in the ring.
>
> I agree, there is something “off” about social playlists. At least in arena you get a rank and get ranked up against people of your skill level. For that reason I don’t play social playlists.
>
> A while back during Halo 2 BR playlist I got absolutely shredded by the other team. We only had one “good” player but he started yelling at me and the other two guys for being so bad. Because of that we started playing even worse. Later I found out that the opposite team were diamond, onyx and champion players and I’m gold at normal slayer. Why the hell would this game match me up against onyx kinda players???

I mean, that’s what the search prefrence is supposed to be for, but I think we can all agree that it’s useless. If you play slayer, etc just warm up in social and play arena. As a mainly Infection player, I couldn’t care less but it’s weird. (Why you play FFA: if there’s a noob, it can only work for you, not against)

> 2535445608274502;1:
>

You are not being “that guy”, Halo 5’s match making system is broken and 343 isn’t working tirelessly to give us updates because all of the updates we’ve been getting are things that should have been in the game at launch and reqs no one wants. Please, say what you think is wrong with the game because we need to let 343 know that we aren’t ok with micro transactions and one fourth of a game at launch.