I hate plasma grenades now.

Been using them all morning and the only kill I’ve managed to get with them is one that happened to bounce off a wall and onto someone. I even had a ghost come charging at me, thinking it was an easy kill I aimed low and threw. Went sailing right over the top of it. Is there a reason they throw them like a damn softball now?

I’ve been having problems with them as well, I put them in to my loadout thinking that it would be a good way for me to pick up some grenade kills because let’s face it; frags are a bit too unpredictable. I like to stick it right to 'em.

But… nope. I’ve had so many of my stickies go flying directly through or over top of enemies heads at close-mid range battles. I can’t seem to get them to stick to anything. Like you I’ve tried to stick multiple ghosts coming at me and they seem to just either fly over top or somehow reflect off them. :confused: I don’t know, maybe I just need to practice up with them a bit more but overall it just doesn’t quite feel right.

Really, it’s one of my only gripes so far with the game and its not a huge deal to me. Just wish I knew what was going wrong with them. :slight_smile:

I think this is one of those things that just comes down to practice.

Yes, there has been a change in the throwing arc of grenades and, initially, I found myself throwing them over enemies as well. Now though, I’ve adjusted and find I can tag enemies with little problem. Just keep at it.

I’m no plasma grenadier. I stick to my good ol’ frags 'nades.

I don’t know if it’s just my connection, but has anyone noticed their not as “sticky” as they used to be? I’ve had them bounce right off of vehicles on occasion, kind of defeats the purpose of a sticky grenade, no?

They sound rubbish, hardly do any damage to vehicles, so the risk and reward element of playing chicken with Hogs and Ghosts has gone, and they don’t make a noise any more when they stick to something. Boo!

I wish they would just take them out of loadout options, and buff them.

> I don’t know if it’s just my connection, but has anyone noticed their not as “sticky” as they used to be? I’ve had them bounce right off of vehicles on occasion, kind of defeats the purpose of a sticky grenade, no?

Well, it’s always be the case that plasma grenades don’t stick to everything. However, maybe due to the implementation of the grenades in the new game engine, the angle at which a sticky hits an object also has more affect on whether it will stick to it or not.

shrugs

Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine, unless someone from 343i decides to comment…

The sticky’s aren’t weaker, the vehicles are simply sturdier. And also, base movement speed is faster thus making it more difficult to stick people. You not only have to lead your target to a degree, but you also have to adapt to the new grenade arc at which they are thrown. as some one said before, it simply comes down to practice.

i hate all grenades full stop plasma’s moreso i remember in a team duals game on halo 3, so close to a rampage and perfection then killed by a sticky spammer >.<