I Hate Infection Being Treated As 'Competetive'

Infection is supposed to be casual. I want to hop on and play a few matches before doing something else.
I may want to leave a match early, since I’m not having too much fun… you’d think we’d able to just to do that with no problem, right?
Nope.
I don’t understand what 343i was thinking when putting bans in effect for quitting Infection. Infection is supposed to be a more casual experience. Also, the fact that it counts on your W/L is annoying as well. You must get 1st place in order to win a match. WHAT?! I mean, it surely isn’t impossible, but coming in 2nd or 3rd, you’d think it’d count as a win… Defeat.
I find this extremely irritating (still not as irritating as REQs, but I could write an essay on that), and I hope that 343i makes it so that the W/L stats do not count for Infected and that they remove the rule for banning those who leave Infection early.

Come on, 343i, not everything is competitive, so don’t treat all modes as such.

• Gamerpro985609 (Ironic name, considering I am too rusty now)

Edit:
I don’t care about how many people have said it prior to me (as I am pretty sure others have), I just want to get the point across.

I’ve gotten a victory by finishing close to last.

Infection is both competitive and causal. You don’t have a hidden ranking system, but your stats are affected in infection.

> 2533274881086487;2:
> I’ve gotten a victory by finishing close to last.

Looking further into my previous games, so have I… that is really odd.
Maybe surviving on the last round can secure a victory? Not too sure.

> 2533274853641752;3:
> Infection is both competitive and causal. You don’t have a hidden ranking system, but your stats are affected in infection.

I see it leaning more towards competitive.
If they make it so it doesn’t ‘infect’ (had to) your W/L, that’d be fantastic, along with removing the ban rule for quitting.

(I hate myself for that pun, but at the same time I love the puns)

> 2533274863939303;5:
> > 2533274853641752;3:
> > Infection is both competitive and causal. You don’t have a hidden ranking system, but your stats are affected in infection.
>
>
> I see it leaning more towards competitive.
> If they make it so it doesn’t ‘infect’ (had to) your W/L, that’d be fantastic, along with removing the ban rule for quitting.
>
> (I hate myself for that pun, but at the same time I love the puns)

I’d like to see W/L and K/D tracking both removed from social playlists, or at least made separate from competitive.

Hell, even the Firefight Beta tracked PVP wins and losses for a PVE CO OP gamemode! Why?!

Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.

I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.

It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.

> 2533274806711091;7:
> Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
>
> I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.
>
> It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.

You kinda ruin the game by quitting whether you see it that way or not. If you are alpha an quit now you just screwed the other alpha. Even being refuser infected if you quit you give the survivors the upper hand by having one less zombie

> 2533274806711091;7:
> Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
>
> I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.
>
> It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.

> 2533274881086487;8:
> > 2533274806711091;7:
> > Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
> >
> > I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.
> >
> > It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.
>
>
> You kinda ruin the game by quitting whether you see it that way or not. If you are alpha an quit now you just screwed the other alpha. Even being refuser infected if you quit you give the survivors the upper hand by having one less zombie

I usually quit when I have played a lot and just want to get off, and I don’t care who I benefit, I mean, it’s Infected, I would if I had to quit a competitive match for some reason.

Also, another thing that’d be fantastic for Infected, JIP (only for the first minute, wow, the rounds in infection are f***ing short)
I feel like rounds should be longer, and that there should be more rounds or even some more players. I don’t think I have ever played Infection where survivors winning was so common. It’s honestly stupid.

There are a lot of things wrong with H5 Infected, but 343i probably won’t fix it.

> 2533274863939303;9:
> > 2533274806711091;7:
> > Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
> >
> >
> > It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274881086487;8:
> > > 2533274806711091;7:
> > > Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
> > >
> > > I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.
> > >
> > > It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.
> >
> >
> > You kinda ruin the game by quitting whether you see it that way or not. If you are alpha an quit now you just screwed the other alpha. Even being refuser infected if you quit you give the survivors the upper hand by having one less zombie
>
>
> I usually quit when I have played a lot and just want to get off, and I don’t care who I benefit, I mean, it’s Infected, I would if I had to quit a competitive match for some reason.
>
> Also, another thing that’d be fantastic for Infected, JIP (only for the first minute, wow, the rounds in infection are f***ing short)
> I feel like rounds should be longer, and that there should be more rounds or even some more players. I don’t think I have ever played Infection where survivors winning was so common. It’s honestly stupid.
>
> There are a lot of things wrong with H5 Infected, but 343i probably won’t fix it.

infected games last not even ten minutes, if you played for so long dont start another game, its that simple. If you did start one they are short enough that you can finish it and nothing would be different.

My problem with Infection is that SO many people try to find exploits on the maps to easily survive the Infected.
Even better - all these guys I’ve encountered were high levels. Shame on them.

> 2533274863939303;9:
> > 2533274806711091;7:
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274881086487;8:
> > > 2533274806711091;7:
> > > Tl;dr: I want to quit out without being penalised when I’m a zombie because I don’t like being a zombie.
> > >
> > > I’m literally reporting players every game in infection for quitting.
> > >
> > > It’s really annoying as a zombie to try and get kills and die a lot, only for other zombies to quit out.
> >
> >
> > You kinda ruin the game by quitting whether you see it that way or not. If you are alpha an quit now you just screwed the other alpha. Even being refuser infected if you quit you give the survivors the upper hand by having one less zombie
>
>
> I usually quit when I have played a lot and just want to get off, and I don’t care who I benefit, I mean, it’s Infected, I would if I had to quit a competitive match for some reason.
>
> Also, another thing that’d be fantastic for Infected, JIP (only for the first minute, wow, the rounds in infection are f***ing short)
> I feel like rounds should be longer, and that there should be more rounds or even some more players. I don’t think I have ever played Infection where survivors winning was so common. It’s honestly stupid.
>
> There are a lot of things wrong with H5 Infected, but 343i probably won’t fix it.

I don’t know what version you’re playing, but when I play, zombies almost always win. I think it depends on skill in the lobby. I usually queue up infection with a full group of my company, and when the Alpha zombies are good players who get a good start then it’s pretty hard to survive.

I don’t think you’re going to get any support for taking out bans for infection or any social game. Leaving is frustrating to everyone who is staying. Period. That being said, I had a friend who got booted from infection yesterday because he accidentally killed himself 3 times falling off the map. He got an hour long ban too. I think that’s just ridiculous! FFA does the same thing. I don’t get that because I don’t see who you are hurting but yourself, but I suppose it’s a pretty minor and uncommon issue and doesn’t necessitate a patch.

So you want to be able to quit when the game isn’t going your way is what you mean… sorry I have no sympathy for admitted quitters… you guys deserve longer bans IMO… quitting is just out of hand now a days.

It doesn’t feel so competitive, it just feels like I’m having fun, try to best my personal score playing infection. And it’s a funny game.

I think the quit penalties should only apply to ranked arena games. ALL social including warzone should have JIP and no quit penalties. Halo 5 doesn’t allow for what OP is talking about or even real life. You can’t even go answer the door without getting kicked and penalized. Adults with real lives can’t always be 100% sure they are going to have 10 minutes completely free of interruptions. Make ranked arena bans harsh, and eliminate bans from the other lists.

> 2535468812026872;15:
> I think the quit penalties should only apply to ranked arena games. ALL social including warzone should have JIP and no quit penalties. Halo 5 doesn’t allow for what OP is talking about or even real life. You can’t even go answer the door without getting kicked and penalized. Adults with real lives can’t always be 100% sure they are going to have 10 minutes completely free of interruptions. Make ranked arena bans harsh, and eliminate bans from the other lists.

That’s funny because I have answered my door and didn’t get kicked… it’s quite simple be more of an adult and don’t start a game if you cant finish it. It’s sad how people think social should mean you should be able to quit how ever much you want… so basically when you see you are about to lose or are having a bad game you can simply quit…sad…

> 2533274816788253;16:
> > 2535468812026872;15:
> > I think the quit penalties should only apply to ranked arena games. ALL social including warzone should have JIP and no quit penalties. Halo 5 doesn’t allow for what OP is talking about or even real life. You can’t even go answer the door without getting kicked and penalized. Adults with real lives can’t always be 100% sure they are going to have 10 minutes completely free of interruptions. Make ranked arena bans harsh, and eliminate bans from the other lists.
>
>
> That’s funny because I have answered my door and didn’t get kicked… it’s quite simple be more of an adult and don’t start a game if you cant finish it. It’s sad how people think social should mean you should be able to quit how ever much you want… so basically when you see you are about to lose or are having a bad game you can simply quit…sad…

That’s easy when you don’t have a wife, children, a dog that needs to go out, mailman delivering things, etc. You get what about 2 minutes before it kicks you? I’ve got about 500 hours in Halo 5 and love it, but if I know my game session might be sketchy as far as interruptions, I’m better off playing something like BF4. No bans. Halo 5 absolutely needs a mode where people can play AND quit for WHATEVER reason. Other games have it. Bans only drive people to those games.

Infection is supposed to be a chill gametype.

> 2535468812026872;17:
> > 2533274816788253;16:
> > > 2535468812026872;15:
> > > I think the quit penalties should only apply to ranked arena games. ALL social including warzone should have JIP and no quit penalties. Halo 5 doesn’t allow for what OP is talking about or even real life. You can’t even go answer the door without getting kicked and penalized. Adults with real lives can’t always be 100% sure they are going to have 10 minutes completely free of interruptions. Make ranked arena bans harsh, and eliminate bans from the other lists.
> >
> >
> > That’s funny because I have answered my door and didn’t get kicked… it’s quite simple be more of an adult and don’t start a game if you cant finish it. It’s sad how people think social should mean you should be able to quit how ever much you want… so basically when you see you are about to lose or are having a bad game you can simply quit…sad…
>
>
> That’s easy when you don’t have a wife, children, a dog that needs to go out, mailman delivering things, etc. You get what about 2 minutes before it kicks you? I’ve got about 500 hours in Halo 5 and love it, but if I know my game session might be sketchy as far as interruptions, I’m better off playing something like BF4. No bans. Halo 5 absolutely needs a mode where people can play AND quit for WHATEVER reason. Other games have it. Bans only drive people to those games.

All that is just excuses … at the end of the day the real reason people want to quit is because the game isn’t going their way.

> 2533274816788253;19:
> > 2535468812026872;17:
> > > 2533274816788253;16:
> > > > 2535468812026872;15:
> > > > I think the quit penalties should only apply to ranked arena games. ALL social including warzone should have JIP and no quit penalties. Halo 5 doesn’t allow for what OP is talking about or even real life. You can’t even go answer the door without getting kicked and penalized. Adults with real lives can’t always be 100% sure they are going to have 10 minutes completely free of interruptions. Make ranked arena bans harsh, and eliminate bans from the other lists.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s funny because I have answered my door and didn’t get kicked… it’s quite simple be more of an adult and don’t start a game if you cant finish it. It’s sad how people think social should mean you should be able to quit how ever much you want… so basically when you see you are about to lose or are having a bad game you can simply quit…sad…
> >
> >
> > That’s easy when you don’t have a wife, children, a dog that needs to go out, mailman delivering things, etc. You get what about 2 minutes before it kicks you? I’ve got about 500 hours in Halo 5 and love it, but if I know my game session might be sketchy as far as interruptions, I’m better off playing something like BF4. No bans. Halo 5 absolutely needs a mode where people can play AND quit for WHATEVER reason. Other games have it. Bans only drive people to those games.
>
>
> All that is just excuses … at the end of the day the real reason people want to quit is because the game isn’t going their way.

So what if it is? Make stiff penalties in ranked, and any JIP mode should have no bans.