I guess this is it.

First off I don’t care if you say “Go on then, no one will miss you”. So don’t be an idiot and say it because I plan to any way.
Secondly, Mods if you lock this because it is “anti-Halo 4” you should be removed from your positions.
And lastly, these are all my opinions.

I have loved and cherished Halo for years now. No one can question that. I have been a fan through it all. Yes, I’ve had my problems with the series, but I still played it unquestioningly because I enjoyed it, This series introduced me to the console.
Reach was hard for me because I liked it but some of the flaws were over-powering but I still play it. I played Halo 2 and 3 and loved those, but those days are gone now. Now we have this elephant in the room, Halo 4.
I wanted to love the game, and I was so excited. But this was all dashed against the wall at E3. The gameplay just doesn’t feel Halo. And don’t pull the “natural evolution” card because it doesn’t work. Halo was always about every one starting equal in every way except skill. That’s what killed Reach for so many, was the armor abilities. Forge looks alright but nothing stunned me like in Reach. It looks more like a Reach TU than a new system. The re-removal of dual weapons and reimplementation of vehicle health was a disappointment. That coupled with low default speed and low jump height was a killer for me.
So in short I have to leave this game that I loved because 343 has tried to appeal to another audience. I respect that but in the end it makes no difference. So thank you for Halo, and thank you community.

See you starside.

This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.

Ah well, the past is done. Good memories. And good times :slight_smile:

I’ll miss you, Halo! :’)

I’ve heard of melodramatic but this is ridiculous.

Many people have loved and charished halo since day 1. Myself included. “gameplay doesn’t feel halo” While this is your opinion i would like to point out that most of MLG and the community who has played halo 4 so far have said it feels like halo.

I can agree that it looks different then halo, and that even some ideas sound outlandish. But i would think a true halo fan would still try it out. Many things in halo 4 are much better then reach and if you stuck around for reach id imagine you could stick with halo 4 much easier. I would like to believe the main reason halo reach “failed” was due to slugish gameplay combined with how a “noob” could put himself on equal terms with a skilled player on most situations. But I guess ill be the first to say thanks for sticking with the series as long as you did. We aprecaite your feedback and contribution to the series. Have many good adventures sir.

> I’ve heard of melodramatic but this is ridiculous.

Perhaps, but when you put as much time into as this it can mean a lot to you. This game was one defining part of my childhood. So you’re entitled to your opinions but wouldn’t you rather see this than a raging twelve year old?

> No one can question that.

I’m questioning that.

> This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.

343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.

Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.

Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.

> > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
>
> 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
>
> Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
>
> Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.

Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.

Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.

> ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.

Are you saying what I think you are? That Halo 3’s equipment didn’t affect gameplay? snorts Not sure what game you played.

I’ve got over a dozen friends over on the Roosterteeth forums who were at RTX and played Halo 4, I’ve heard from someone who played it for over 4 hours. Every one of them said that it played and felt like Halo, and the Infinity gametypes were very enjoyable. They’ve done nothing but good things with the story (especially by interweaving the novels with the games properly), and Spartan Ops is one of the most ambitious undertakings in FPS history, Forge looks great and Theatre is returning.

I am going to be ‘that guy’ and say that you won’t be missed. You’ll be missing out on what’s shaping up to be a great Halo game.

> > > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
> >
> > 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
> >
> > Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
> >
> > Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.
>
> Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.
>
> Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.

Equipment didn’t effect halo 3 gameplay? I’m sorry but i literally almost laughed out loud. Apperantly you either played a different halo 3 then me or you never read the bungie forums when equipment was introduced. It was HATED, almost as much if not more then AA’s. People over react.

> > > > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
> > >
> > > 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
> > >
> > > Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
> > >
> > > Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.
> >
> > Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.
> >
> > Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.
>
> Equipment didn’t effect halo 3 gameplay? I’m sorry but i literally almost laughed out loud. Apperantly you either played a different halo 3 then me or you never read the bungie forums when equipment was introduced. It was HATED, almost as much if not more then AA’s. People over react.

Certain Equipment was hated (Regenerator). And most couldn’t nearly affect gameplay as much as AA’s could.

What effects gameplay more: Invisibility at will, unlimited use, or a one-time Flare that only affect a small portion of the map? hmmmm… Tough one.

It’s a saddening feeling, I wish that 343 would’ve taken a hint at all the threads that have been posted on their forums.

> > > > > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
> > > >
> > > > 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
> > > >
> > > > Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
> > > >
> > > > Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.
> > >
> > > Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.
> > >
> > > Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.
> >
> > Equipment didn’t effect halo 3 gameplay? I’m sorry but i literally almost laughed out loud. Apperantly you either played a different halo 3 then me or you never read the bungie forums when equipment was introduced. It was HATED, almost as much if not more then AA’s. People over react.
>
> Certain Equipment was hated (Regenerator). And most couldn’t nearly affect gameplay as much as AA’s could.
>
> What effects gameplay more: Invisibility at will, unlimited use, or a one-time Flare that only affect a small portion of the map? hmmmm… Tough one.

We are currently talking about equipment in halo 3 and how it affected gameplay not how much worse AA’s are compared to them. If you walk the walk your talking about you would realize those “small” moments could change the whole direction the game was heading IF used in the right spot at the right time. So yes equipment effected gameplay GREATLY and denying this otherwise would make you a fool.

Further more We both have agreed that equipment is not as bad as AA’s yet you have already told me That AA’s could stay but we boot loadouts. I don’t understand why your ok with a worse feature staying If you want a game to be more competitive.

> It’s a saddening feeling, I wish that 343 would’ve taken a hint at all the threads that have been posted on their forums.

So, what you’re saying is that they would take a U-turn in development after three years of work?

Seems reasonable.

> First off I don’t care if you say “Go on then, no one will miss you”. So don’t be an idiot and say it because I plan to any way.
> Secondly, Mods if you lock this because it is “anti-Halo 4” you should be removed from your positions.
> And lastly, these are all my opinions.
>
> I have loved and cherished Halo for years now. No one can question that. I have been a fan through it all. Yes, I’ve had my problems with the series, but I still played it unquestioningly because I enjoyed it, This series introduced me to the console.
> Reach was hard for me because I liked it but some of the flaws were over-powering but I still play it. I played Halo 2 and 3 and loved those, but those days are gone now. Now we have this elephant in the room, Halo 4.
> I wanted to love the game, and I was so excited. But this was all dashed against the wall at E3. The gameplay just doesn’t feel Halo. And don’t pull the “natural evolution” card because it doesn’t work. Halo was always about every one starting equal in every way except skill. That’s what killed Reach for so many, was the armor abilities. Forge looks alright but nothing stunned me like in Reach. It looks more like a Reach TU than a new system. The re-removal of dual weapons and reimplementation of vehicle health was a disappointment. **<mark>That coupled with low default speed and low jump height was a killer for me</mark>.**So in short I have to leave this game that I loved because 343 has tried to appeal to another audience. I respect that but in the end it makes no difference. So thank you for Halo, and thank you community.
>
> See you starside.

You do realize this is the Halo 4 forum right?

> > > > > > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
> > > > >
> > > > > 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
> > > > >
> > > > > Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
> > > > >
> > > > > Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.
> > > >
> > > > Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.
> > > >
> > > > Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.
> > >
> > > Equipment didn’t effect halo 3 gameplay? I’m sorry but i literally almost laughed out loud. Apperantly you either played a different halo 3 then me or you never read the bungie forums when equipment was introduced. It was HATED, almost as much if not more then AA’s. People over react.
> >
> > Certain Equipment was hated (Regenerator). And most couldn’t nearly affect gameplay as much as AA’s could.
> >
> > What effects gameplay more: Invisibility at will, unlimited use, or a one-time Flare that only affect a small portion of the map? hmmmm… Tough one.
>
> We are currently talking about equipment in halo 3 and how it affected gameplay not how much worse AA’s are compared to them. If you walk the walk your talking about you would realize those “small” moments could change the whole direction the game was heading IF used in the right spot at the right time. So yes equipment effected gameplay GREATLY and denying this otherwise would make you a fool.
>
> Further more We both have agreed that equipment is not as bad as AA’s yet you have already told me That AA’s could stay but we boot loadouts. I don’t understand why your ok with a worse feature staying If you want a game to be more competitive.

Its called compromise. Something 343 has forgotten.

You haven’t even played Halo 4, I don’t care what you say if you haven’t played the full game yet. Things sound bad written on paper, but you’d never know. :L

> > > > > > > This is the route many will be forced to take, and its a shame. I only hope that 343 will learn from this and makes Halo 5 better. I’ve already pretty much given up hope on Halo 4.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 343 doesn’t really need to learn anything. They have already known from halo reach what people like what works in competitive etc.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Just because they choose to stick with things from reach like AA’s doesn’t mean they arn’t aware of what the community likes. They would rather improve upon ideas or make broken ones better and take a step in a new direction. Instead of sticking with the basics and pushing something out weve already had for years.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Granted this new way of halo could fail. But id rather have 343 try to be different and go down in flames then be another franchise that burns out dimly because they never explored outside the box.
> > > > >
> > > > > Or they could just do what Halo 3 did. Keep it relatively the same, keep it Competitive, but ADD things like equipment that DON’T affect gameplay, but still “Spice things up”.
> > > > >
> > > > > Here’s a thought: keep AA’s, ditch Loadouts. Tada! Its different, but it still promotes skill and map movement.
> > > >
> > > > Equipment didn’t effect halo 3 gameplay? I’m sorry but i literally almost laughed out loud. Apperantly you either played a different halo 3 then me or you never read the bungie forums when equipment was introduced. It was HATED, almost as much if not more then AA’s. People over react.
> > >
> > > Certain Equipment was hated (Regenerator). And most couldn’t nearly affect gameplay as much as AA’s could.
> > >
> > > What effects gameplay more: Invisibility at will, unlimited use, or a one-time Flare that only affect a small portion of the map? hmmmm… Tough one.
> >
> > We are currently talking about equipment in halo 3 and how it affected gameplay not how much worse AA’s are compared to them. If you walk the walk your talking about you would realize those “small” moments could change the whole direction the game was heading IF used in the right spot at the right time. So yes equipment effected gameplay GREATLY and denying this otherwise would make you a fool.
> >
> > Further more We both have agreed that equipment is not as bad as AA’s yet you have already told me That AA’s could stay but we boot loadouts. I don’t understand why your ok with a worse feature staying If you want a game to be more competitive.
>
> Its called compromise. Something 343 has forgotten.

No. Just because it is not the “compromise” you wanted doesn’t mean they haven’t. Ex of adding classic playlists to halo 4. They don’t feel that halo 4 NEEDS them. But they added them anyway because its what the community asked for. They even went to MLG for competitive advice when they already had said before they felt confident in what they have been working on and they feel that it is halo still. they went to MLG to please the competitive community again compromise. They are already talking about nerfing PV and scattershot because MLG asked it. They do plenty of “compromising” Again just because halo isn’t turning into your halo doesn’t mean 343 is doing wrong.

sigh I just wish this community would stop with the melodramatic -Yoink- that Halo 4 has ruined some great legacy or some crap like that. It’s a videogame! A videogame that caters to ALL audiences as best as a game can. If you don’t like the new features don’t play the new features! Play the classic or barebones settings, no one’s forcing you to play with ordinance drops or even loadouts, so don’t play them if you don’t like them!

To give up on a game just because it has options you don’t like is extremely immature.