I got banned for being disconnected from matches.

The title says it all. I got banned because my wifi kept cutting out. Can someone explain to me how having buggy wifi equals a ban? I can understand a temp ban if you leave matcges as you are about to lose, but for being disconnected from a game, which is completely out of your control seems really unreasonable. Can the game really not tell the difference between leaving and being disconnected!?

Well, as far as I know, the game can’t tell the difference between bad internet and a habitual quitter. Both look the same from the outside. And if it could, and wouldn’t ban someone who has spotty internet, then it would just be abused. So bad internet or habitual quitter, you’ll get banned for both regardless.

Feel free to use the ban thread linked below.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> Well, as far as I know, the game can’t tell the difference between bad internet and a habitual quitter. Both look the same from the outside. And if it could, and wouldn’t ban someone who has spotty internet, then it would just be abused. So bad internet or habitual quitter, you’ll get banned for both regardless.

It can tell the difference between a quit and a disconnect, just not between a spotty connection and someone pulling an ethernet cord or otherwise intentionally disrupting the connection.