I got a Million Questions about Offline Support.

Serious questions here. I’ve very late to the party of knowing that offline LAN isn’t supported on Xbox One. So without LAN or splitscreen on Halo 5, what would people even be able to do offline? Just Campaign? Would we even be able to Forge? (I heard you can’t even forge offline in MCC.)

How will tournaments even work and be fair if every shot and kill is sent through the internet and back while the people you’re playing with are in the same room as you?

This online only poison scares me for Halo’s future. I can 1v1 my buddy on the original dead xbox and the terminally ill 360, but in 10 or whatever years from now when the One gets it’s “plug” pulled, wouldn’t that make Halo 5 and 6 multiplayer impossible to play? Even archive? What about all the forge maps we will be building? Will they disappear into the tomb of a dead server? If I live to be 100, and I want to play the long dead Halo multiplayer with my great grand kids, will it only be Halo CE to Halo 4 on Xbox 360 and older?

I’m not sure, how tournaments or attempting to play offline will work. I don’t think we have any info on forge and how it will work.

Damn man. That made me depressed. And the sad part is, you’re right.

Welcome to the future!!

I’ve been saying this ever since they announced the removal of splitscreen. Requiring Xbox Live gold for any and all multiplayer in Halo 5 is a disgusting precedent for the Halo series. You have to pay a subscription to Microsoft in order to 1v1 your friend in the same room as you(assuming you have all the necessary hardware to even do so)

> 2533274994900658;3:
> Damn man. That made me depressed. And the sad part is, you’re right.

No. Don’t tell me that I’m right. No… Nooooo!!!

I’m also sad about this but it’s 10 years from now. A lot can change until this happens and there’s also the possibility of Halo 5 anniversary.

I’m still baffled by the tournament scene being reliant on an online connection. Fracking silly.

Meh, I do not want to sound rude, but these are necessary sacrifices. And if 343 Industries did these “horrible changes,” is because they needed to create Halo 5: Guardians as a perfect/very-good Halo game.

I don’t know … I hope there’s plenty of offline support.

As long as 20 years from now, I can fire up my old Xbox One and play all the Halo campaigns, that’d be cool. I doubt there’s going to be that much matchmaking going on. And who knows, maybe they’ll have emulators then that can run Halo 5 like they do today with old SNES games on PC.

That’s how we’ll finally get Halo back on PC. lol

I seem to remember their solution to local tournaments will be local serverboxes (essentially creating a mini, local xbox live I guess). Still doesn’t help the whole wanting to 1v1 your friend. Hopefully the dedicated servers are good.

> 2533274795204542;1:
> in 10 or whatever years from now when the One gets it’s “plug” pulled, wouldn’t that make Halo 5 and 6 multiplayer impossible to play? Even archive? What about all the forge maps we will be building? Will they disappear into the tomb of a dead server? If I live to be 100, and I want to play the long dead Halo multiplayer with my great grand kids, will it only be Halo CE to Halo 4 on Xbox 360 and older?

Of course not, simply buy “Halo: The Complete* Master Chief Saga” for the Xbox Cloud!

In all seriousness, I don’t understand why this wasn’t a bigger point of contention among the community. Anything which is shackled to an online service with no such crack or workaround has its days inherently numbered. Maybe it’s an attitude reflecting that longevity is no longer a virtue possessed by today’s industry.

if i’m right, and i’m probably not, the gameplay we have seen from E3 and gamescom of H5 was done by LAN by -Yoink!- “tricking” the consoles into thinking they’re connecting to XBL, probably with a microserver running all the server side stuff that H5 connects to but it only has to handle like 24 players from a warzone match and 8 from an arena match.
true the lack of split screen or LAN means your IRL friends and you can’t play without XBL but lets be honest the majority of players don’t know in person most of the people on their contact list, hell i only know 4 of the people on mine, and one of those 4 is also me! (XBL sharing ftw! i have my old account back for free!)

> 2533274795233660;4:
> Welcome to the future!!

A future where real life social interaction is limited :confused: