I give up

Until february 2016 I was able to play arena just fine, free for all did take some time to find games but it did and with very low lag. Arena always found matches, sometimes agaisnt the same folks over and over if we played late at night but the matchmaking was perfect during normal play times. We never had lag, we always played against latin america players as it should, as I am from Brazil.

Since the frebruary update 343 broke the game, made my play times feel like crap, I almost broke my monitor on anger and that never happened to me before.

ALL games are lagged, ALL games the american folks have better latency than me, I used to be good on 1v1, if I started shooting first on an assault rifle duel I was able to finish the guy off as it should, now it always feels that even if on my game I see the other guy first, on his game he saw me first and is already shotting me. I lose all 1v1 now. And lets see how many games like this today I went on the last days:

http://xboxclips.com/MorenoMdz/f570889c-587d-493b-bbe6-afe3bfaa64de

and

http://xboxclips.com/MorenoMdz/9daf9231-afba-44aa-8add-da45dc8cf571

After that today I gave up, went to the gym, took some hours of break, and came back at 8pm.

Played until 10:30, lost ALL games, every game I played normal, not great but not horrible, every game I tried hard to keep up to 10-15 kills at least, but on every single game either a guy leaves our team, we go against a full premade team, even some clan guys, or the game is simples broken. Not a single game was a close call, all games we got destroyed, was clear to me when I was on a team with another guy from brazil and some guys speaking spanish, against a FULL TEAM from like USA/Canada…

Why did you change the matchmaking 343i? Why this way? It is not fair to lose so many games, to feel like you are a horrible player, when you know you did much better weeks before.

Heres few screens from the last games:

2 diamond vs a bunch of average guys https://account.xbox.com/pt-br/screenshot/5ed2d9a8-c935-47f9-87bf-c3ec0fa45d9b?gamerTag=MorenoMdz&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

Again… https://account.xbox.com/pt-br/screenshot/3c1c6c48-4617-4aaf-be95-49f30b083519?gamerTag=MorenoMdz&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

And again… http://screenshotscontent-t4001.xboxlive.com/0009000003690d02-ccd21898-465c-4c59-aa91-937a413eed27/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=UAmTvULdIP3HOmjdXCuyISgG0J9H721pibrrcY2t0LE%3D&st=2016-02-14T00%3A46%3A36Z&se=2016-02-14T01%3A51%3A36Z&sp=r&gda=1455414696_e9e0ffeb3cdd5637e9c3552e485c14ed

All I wanted was to get Diamond, was like my goal for this month, I am fine on that rollercoaster of losing one winning one etc but losing 10 games in a row? For real? Is that my fault? How? I feel I am being punished by the game, I tried my best to stay on focus and keep playing it, but now I give it up.

I win 4-5 games to rank up, and in a lose or two I go down, went from Plat 5-6 to Plat 1 today in about two hours and I did play fine.

The matchmaking is broken for latin america players, USA players have unfair advantage, and it is making us feel bad.

I deleted the game, I dont want to go back, and I do want my money back, or some response from 343. I do deserve it, all the players from lating americana do deserve your attention and your apologies.

Check the record for today:

Not a fan of this matchmaking update either seeing a lot of laggy players, way more than before. Also the matches I have played seem even more competitive not more enjoyable :-/

jesus man, so dramatic.
-Yoinking!- play the game or don’t play the game jees.
if you have problems with lag, thats your problem. send a letter or an email to someone who cares (activision, bungie, etc) and get more local servers put in your country/city whatever.

The update is awful. Unless i am on european servers the games are just downright unplayable. Team games seem to always be on american servers which is like playing with constant lag and major delays in shot registering. And i am matched with people way below my rank against thisexabove it . It is not fair. I want my diamond on slayer as i dont like my onyx ffa emblem (i hate the emblem, love the rank lol) but have given up due to the server problem and because 343 dont ban blatant derankers.

> 2533274847343294;4:
> > 2533274847343294;4:
> > jesus man, so dramatic.
> > -Yoinking!- play the game or don’t play the game jees.
> > if you have problems with lag, thats your problem. send a letter or an email to someone who cares (activision, bungie, etc) and get more local servers put in your country/city whatever.
>
>
>
> jesus man, so dramatic.
> -Yoinking!- play the game or don’t play the game jees.
> if you have problems with lag, thats your problem. send a letter or an email to someone who cares (activision, bungie, etc) and get more local servers put in your country/city whatever.

Spoken like someone who.doesnt have server problems and likes to kill those that do because it makes you think you are a better player. Just because you arent a competitve player at silver level doesnt mean us diamond/onyx players dont want fair gameplay where we get shots counting where they should and everyone having equal connection. Maybe at lower levels it doesnt matter so much.

i feel you man, i am from argentina, until february i was playing just nice, sometimes i waited a couple of minutes to play a match, but in that matches there was any lag.

since the patch i have instant matchmaking, but allways with americans,

i am onyx in slayer, i love being match with competitive players, i dont care if they are better than me, i actually enjoy getting destroyed by a pre made team, i love to play like that because the matches are allways fun, in fact i never yelled at the screen when i lost a match, until the patch, now there is just too painfull too play, i am allways at disadvantage, i can feel how the other players allways start shooting me before even when i think i am shooting first, 1 vs 1 are just painfull, my shots dont register, i need to shoot where they are going to be no where they are, i cant do that all the time, it just makes me tired,

my grenades are thrown waaay after the animation of my spartan ended, i cant count the times i pressed the rb button to throw a grenade the same with the hydra, plasma caster, fuel rod and misile luncher, i just cant play any more, i used to destroy with br, drm and the magnum, in fact more than half my kills are headshots, i have very good accuracy, but now i cant use any semi auto gun, the shots do not register, my kdr is dropping at a fast rate because i just cant play any more, every fight is a loosing fight, i know that when i see someone in front of me the act of killing him/she it is going to be random, are the shots going to register?, is going to warp?. should i shoot where it is going to be or do i focus on his head, i never have a clue on what to do,

i think that latin american people should match with latin american people, because this way we just cant play, it is imposible, this is no cod where the lag is not just that problematic because the kill time is very fast, it doesnt have that kind of lag neither, in fact, the lag it is not that much, but in halo a little of lag is the difference between killing and getting killed.

I’m American and even I am lagging. 343 needs to revert back to their old settings.

> 2535471265000317;7:
> i feel you man, i am from argentina, until february i was playing just nice, sometimes i waited a couple of minutes to play a match, but in that matches there was any lag.
>
> since the patch i have instant matchmaking, but allways with americans,
>
> i am onyx in slayer, i love being match with competitive players, i dont care if they are better than me, i actually enjoy getting destroyed by a pre made team, i love to play like that because the matches are allways fun, in fact i never yelled at the screen when i lost a match, until the patch, now there is just too painfull too play, i am allways at disadvantage, i can feel how the other players allways start shooting me before even when i think i am shooting first, 1 vs 1 are just painfull, my shots dont register, i need to shoot where they are going to be no where they are, i cant do that all the time, it just makes me tired,
>
> my grenades are thrown waaay after the animation of my spartan ended, i cant count the times i pressed the rb button to throw a grenade the same with the hydra, plasma caster, fuel rod and misile luncher, i just cant play any more, i used to destroy with br, drm and the magnum, in fact more than half my kills are headshots, i have very good accuracy, but now i cant use any semi auto gun, the shots do not register, my kdr is dropping at a fast rate because i just cant play any more, every fight is a loosing fight, i know that when i see someone in front of me the act of killing him/she it is going to be random, are the shots going to register?, is going to warp?. should i shoot where it is going to be or do i focus on his head, i never have a clue on what to do,
>
> i think that latin american people should match with latin american people, because this way we just cant play, it is imposible, this is no cod where the lag is not just that problematic because the kill time is very fast, it doesnt have that kind of lag neither, in fact, the lag it is not that much, but in halo a little of lag is the difference between killing and getting killed.

The game was so good before man, It was fun, I never stook for so long on an FPS game like I did on halo 5 because it felt good to play. Even not being a top tier graphics game, the rock solid 60 fps plus all the new spartan skills made it adictive. Playing agains our latin america fellows was fun, sometimes I got destroyed but even then I felt I was able to fight, when we lost was always by being outplayed and not handcapped like we are now. I am really sad. The game needs a better matchmaking LAG wise but it also needs a better way to handle the team distro, not fair for a group of random pug players go matched against a full diamond team either, at least make the rank not diminish stay neutral or something.

But the biggest elefant is the lag, please 343 soften the change, allow us not USA guys from LatAm or Eur etc to get propper games.

Please revert it back, thats all I can ask for.

Until then I am playing something else.

Yea a lot of lagg lately and not sure why but def sucks :confused: . So many people teleporting it’s getting ridiculous, with all the crowd finding from REQs going on you would think they could get some better servers by now. If the funds are not there maybe try to do something to generate them for example, Another HCS pack, I know a lot of people who s8 up bought that the last time. Make a new and have the old one available so people could buy both, most people who want them probably don’t have 160,00 REQ points ready for them. Offer up extra customization to your dashboard/homepage and/or waypoint profile, If needed you could even set up a donation thing so people could donate to get better servers but make them feel included. Tell them what they paid for ya know? A lot of people would prob donate, people give the pros hundreds of dollars for no real reason. These are just a few suggestions but they would def help the cause, peace n love - Mr. Happy Hour H3r0

I’m also having an awful time with lag lately and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Why do games always do this?

I am in America and have experienced some laggy issues due to servers lately as well. It can be incredibly frustrating, and I know I don’t have it half as bad as international players. You guys have my deepest sympathies. I believe party restrictions (teams of 4 only playing teams of 4, etc.) would help the game a lot. I assume 343 is afraid of the low population causing long wait times for matches if party restrictions were enabled, but I would rather wait a little longer for a balanced match rather than go in as a random, get matched against a full party, and have half of my team quit.

My usual reaction to getting annoyed with halo 5 is just quitting the build and getting on mcc. Mcc obviously still has numerous problems, but the issues with halo 5 somehow stress me out even more.

I am in Germany and have the same problems as you . many German and european have already given up and I am also abandon shortly before.

I too have noticed way more lag since the update. And I have been complaining about unfair games since launch. The game is miserable playing solo. Miserable. Thankfully I’ve read quite a few books of late since none of my friends play this game anymore.

> 2533274847612162;1:
> Until february 2016 I was able to play arena just fine, free for all did take some time to find games but it did and with very low lag. Arena always found matches, sometimes agaisnt the same folks over and over if we played late at night but the matchmaking was perfect during normal play times. We never had lag, we always played against latin america players as it should, as I am from Brazil.
>
> Since the frebruary update 343 broke the game, made my play times feel like crap, I almost broke my monitor on anger and that never happened to me before.
>
> ALL games are lagged, ALL games the american folks have better latency than me, I used to be good on 1v1, if I started shooting first on an assault rifle duel I was able to finish the guy off as it should, now it always feels that even if on my game I see the other guy first, on his game he saw me first and is already shotting me. I lose all 1v1 now. And lets see how many games like this today I went on the last days:
>
> http://xboxclips.com/MorenoMdz/f570889c-587d-493b-bbe6-afe3bfaa64de
>
> and
>
> http://xboxclips.com/MorenoMdz/9daf9231-afba-44aa-8add-da45dc8cf571
>
> After that today I gave up, went to the gym, took some hours of break, and came back at 8pm.
>
> Played until 10:30, lost ALL games, every game I played normal, not great but not horrible, every game I tried hard to keep up to 10-15 kills at least, but on every single game either a guy leaves our team, we go against a full premade team, even some clan guys, or the game is simples broken. Not a single game was a close call, all games we got destroyed, was clear to me when I was on a team with another guy from brazil and some guys speaking spanish, against a FULL TEAM from like USA/Canada…
>
> Why did you change the matchmaking 343i? Why this way? It is not fair to lose so many games, to feel like you are a horrible player, when you know you did much better weeks before.
>
> Heres few screens from the last games:
>
> 2 diamond vs a bunch of average guys https://account.xbox.com/pt-br/screenshot/5ed2d9a8-c935-47f9-87bf-c3ec0fa45d9b?gamerTag=MorenoMdz&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5
>
> Again… https://account.xbox.com/pt-br/screenshot/3c1c6c48-4617-4aaf-be95-49f30b083519?gamerTag=MorenoMdz&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5
>
> And again… http://screenshotscontent-t4001.xboxlive.com/0009000003690d02-ccd21898-465c-4c59-aa91-937a413eed27/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=UAmTvULdIP3HOmjdXCuyISgG0J9H721pibrrcY2t0LE%3D&st=2016-02-14T00%3A46%3A36Z&se=2016-02-14T01%3A51%3A36Z&sp=r&gda=1455414696_e9e0ffeb3cdd5637e9c3552e485c14ed
>
> All I wanted was to get Diamond, was like my goal for this month, I am fine on that rollercoaster of losing one winning one etc but losing 10 games in a row? For real? Is that my fault? How? I feel I am being punished by the game, I tried my best to stay on focus and keep playing it, but now I give it up.
>
> I win 4-5 games to rank up, and in a lose or two I go down, went from Plat 5-6 to Plat 1 today in about two hours and I did play fine.
>
> The matchmaking is broken for latin america players, USA players have unfair advantage, and it is making us feel bad.
>
> I deleted the game, I dont want to go back, and I do want my money back, or some response from 343. I do deserve it, all the players from lating americana do deserve your attention and your apologies.

don’t go solo… its not broken your not using all the things that you can utilize

> 2533274818111648;11:
> I’m also having an awful time with lag lately and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Why do games always do this?

> 2535443588185534;15:
> > 2533274847612162;1:
> >
>
>
> don’t go solo… its not broken your not using all the things that you can utilize

> 2533274832697531;14:
> I too have noticed way more lag since the update. And I have been complaining about unfair games since launch. The game is miserable playing solo. Miserable. Thankfully I’ve read quite a few books of late since none of my friends play this game anymore.

> 2533274827525499;13:
> I am in Germany and have the same problems as you . many German and european have already given up and I am also abandon shortly before.

> 2533274802351620;12:
> I am in America and have experienced some laggy issues due to servers lately as well. It can be incredibly frustrating, and I know I don’t have it half as bad as international players. You guys have my deepest sympathies. I believe party restrictions (teams of 4 only playing teams of 4, etc.) would help the game a lot. I assume 343 is afraid of the low population causing long wait times for matches if party restrictions were enabled, but I would rather wait a little longer for a balanced match rather than go in as a random, get matched against a full party, and have half of my team quit.
>
> My usual reaction to getting annoyed with halo 5 is just quitting the build and getting on mcc. Mcc obviously still has numerous problems, but the issues with halo 5 somehow stress me out even more.

It is good to see it is not just my game that is bad and unfair since the update, but it is really sad to not get a response from the devs.

I see few scenarios here:

A) The game is low on population and they put everybody together so the queue times are very low.

  • I cant believe it, I never play with the same guys over and over, at any given hour, so that means enough people are still playing. Also, the game find matches REALLY fast. So it is not this case, it would favor just the american folks, if that is the case I will never buy another 343 game ever again.

B) Some parts of the world did not find games fast enough so they put it all in the same bucket.

  • It makes sense, it took a bit to long to find warzone games at start, but then it did start find games faster, but laggy games. Same for FFA, after the update we find games really fast and before sometimes we couldnt find matches at all, the thing is, now it is hell of lag games.

C) There is some bug/mistake/bad choice on the development of the last patch that did change or skip some setting on the matchmaking.

  • If thats the case, can 343 please let us know you are working on fixing it?

In all cases, I can have my suggestions:

  1. Let us chose the “quality” of lag we chose to play against, like on street fighter etc, so if we want to play on very close games with no lag, we can chose to but if there is no one else online close to us, we can then chose to soften the search to include more options from further away if we do want to play no matter what lag.

  2. Let us chose the region of server, just like titanfall does

  3. Let us chose if we want to fight against full teams or not, and/or give bonuses when we win against full teams, and/or don’t reduce any rank at all, keep it neutral, if you fight against a full team or someone on your team quit.

343, we need you. I want to play the game, it is good and adictive, but it frustrating the way it is right now.

I feel you! Im here in the US but down south and i keep getting matched up with people in mexico and the connection is just awful! Id rather wait for a match and if it takes too long (4-5 minutes during the AM hours) than fine. Ill take a forced connection to get a game. But i doubt i have to take a laggy game in the morning or early after noon. I try to stay off between the higher Peak hours since its usually kids getting home from school and what have you. Matchmaking has gotten progressively worse over the years. Its the newer generation of games ive had this problem with. The matchmaking pickings are slim with the xbox 360 and the new gens out but thats no excuse. There needs to be regional dedicated server option. Hell even halo 3 had a good connection option!

Please don’t revive old threads thanks