I get disconnected from just about every game.

I don’t know what the issue is. I updated my routers firmware. I’m the only xbox on the connection. I’m the only one doing anything on it.

Please help.

IDK what the issue could be.

I just got kicked out of about 7 games today alone for seemingly no reason. I’m not actually disconnecting from XBL, as far as I can tell, just getting thrown out of my matches. This is extremely frustrating.

Where are you located and what is your ISP. There is a thread below yours about 3 topics down with about 70+ pages of the same issue. We have all been having it since launch. The latest thought is that the ISPs are flagging the Halo 5 traffic as P2P traffic…

I have Comcast, I live in Connecticut. (US)

I don’t have any issues with P2P traffic on the multiple PCs on my network.

I will check out that topic, thanks.

Edit: My issue seems to be different from what most of those people are experiencing. (after I briefly skimmed it)
I don’t lag at all until my game decides to disconnect.

> 2707521204555586;3:
> I have Comcast, I live in Connecticut. (US)
>
> I don’t have any issues with P2P traffic on the multiple PCs on my network.
>
> I will check out that topic, thanks.
>
> Edit: My issue seems to be different from what most of those people are experiencing. (after I briefly skimmed it)
> I don’t lag at all until my game decides to disconnect.

I don’t lag at all either, once the lag begins it will inevitably disconnect.

Isn’t it fair how you get screwed out of the game time without RP, XP and if you have any boosts activated- too bad, you’re not getting credit for them nor will you get them back.