I forged these maps that everyone refuses to acknowledge, could someone please take a look?

I think these maps are good, but they all have less than 50 download and the thread I took 30min creating on bungie.net was instantly buried under “K/D, you’re bad, reach sucks, troll, trolltrolltroll, blah”

The community on this site seems much nicer than Bungie’s so hopefully some of you would take the time to look at them? It’s very irritating that I put weeks of works into these maps and can’t get even a fraction of the downloads those “I MADE A GIANT RAMP!!!” maps get.

Link

I’m just linking to the thread on Bungie so I don’t have to take another 30min putting all of the links together. If you have an account on that forum and wouldn’t mind bumping it with some criticism that would be nice too, but at the very least please just take a look.

Not having much luck are you…

The maps look quite good though. Only problem I have is the name Containment. I got over excited, and it wasn’t a remake.

Look, you aren’t going to get many downloads by posting like this.
My advice is to find a good reach community and play your maps with them. Get feedback etc.
This is especially useful in forge communities.
I’m in one, it’s good fun and you can test your maps with friends

Hope this helps, because your maps have potential

Forgehub gives lots of feedback and lots of downloads try there :slight_smile:

> I think these maps are good, but they all have less than 50 download and the thread I took 30min creating on bungie.net was instantly buried under “K/D, you’re bad, reach sucks, troll, trolltrolltroll, blah”
>
> The community on this site seems much nicer than Bungie’s so hopefully some of you would take the time to look at them? It’s very irritating that I put weeks of works into these maps and can’t get even a fraction of the downloads those “I MADE A GIANT RAMP!!!” maps get.
>
> Link
>
> I’m just linking to the thread on Bungie so I don’t have to take another 30min putting all of the links together. If you have an account on that forum and wouldn’t mind bumping it with some criticism that would be nice too, but at the very least please just take a look.

First of all, you’ve obviously put a great deal of work into the maps themselves, as well as presenting them. Great work all around.

It sounds like you’re running into similar issues that I had when I released my first forge map. Getting the extra exposure can be tough, but I think you’re on the right track. In my case, promoting my forge maps was a major motivation for me to start my own website.

• Some suggestions: Others have mentioned websites like Forge Hub or XForgery. I second this suggestion. You might only get a handful of downloads from each site, but the communities are great, and you might get lots of helpful feedback. They also present you with a great opportunity, which ties into my 2nd suggestion:

• Think of your forge maps as little mini game-launches. What I mean by this is that you should prepare a bunch of information about each map (something you’re already starting to do), such as detailed written descriptions, videos, screenshots, and download links. This ties into websites like XForgery and Forge Hub because you have a thread dedicated specifically to your map, that you can fill with content.

For an example, here’s the feature I did on my website to promote one of my racetracks: Coastline Racetrack

• YouTube is your friend. Upload lots of videos of your maps (again, you’ve already started to do this). Make 1st person gamelpay videos, 3rd person flying-camera style videos, montages, the more the better. Also remember to include a link to your fileshare in every video description.

• There is actually a thread here on the Waypoint Forums under the “General Discussion” section called “Share your Halo Reach Files”. It’s a great place to post links to your maps.

• Finally, a little tip to make life easier. Posting your maps to XForgery, or Forge Hub, or forums like this can be a lot of work. However, you can usually do a simple copy->paste from your post on bungie.net. The bungie forums use the same HTML coding as the Waypoint forums, so you can go to your bungie post, press “Edit”, then select all the text in edit window and copy it. Then simply paste it into the waypoint forums (in the appropriate thread).

Good luck, and keep up the good work!

I look at these maps and they remind me of the map selection previews in Halo: CE and Halo 2. I could imagine them existing in the Halo fiction. Visually they’ve caught my attention. Its impressive. I really like the look of the Sword placement on Artifact and the orange ceiling above it. Downloaded

Is there any chance you could provide some links for the gameplay footage that you mentioned though?

Those are some good maps you’ve got there!

Thank you for the kind words and advice. Here are the links to the gameplay videos:

Cliffside

Containment

Drill Site

Artifact

I love the look and feel of Containment and Artifact.

Drill Site and Cliffside need play time but they look great.

After seeing the gameplay. I think I like Drill Site and Artifact the most… they look fun. The corridors on Drill Site with crates in them remind me of Orbital. I like the use of crates for cover on both maps.

Calimar, send me a PM with your email. I want to run some ideas past you :slight_smile:

> Forgehub gives lots of feedback and lots of downloads try there :slight_smile:

Forgehub has lots of trolls like SS. There are many other smaller comunitys that are better for feedback.

Anyone who wants a closer look at Calimar’s maps should check this out.