I for one welcome the change

Though I expected this game to be very controversial, Frankie saying months ago that there would be some elements that would make some rage and what not. And personally, I loved Reach. I know right? A Halo fan who liked reach? That doesnt make me a ‘real halo fan’ to the hardcore community, does it? So what of it? Ive greatly supported Halo for the past seven years, even if the games dont duplicate themselves.

There were some elements I didnt like, specifically the name of certain modes, which could likely just be placeholders like “spartan ops” and “spartan points.”

But after thoroughly reading the details of the mag, rather than other peoples’ opinions. I greatly liked what I read. In 2, 3, and Reach I hated how people would just quit and leave the game unbalanced. Especially for Invasion. And granted, AA’s can really be a good asset or a bad addition (depends on the gametype and how they are used, since half the community uses armor lock alone in the game) but atleast armor lock IS out, for now atleast…

The new designs for the Elites were pretty cool along with the description for the first level impression. I would love to read the real magazine for bits and pieces that I missed from the scans, and I would like to point out that all weapons dont just randomly respawn all over the map via drop pods like how some people have suggested. But rather, its more akin to firefight with random power weapons being dropped off. Its said that the good weapons spawn differently to prevent map control for to lessen the gap for new players. But no specifics like each time it spawns? Or per game it spawns differently, like gears?

And a specialized secondary campaign i.e. spartan ops, sounds like a great idea to keep playing. And how it connects with MP was predictable, but still a good step.

So there it is, my dice thrown into the mix.

I also welcome the change.

And don’t worry, liking Reach doesn’t NOT make you a hardcore Halo fan. It actually makes you more of a fan because you still love the franchise and think it is awesome and fun, despite the changes Bungie made in Reach. I like Reach, too BTW.

I love everything I’ve read so far. I wanted a new and fresh Halo game and H4 seems to deliver.

How dare you like change? HERESY!

It’s too bad that a lot of us, as a community, are divided just because of seperate opinions of what makes a halo game great or not.

I can understand the frustration of some fans. Halo should play like Halo, CoD like CoD, BF like BF.

But a fresh step is what helps make a sequel more enjoyable. If its just a rehash, why buy it again? Tighter graphics? Tried and true gameplay? All that is good, but if the previous title was so much better, why upgrade in the first place? I love halo for its advancing story. MP being a simulations sounds a lot like Assassins Creed to me, but that doesnt detract from how fun it looks.

Omg! Changez Hurr Durr CAlllooowduty! OMG!

Lol! I actually think it sounds good, but somethings need to change.

I don’t see why everyone is complaining about the “leaked” information about Halo 4 and the direction that 343i is taking the Halo Universe. The Halo games have slowly been losing its fan-base to other games like Call of Duty, due to the fast paced game-play, and gun customization. 343i is now trying to spread Halo past its dedicated fan-base to a broader audience. The fact they are tie together multiplayer and campaign is very interesting along side the Spartan Ops. The idea of releasing game content every week for a while is no doubt going to bring people back to the game.

I love the idea of loadouts, it seems like a winning formula. It will change gameplay from camping the power weapons to actually attempting to play the game. It adds a whole new level of customization and allows the player to feel at home. It is a good idea and is alright to have in Halo like having Sprint as a default ability. It has been in other competing games; yet that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in Halo. Custom loadout are a plus, not only will it feel more persnal, but will expand on the idea that Halo is a sandbox. Halo needs to be refreshed in my opinion and that is what 343i is doing with Halo 4. Custom Loadouts are a great addition due to the fact that you can make the game yours.

No respawn times will bring you right into the action instead of waiting for the time to tick down or bashing down a certain button. Joining games hasn’t just been in Call of Duty, and it is about time that Halo finally realized that people are sick of waiting for their friends games to end just so they can get in a match with them.

People tend to think that the game should be like Halo 2 or 3 and think if they don’t make it to that formula it won’t be good, change isn’t always bad.

Respawn delay and non-playable elites were what killed it for me.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

You are the poison that killed halo.

> I don’t see why everyone is complaining about the “leaked” information about Halo 4 and the direction that 343i is taking the Halo Universe. The Halo games have slowly been losing its fan-base to other games like Call of Duty, due to the fast paced game-play, and gun customization. 343i is now trying to spread Halo past its dedicated fan-base to a broader audience. The fact they are tie together multiplayer and campaign is very interesting along side the Spartan Ops. The idea of releasing game content every week for a while is no doubt going to bring people back to the game.
>
> I love the idea of loadouts, it seems like a winning formula. It will change gameplay from camping the power weapons to actually attempting to play the game. It adds a whole new level of customization and allows the player to feel at home. It is a good idea and is alright to have in Halo like having Sprint as a default ability. It has been in other competing games; yet that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in Halo. Custom loadout are a plus, not only will it feel more persnal, but will expand on the idea that Halo is a sandbox. Halo needs to be refreshed in my opinion and that is what 343i is doing with Halo 4. Custom Loadouts are a great addition due to the fact that you can make the game yours.
>
> No respawn times will bring you right into the action instead of waiting for the time to tick down or bashing down a certain button. Joining games hasn’t just been in Call of Duty, and it is about time that Halo finally realized that people are sick of waiting for their friends games to end just so they can get in a match with them.
>
> People tend to think that the game should be like Halo 2 or 3 and think if they don’t make it to that formula it won’t be good, change isn’t always bad.

Way to put it. Another thing about instant spawns can go back to Halo Reach, like how certain modes had you forced to look at your spawn buddy, but when you try to change to spawn at a different location, you’d have to wait an additional 2-3 seconds to respawn after it dropped to zero. Instant respawn would greatly benefit with that.

> You are the poison that killed halo.

You are the conservative end who doesnt want halo to adapt and evolve. If it wasnt for mass marketing, Halo 3 would have been seen as just a worse version of halo 2 for the 360 and the series would have been dead before Reach.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> > You are the poison that killed halo.
>
> You are the conservative end who doesnt want halo to adapt and evolve. If it wasnt for mass marketing, Halo 3 would have been seen as just a worse version of halo 2 for the 360 and the series would have been dead before Reach.

I take it you where never here for halo 1,2 or 3 you came in on reach and thought it was halo. The new halo is COD so -Yoink- you and -Yoink- halo.

You liked Reach, great! What about the literal millions of people who did not? In case you people didn’t notice Halo went from being one of the most popular games in the world to, well…Reach. Here 343 had a chance to take a step back and, with an outsider’s perspective, repair the damage Bungie has done. Instead they have decided to add fuel to the flames, I suppose in the hope that the reason the fire wasn’t good before was that it wasn’t fiery enough.

> You liked Reach, great! What about the literal millions of people who did not? In case you people didn’t notice Halo went from being one of the most popular games in the world to, well…Reach. Here 343 had a chance to take a step back and, with an outsider’s perspective, repair the damage Bungie has done. Instead they have decided to add fuel to the flames, I suppose in the hope that the reason the fire wasn’t good before was that it wasn’t fiery enough before.

Oh, get over yourself. Halo isn’t top any more because CoD came along and the majority prefer the gameplay CoD has to offer, it’s that simple.

At first when I found out I was angry that they had implemented these things that seem to go against all that is Halo but now the more I think about them the more I warm to the idea’s and want to find out more although I’m still very skeptical about it all.

> > > You are the poison that killed halo.
> >
> > You are the conservative end who doesnt want halo to adapt and evolve. If it wasnt for mass marketing, Halo 3 would have been seen as just a worse version of halo 2 for the 360 and the series would have been dead before Reach.
>
> I take it you where never here for halo 1,2 or 3 you came in on reach and thought it was halo. The new halo is COD so -Yoink!- you and -Yoink!- halo.

Ive been playing halo for the past 8 years, -Yoink!-. And just because the simplistic gameplay of the older trilogy isnt good enough to duplicate, I still greatlt enjoy all of halo. You want a duplicated experience? Then maybe cod is up your alley.

Btw, go -Yoink- yourself, its cheaper.

> Though I expected this game to be very controversial, Frankie saying months ago that there would be some elements that would make some rage and what not. And personally, I loved Reach. I know right? A Halo fan who liked reach? That doesnt make me a ‘real halo fan’ to the hardcore community, does it? So what of it? Ive greatly supported Halo for the past seven years, even if the games dont duplicate themselves.
>
> There were some elements I didnt like, specifically the name of certain modes, which could likely just be placeholders like “spartan ops” and “spartan points.”
>
> But after thoroughly reading the details of the mag, rather than other peoples’ opinions. I greatly liked what I read. In 2, 3, and Reach I hated how people would just quit and leave the game unbalanced. Especially for Invasion. And granted, AA’s can really be a good asset or a bad addition (depends on the gametype and how they are used, since half the community uses armor lock alone in the game) but atleast armor lock IS out, for now atleast…
>
> The new designs for the Elites were pretty cool along with the description for the first level impression. I would love to read the real magazine for bits and pieces that I missed from the scans, and I would like to point out that all weapons dont just randomly respawn all over the map via drop pods like how some people have suggested. But rather, its more akin to firefight with random power weapons being dropped off. Its said that the good weapons spawn differently to prevent map control for to lessen the gap for new players. But no specifics like each time it spawns? Or per game it spawns differently, like gears?
>
> And a specialized secondary campaign i.e. spartan ops, sounds like a great idea to keep playing. And how it connects with MP was predictable, but still a good step.
>
> So there it is, my dice thrown into the mix.

I concur greatly, i for one was initially skeptical about some changes, but after reading through the magazine myself without the help of biased forum goers, i actually feel genuinely good towards some of these changes. I too have been playing halo for nearly 10 years now, and recently got my own xbox 2 years ago. I am not a hardcore gamer, but i am most definitely a fan of halo.

X-ray vision is going to be the new armor lock and really, X-ray vision.

No elites

No Fireifght

It seems more like a downgrade to me. I am disappointed with some things.

You welcome change, you say? Well, thanks for tearing apart the core of Halo with your “change.”

> You are the poison that killed halo.

Jerk