I Few Things I Noticed in Both the Trailers...

Hey guys! I just want to have a discussion with people to see if you seen some of the minor details I saw in both trailers.

First of all:
Did you notice that when Locke is speaking that he is clearly carrying a DMR. But if you look up to the left where his guns are displayed in his HUD, you can see that the symbol for a Battle rifle is there. What do you guys think about that?

Second:
I had a thought when watching Master Chief’s trailer. When he is walking up to the statue, he is says " is this what you were looking for? Was everything you’ve compromised, everything you’ve done…worth it?..was it?"
When I heard this, it gave me the impression that he was talking to himself and not Locke. Contemplating everything he has done in order to get to where he is now. I don’t know, just a theory. What do you guys think?

Third:
After watching the trailers a number of times, I could see the difference in physical exhaustion between Locke and Chief. Locke seemed to be more tried, the way he through down his gun, instead of putting it on his back. Like fighting Chief was a challenge. while the Chief stuck his gun on his back, and looked more, at the ready. Plus he has more ammunition than Locke (Locke: 1 grenade Chief: 3 grenades). Also, The both have low shields and health, which indicates they have just battled. What do you guys think?

Fourth:
Why do you think the “city” was in ruins? do you think Chief has bombed it? Oni? or even the covenant?

Thanks for reading, just thought I would come here with my thoughts and share them with you guys! :smiley:

1: I think of it as a symbol that Locke might have incorrect knowledge about Chief, why he’s being hunted down, why he will do what he’ll do. Maybe a long shot, but whatever. It does not seem like a mistake that it was incorrectly displayed. Must be a symbol of something at least.
2: I can’t tell for sure. Maybe he says that Locke -Yoinked!- up even more attempting to go after him?
3: Quite obvious observation. It’s Chief. He’s obviously more skilled in combat.
4: They’re in a city we’ve seen before, in concept art.

Bumped

> 2535416233908839;3:
> Bumped

I’m pretty sure he just bumped it up in the forums to make it closer to the top of the feed again to encourage more discussion.

Anyways, that’s definitely an interesting analysis. I too have wondered if Chief may be speaking to himself rather than Locke- I think it’s about a 30% chance that he is, considering the whole context of the trailer. It’s more likely he’s speaking to Locke, but the message may carry more than a single meaning for sure.

> 2533274861158694;5:
> I’m pretty sure he just bumped it up in the forums to make it closer to the top of the feed again to encourage more discussion.
>
> Anyways, that’s definitely an interesting analysis. I too have wondered if Chief may be speaking to himself rather than Locke- I think it’s about a 30% chance that he is, considering the whole context of the trailer. It’s more likely he’s speaking to Locke, but the message may carry more than a single meaning for sure.

I know, Its like he is saying that everything he has done, isn’t worth the destruction that it has caused around him. (literally) As the guy said above, he could be speaking to Locke, just saying he screwed up coming up after him. But what would Locke have compromised?