I feel violated, disgusted, and offended

Okay, let’s load up the beta after waiting a few hours for the downloading. It would be a shame if it froze on you.

This is going to play quite differently, so you might need a tutorial. Don’t worry, the tutorial is just a very short video that is non-interactive and only covers the very basics that is the the same in both games.
You need an advanced interactive tutorial or some simple way to go against some AI to comprehend how to play the game? Well -Yoink- you here is a PvP game mode you don’t want that won’t give you the chance to play the game to the fullest.
Congratulations on completing a match, now give us your money! No need for those detailed scoreboard either.

You liked the way the Covenant bases looked? Let’s completely scrap it for something less memorable.
Under attack? Need to point something out? Wonder what your team mate is looking at? Let’s make it impossible to tell.
Many awesome upgrades can be found pressing the back button and rely on a completely different system. What to know when and how to upgrade them? Too bad.
Leader powers are awesome, let’s make how to get them completely different and let’s not tell how to use them.
Remember Captain Cutter? Let’s make him look and sound completely different.

Needless to say I am fairly disappointed and am most likely not going to buy it, especially since I saw 343’s name pop up when starting it up. I would like to know how much history the developers have with the Halo franchise and how much Microsoft or 343i tried to influence what was going on. I’d also be weary with CA as they locked a playable faction (Chaos) behind a pre-order (paywall) well before Total War: Warhammer was released, but maybe that was just Sega’s doing.
I can hope things improve greatly by the time of release and I will keep myself up to date, but I won’t expect anything too great because I am sick and tired of being let down by video games recently.

Edit: You can play for more than ten games, but it just gives you a rank, don’t know how I did not notice that. I am stupid.
But it does seem a bit odd to have it in there, especially like that.

I’ve only done 3 games so far - does it seriously stop you playing after 10 games???

I agree with most of this. It just doesn’t feel like halo wars at all.

> 2533274820195416;2:
> I’ve only done 3 games so far - does it seriously stop you playing after 10 games???

Please tell me this isn’t true

> 2533274796680285;4:
> > 2533274820195416;2:
> > I’ve only done 3 games so far - does it seriously stop you playing after 10 games???
>
>
> Please tell me this isn’t true

I stopped after 5 or 6 games and it has been counting down the number of games remaining, starting at 10. I would have played more if I had more time. I hope it isn’t true as well, but even demos these days have time limits, so I wouldn’t be too surprised, just disappointed.

> 2533274819683252;1:
> Okay, let’s load up the beta after waiting a few hours for the downloading. It would be a shame if it froze on you.
>
> This is going to play quite differently, so you might need a tutorial. Don’t worry, the tutorial is just a very short video that is non-interactive and only covers the very basics that is the the same in both games.
> You need an advanced interactive tutorial or some simple way to go against some AI to comprehend how to play the game? Well -Yoink- you here is a PvP game mode you don’t want that won’t give you the chance to play the game to the fullest.
>
> Congratulations on completing a match, now give us your money! No need for those detailed scoreboard either.
> Starting to get the hand of the gameplay? Well you better because you have only ten PvP games before we say -Yoink- you give us your money you enjoyed the beta too much.
>
> You liked the way the Covenant bases looked? Let’s completely scrap it for something less memorable.
> Under attack? Need to point something out? Wonder what your team mate is looking at? Let’s make it impossible to tell.
> Many awesome upgrades can be found pressing the back button and rely on a completely different system. What to know when and how to upgrade them? Too bad.
> Leader powers are awesome, let’s make how to get them completely different and let’s not tell how to use them.
> Remember Captain Cutter? Let’s make him look and sound completely different.
>
> Needless to say I am fairly disappointed and am most likely not going to buy it, especially since I saw 343’s name pop up when starting it up. I would like to know how much history the developers have with the Halo franchise and how much Microsoft or 343i tried to influence what was going on. I’d also be weary with CA as they locked a playable faction (Chaos) behind a pre-order (paywall) well before Total War: Warhammer was released, but maybe that was just Sega’s doing.
> I can hope things improve greatly by the time of release and I will keep myself up to date, but I won’t expect anything too great because I am sick and tired of being let down by video games recently.

I have to agree on the ally base being attacked. The fustrating thing is u dont know where it is being attacked cus ur ally would have set up a few bases here and there. So if there woul be pointers then its better. I was lucky to save my teammate cus I had alrdy made an army

100% agree. I was excited when I heard this was a thing, however the beta has been a royal disappointment. First off, what in the hell are these god awful graphics. I seriously hope you’re planning on improving these in the final product. The lot of the units look like mega blocks toys rather than actual military units. They hardly resemble those of the actual halo universe. Why is my warthog all of a sudden slow as a snail and has no terrain interaction? The warthog is known for its bouncy shocks and drifting easily, none of which is seen here. I have to say this game resembles a cheezy arcade game I would expect to see on the App store, not the Xbox One. If the final product looks like this, I can be certain I will be sticking to the original halo wars. It may have had a long way to go, but at least it isn’t a ridiculous mockery of a game.

> 2533274819683252;5:
> > 2533274796680285;4:
> > > 2533274820195416;2:
> > > I’ve only done 3 games so far - does it seriously stop you playing after 10 games???
> >
> >
> > Please tell me this isn’t true
>
>
> I stopped after 5 or 6 games and it has been counting down the number of games remaining, starting at 10. I would have played more if I had more time. I hope it isn’t true as well, but even demos these days have time limits, so I wouldn’t be too surprised, just disappointed.

The ten games give you a rank…it does not restrict you at all, it has the same ranking system as Halo 5, how could you not notice that?

The tutorial isn’t fit for purpose but has it really VIOLATED you? REALLY??

Its a BETA, this means its not the complete game, things will change, this is so they can get constructive feed back to make the game better.

I’ve played way past 10 games, and I’m still going. The 10 games is only a ranking system of some sorts: bronze, silver, gold, platinum… etc. There just placement matchs.

> 2535408316691716;8:
> > 2533274819683252;5:
> > > 2533274796680285;4:
> > > > 2533274820195416;2:
> > > > I’ve only done 3 games so far - does it seriously stop you playing after 10 games???
> > >
> > >
> > > Please tell me this isn’t true
> >
> >
> > I stopped after 5 or 6 games and it has been counting down the number of games remaining, starting at 10. I would have played more if I had more time. I hope it isn’t true as well, but even demos these days have time limits, so I wouldn’t be too surprised, just disappointed.
>
>
> The ten games give you a rank…it does not restrict you at all, it has the same ranking system as Halo 5, how could you not notice that?

My answer: I am stupid.

The soul of Halo isn’t in this game.

I’m still grappling with how a video game can make you feel violated, disgusted, and offended. This beta reminds me a lot of the Halo Wars demo. Restricted tech trees and units, server problems, crashes, and slow paced gameplay. Still feels like Halo Wars in my experience, it’s just a bare bones experience at the moment. Nothing out of the ordinary for a beta.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

Okay, let’s talk. It’s a beta moron so shut up. Do you people not know what a beta is?

• It is a Beta, its meant to be bad so that 343 and CA and fix the bugs and test the servers - It doesn’t stop after ten games, it gives you a rank so that you get matched with similar based players - There will probably be a tutorial campaign mission - Skill trees remove the constant abuse of leader powers - Graphics and design can be improvedThe Beta does not equal what the final product will be, it seems that everybody hates this game because it plays slightly different.

> 2533274904245048;14:
> - It is a Beta, its meant to be bad so that 343 and CA and fix the bugs and test the servers
> - It doesn’t stop after ten games, it gives you a rank so that you get matched with similar based players
> - There will probably be a tutorial campaign mission
> - Skill trees remove the constant abuse of leader powers
> - Graphics and design can be improved
> The Beta does not equal what the final product will be, it seems that everybody hates this game because it plays slightly different.

Thank you for pointing this out, apparently people don’t understand what a BETA is anymore.

Wrong post, whoops