I feel the stage is set

For Spartan blue team to be Halo 5.

I’m not quite sure what you’re talking about.

Maybe. I actually liked fighting in a team in Halo: Reach. I think bringing in Fred, Kelly, and Linda with John as a team would make for some interesting squad-based gameplay mechanics and even more so interesting interaction between the characters themselves.

Would be cool to see them using weapons that match how they were in the novels.Linda with a sniper rifle since she was the best shot among the spartan II’s.Kelly being the fastest runner should have a super speed boost and have a shotgun.Fred…i forget what he good at again, sorry i cant remember.

Blue team rejoining John would be wonderful for the story since they were in Johns life before the games started since he was a child.Perhaps this way the people who haven’t read the books can here a bit about Johns past, and personally i would enjoy it greatly as well.

seeing Blue team would the 2nd best thing in H5 :slight_smile:

> seeing Blue team would the 2nd best thing in H5 :slight_smile:

And the first would be…? Flood? Oh yes! At least for me it would haha, but yeah halo5 or 6 or even in both would be great to see characters from John’s past, blue team would be great, it would present a great way to further tell John’s story.

> > seeing Blue team would the 2nd best thing in H5 :slight_smile:
>
> And the first would be…? Flood? Oh yes! At least for me it would haha, but yeah halo5 or 6 or even in both would be great to see characters from John’s past, blue team would be great, it would present a great way to further tell John’s story.

yes. scary flood! :slight_smile:

Halo 5 is the time to do this and do it RIGHT!

Next generation Halo 5 gives rise to tons of enemies that the player alone could never handle, current generation just cannot handle this. Cue the crazy good AI for your team mates and enemies as well.

  1. Linda just nailing targets on foot and Banshees like in the books. She follows instructions but stays at a distance in many far away places. Just like the sniper pro she is. This keeps her distanced from the team somewhat.

  2. Kelly running around drawing fire like the rabbit she is, then boarding key enemies or vehicles too. Also Kelly doing running smash and grab while the team gives cover fire for her to return with assets or weapons or captured enemies etc.

  3. Fred up close and personal with some stealth and hand to hand combat. Also stays right by your side to defend you more.

  4. John, us the player, then having to deal out mid range combat, and;

  5. Bring in d-pad instructions for us to tell our team mates what to do

5A) D-PAD LEFT: Stay on me.
5B) D-PAD UP: Hold this position.
5C) D-PAD RIGHT: Attack this target.
5D) D-PAD DOWN: Context sensitive for what you are looking at specifically like vehicles, doors, interactive elements, talk to characters, secure ammo/weapons etc.

When in coop campaign the players take control of these Blue Team characters and get HUD waypoints/audio cues from the d-pad instructions. If you mic chatter the enemies hear it and pick up on the direction of the audio or can hack your comms. Just like the Spartans in the books being so professional and using zero comms when behind enemy lines. This helps deal with no mics on XBL too.

Change the characters for SPOPS to be majestic/crimson and keep the same d-pad moves for solo/coop too.

The rumor mill a year before H4 was that members of Blue team, namely Kelly was going to make an appearance in H4, almost seem confirmed with Forward Unto Dawn, but alas, we were stuck with a Battalion size element of Spartans IV’s, there is only one person to blame for this, Commander Palmer. How old is Kelly anyways, or is that still classified? :slight_smile:

> Halo 5 is the time to do this and do it RIGHT!
>
> Next generation Halo 5 gives rise to tons of enemies that the player alone could never handle, current generation just cannot handle this. Cue the crazy good AI for your team mates and enemies as well.
>
> 1. Linda just nailing targets on foot and Banshees like in the books. She follows instructions but stays at a distance in many far away places. Just like the sniper pro she is. This keeps her distanced from the team somewhat.
>
> 2. Kelly running around drawing fire like the rabbit she is, then boarding key enemies or vehicles too. Also Kelly doing running smash and grab while the team gives cover fire for her to return with assets or weapons or captured enemies etc.
>
> 3. Fred up close and personal with some stealth and hand to hand combat. Also stays right by your side to defend you more.
>
> 4. John, us the player, then having to deal out mid range combat, and;
>
> 5. Bring in d-pad instructions for us to tell our team mates what to do
>
> 5A) D-PAD LEFT: Stay on me.
> 5B) D-PAD UP: Hold this position.
> 5C) D-PAD RIGHT: Attack this target.
> 5D) D-PAD DOWN: Context sensitive for what you are looking at specifically like vehicles, doors, interactive elements, talk to characters, secure ammo/weapons etc.
>
>
> When in coop campaign the players take control of these Blue Team characters and get HUD waypoints/audio cues from the d-pad instructions. If you mic chatter the enemies hear it and pick up on the direction of the audio or can hack your comms. Just like the Spartans in the books being so professional and using zero comms when behind enemy lines. This helps deal with no mics on XBL too.
>
> Change the characters for SPOPS to be majestic/crimson and keep the same d-pad moves for solo/coop too.

Agreed.I hope they do somthing like this it would be epic.I personaly would be satisfied if they where are companions now that Cortana is gone.(Even though she will probibly be back).

> I’m not quite sure what you’re talking about.

Master chiefs Team from the Halo books.

Yes!, Linda 058 is my favorite Spartan. :3

> Would be cool to see them using weapons that match how they were in the novels.Linda with a sniper rifle since she was the best shot among the spartan II’s.Kelly being the fastest runner should have a super speed boost and have a shotgun.Fred…i forget what he good at again, sorry i cant remember.
>
> Blue team rejoining John would be wonderful for the story since they were in Johns life before the games started since he was a child.Perhaps this way the people who haven’t read the books can here a bit about Johns past, and personally i would enjoy it greatly as well.

Fred specializes in Combat Knives.

> Halo 5 is the time to do this and do it RIGHT!
>
> Next generation Halo 5 gives rise to tons of enemies that the player alone could never handle, current generation just cannot handle this. Cue the crazy good AI for your team mates and enemies as well.
>
> 1. Linda just nailing targets on foot and Banshees like in the books. She follows instructions but stays at a distance in many far away places. Just like the sniper pro she is. This keeps her distanced from the team somewhat.
>
> 2. Kelly running around drawing fire like the rabbit she is, then boarding key enemies or vehicles too. Also Kelly doing running smash and grab while the team gives cover fire for her to return with assets or weapons or captured enemies etc.
>
> 3. Fred up close and personal with some stealth and hand to hand combat. Also stays right by your side to defend you more.
>
> 4. John, us the player, then having to deal out mid range combat, and;
>
> 5. Bring in d-pad instructions for us to tell our team mates what to do
>
> 5A) D-PAD LEFT: Stay on me.
> 5B) D-PAD UP: Hold this position.
> 5C) D-PAD RIGHT: Attack this target.
> 5D) D-PAD DOWN: Context sensitive for what you are looking at specifically like vehicles, doors, interactive elements, talk to characters, secure ammo/weapons etc.
>
>
> When in coop campaign the players take control of these Blue Team characters and get HUD waypoints/audio cues from the d-pad instructions. If you mic chatter the enemies hear it and pick up on the direction of the audio or can hack your comms. Just like the Spartans in the books being so professional and using zero comms when behind enemy lines. This helps deal with no mics on XBL too.
>
> Change the characters for SPOPS to be majestic/crimson and keep the same d-pad moves for solo/coop too.

Heeeeeeeeelll yeah! I for one am really hoping for Blue Team to be an important part of Halo 5, and that kind of stuff would be so awesome! Throw in a nostalgic level or two where I get to play as the Arbiter, and Halo 5 will be the most epic game ever.

They basically need to make Star Wars: Republic Commando 2, but with a Halo skin.

That game was the bomb.

> Halo 5 is the time to do this and do it RIGHT!
>
> […excised for brevity]
> 4. John, us the player, then having to deal out mid range combat, and;
>
> 5. Bring in d-pad instructions for us to tell our team mates what to do
>
> 5A) D-PAD LEFT: Stay on me.
> 5B) D-PAD UP: Hold this position.
> 5C) D-PAD RIGHT: Attack this target.
> 5D) D-PAD DOWN: Context sensitive for what you are looking at specifically like vehicles, doors, interactive elements, talk to characters, secure ammo/weapons etc.

Except that Fred outranks John. John’s still an enlisted rank, and Fred was promoted by Kurt to an officer position. So Fred would be giving the orders unless 343i works up a plot allowing John to take strategic command–and given his recent campaign, this could be done in places, but not the whole way through (unless undermining Freddie’s position is OK with everyone).

All S-IIs are middle aged…

It sounds lovely, but that team enjoyed their hey day in the Covenant War.

MC-117’s journey is a solidary one…

The UNSC want to retire him…

I believe that ONLY the Chief will carry out a mission that exceeds the ONI or UNSC mandates.

> All S-IIs are middle aged…
>
> It sounds lovely, but that team enjoyed their hey day in the Covenant War.
>
> MC-117’s journey is a solidary one…
>
> The UNSC want to retire him…
>
> I believe that ONLY the Chief will carry out a mission that exceeds the ONI or UNSC mandates.

I think sadly I’m going to have to except this, because most likely it’s true.

> All S-IIs are middle aged…
>
> It sounds lovely, but that team enjoyed their hey day in the Covenant War.
>
> MC-117’s journey is a solidary one…
>
> The UNSC want to retire him…
>
> I believe that ONLY the Chief will carry out a mission that exceeds the ONI or UNSC mandates.

Even though they are tecticlly in there 40’s they could be younger because we have no idea how much time they have spent in Cryo.I dont think they will retire the Best breed of spartans while they still have some fight left in them.

> Maybe. I actually liked fighting in a team in Halo: Reach. I think bringing in Fred, Kelly, and Linda with John as a team would make for some interesting squad-based gameplay mechanics and even more so interesting interaction between the characters themselves.

That, and we could say good by to MC clones. At least for certain levels.