I feel that vehicle play is dead

With the addition of loadouts (dumb idea) 343 also gave players the option to spawn with plasma pistols and plasma grenades, and anyone can use these two weapons to easily take out any vehicle

Mantis- Plasma Pistol, and get buddy to flank and board or wait for player to jump out and kill him

Warthog-either PP (Plasma Pistol) them and them board them or throw two stickies anywhere on the warthog to effectively get the kills

Mongoose/Ghost- Same as Above

Banshee- PP it then board or stick it while it flies by

Tank/Wraith- PP it then board it/stick gunner if there is one

What do you guys think? Am I wrong?

No One?

It is pretty hard to do with the Plasma Pistol and the nades are in the loadouts. But if you have a Warthog driver that can drive and not try to splatter you can do some damage. As for the tank, what i do is whne i get in it i back up so that i can see the Gauss hog when it comes to kill me as well as the player who picks up rockets. I take them out then head out and go right, i go over the bridge and back up agianst the wall and basicly tank camp. I find that with it being hte most open area you can see the enemy players coming giving you a chance to fight back. They will get you in time but iv been able to get 5-7 kills doing htis. Also having a gunner really helps.

in reach I got 25 kills ina row with a tank, but its not just the tank its all the vehicles, they all feel useless like 343 is trying to force us to play as foot soldiers.

You know what’s wrong with vehicle gameplay in Halo 4? People don’t work as a team.
You can’t just lone wolf everything. You need teammates to work with you.

Tanks should sit back away from the fight and fire mid/long range. Prioritize enemy vehicles. A couple of teammates to distract enemies from destroying the tank is a must.
Mantis should sit around mid range and be covered by teammates.
Ghosts should be running distraction, run down stragglers and take down shields for footsoldiers to finish off.
Banshees do whatever the hell they like, just don’t get hijacked and if you can’t kill anything, at least you’re distracting.
Mongooses are great for infiltrating bases, take a bro with you to the enemy hold and nick their vehicles, they won’t know what hit them. They’re also great for distractions.

Warthogs have 3 separate uses for each kind of vehicle.
First thing’s first, get a good driver.
Want to be a good driver? Read this.
If you’re the driver of a 'Hog, you need to wait for someone to operate the gun. Otherwise you’re just giving the enemy team a free kill. Once your turret is manned, drive.
Stick to the low ground, keep moving, never try to splatter the enemy, if it happens accidentally, that’s fine. Learn how to power slide, your turret operator will thank you for it. Power slides also allow you to maintain your speed while turning corners.
If you have a gauss hog, play keep away, don’t throw yourself into the middle of a bunch of red dots, if you do, you’re dead. Drive-by is your tactic here, stay fast enough or far enough to give yourself time to recover if you get tagged by a plasma.
Rocket hogs are also good for drive-bys, but they’re better suited for blanket shooting large vehicles or other 'hogs. Once your 6 rounds are spent, fall back and prepare to attack again.
Don’t be a hero, don’t get fancy, keep your wheels on the ground, never leave without a gunner. Ramming other vehicles is a last resort, and only when you’re sure it will destroy the other (look for them on fire, this does not apply for tanks).

Remember, heavier hitting vehicles need time to reload.
Do not put yourself in a compromising position. Become too fast or too far from harm.

I hope this helped.

It’s not dead you just have either crappy drivers or shooters easy as that.

as well as the DMR rips vehicles apart and the ghost has garbage balance and splattering… i go to hit someone and they bounce off and i flip over… ???

It’s kinda baffling to see so many threads about “vehicles being useless” in Halo 4. What, do you expect for the vehicle to stay the whole match killing guys with little to no opposition? Then the game would be terribly unbalanced. Get a good driver or learn how to drive properly and you’ll dodge most of the shots. Not to mention, even if the vehicle is destroyed, it usually gets a few kills, or the whole enemy team focuses on destroying it, which gives a fair advantage to your team to take them out.

I’ve seen Operators wreck with vehicles. Get an Operator driving a Warthog while a Pathfinder guns? Boy howdy.

> You know what’s wrong with vehicle gameplay in Halo 4? People don’t work as a team.
> You can’t just lone wolf everything. You need teammates to work with you.

It takes two to operate a Warthog.

> What, do you expect for the vehicle to stay the whole match killing guys with little to no opposition?

Not with a Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher , Sniper Rifle, Brute Shots, and Missile Pods on the map.

But those things aren’t there, and now you spawn with plasmas instead.

Do you see how all these changes tie into each other now? You don’t need low-hp vehicles in order to have them balanced, just good map design and plenty of strategy.

All that changed was the depth in taking them out has been removed. Power weapons are all random and you spawn with counters to vehicles anyways.

What the two posts above me said^^

As for the OP, I would have to disagree with you. First of all i didn’t even notice lower vehicle play, every vehicle i see in big team slayer is always being utilized and i still get run over by random ghosts all the time.

Second of all, you’re looking at it from the vehicle user’s perspective, one of my BIGGEST problems with reach was that you couldn’t find plasma pistols easily, and when you found them you couldn’t find plasma grenades anywhere on the damn maps. They also placed single grenades instead of pairs which was useless because you can’t kill most vehicles with one, and if you missed the throw you were done.

I enjoy the hell the out of single handedly taking down vehicles and reach never satisfied me in that area unless i was playing elite slayer (which no one voted for). I feel halo 4 is actually better in that sense as vehicles aren’t annoying and require more tactics to use. Also consider the fact that there is no more armor lock so taking down ghosts is way harder.

> What the two posts above me said^^
>
> As for the OP, I would have to disagree with you. First of all i didn’t even notice lower vehicle play, every vehicle i see in big team slayer is always being utilized and i still get run over by random ghosts all the time.
>
> Second of all, you’re looking at it from the vehicle user’s perspective, one of my BIGGEST problems with reach was that you couldn’t find plasma pistols easily, and when you found them you couldn’t find plasma grenades anywhere on the damn maps. They also placed single grenades instead of pairs which was useless because you can’t kill most vehicles with one, and if you missed the throw you were done.
>
> I enjoy the hell out of single handedly taking down vehicles and reach never satisfied me in that area unless i was playing elite slayer (which no one voted for). I feel halo 4 is actually better in that sense as vehicles aren’t annoying and require more tactics to use. Also consider the fact that there is no more armor lock so taking down ghosts is way harder.

1. I envy you. No one ever drives me, or no one ever guns for me.

2. This was never an issue in Halo 3. Try playing Sandtrap for instance, power weapons and vehicles are everywhere.

3. Vehicles aren’t meant to be taken down by one person. Yes, vehicles do require more strategy to use now, but taking them down has never been easier.

oh excellent, another ‘i can’t kill -Yoink!- easily in a vehicle all game’ thread.

good players in vehicles do well (ghosts on complex, mantis on rangnarok, tank and gauss hog on any map stupid enough to feature one or both [ahem, exile]), poor players get taken out as they should.

good teams coordinate to eliminate vehicle threats and establish vehicle dominance, bad teams hold out for solo kills and personal stats and end up getting shredded.

pretty easy to tell which categories you fall into if you’re complaining.

Well for one, if you have a Warthog Driver, whos charging a Wrath or a Tank, pretty good signal to hop out and haul -Yoink- the other way.

If you have a Gunner who hits everything but the enemy team, good signal to jump out and haul -Yoink-.

I’ve gotten Overkills and Killing Frenzy’s with the Tank, it isn’t hard to do especially on Exile.

The Banshee, all you gotta do is basically keep an eye out for people with PP’s.

> > What the two posts above me said^^
> >
> > As for the OP, I would have to disagree with you. First of all i didn’t even notice lower vehicle play, every vehicle i see in big team slayer is always being utilized and i still get run over by random ghosts all the time.
> >
> > Second of all, you’re looking at it from the vehicle user’s perspective, one of my BIGGEST problems with reach was that you couldn’t find plasma pistols easily, and when you found them you couldn’t find plasma grenades anywhere on the damn maps. They also placed single grenades instead of pairs which was useless because you can’t kill most vehicles with one, and if you missed the throw you were done.
> >
> > I enjoy the hell out of single handedly taking down vehicles and reach never satisfied me in that area unless i was playing elite slayer (which no one voted for). I feel halo 4 is actually better in that sense as vehicles aren’t annoying and require more tactics to use. Also consider the fact that there is no more armor lock so taking down ghosts is way harder.
>
> 1. I envy you. No one ever drives me, or no one ever guns for me.
>
> 2. This was never an issue in Halo 3. Try playing Sandtrap for instance, power weapons and vehicles are everywhere.
>
> 3. <mark>Vehicles aren’t meant to be taken down by one person.</mark> Yes, vehicles do require more strategy to use now, but taking them down has never been easier.

I still remember when a Banshee could withstand a damn Tank Shell!!

I have been going on some serious rampages with vehicles recently, it’s all about playing them correctly and not trying to lone wolf and entire enemy team.

> I have been going on some serious rampages with vehicles recently, it’s all about playing them correctly and not trying to lone wolf and entire enemy team.

i personally feel like this game features the most fair, balanced vehicle gaameplay, with the exception of the guass hog everything is a good balance of deadly and weak or a bit harder to kill but having longer kill times.

I see 0 issue with PP and plasma grenades off spawn especially for big team

I get more frustrated with Plasma grenades when on foot, every scrub just throws them as a last resort when they rush into a certain death situation. Tired of everyone have the ability to stick me versus winning a gun fight.

vehicles are junk. I get good sprees too in them but against a skilled team there useless to attack with and can only be a defensive tool to stop map movement or a transport.

> but against a skilled team…

lolwut?