I feel like this NEEDS to be said

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from posting flamebaits.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So yea i’ve been a hardcore Halo fan since the beginning and i must say, i really not sure how people are complaining so hard or even at all for the matter. H4 is pure perfection in nearly every way. I feel like i got way more than $60 entitles me to and i feel like 343i put way too much time and effort into this game. All the Halo 4 doesn’t feel like Halo crap has to stop! H4 feels EXACTLY like Halo should, it’s pretty much the best of all Halos plus a bunch of great new stuff. Do people not have anything better to do with their life than complain? Like i said i’ve been a hardcore fan since the beginning and i honestly can only find a handful of things that really merit complaints. 343i gave us the most polished and advanced game probably to ever be created on any medium and yet all i see on the forums is 343i sucks, they catered to the noobs, etc… Every little detail of this game was thought through meticulously and perfected. The visuals are nothing short of stunning, the little things are all done right, the gameplay feels exactly like a Halo game should, and above all this game is pretty much flawless in every way. If 343i were to try and sell me a rebranded version of H3, guess what, i probably wouldn’t buy it. IMO they took this franchise and brought it to another level. The game still has the skill-gap and is still tons of fun. All the change made to Halo 4 unquestionably feel like they belong in the game. H4 isn’t just different than past Halos, it’s exponentially better in every single category. I’ve thought all of these things from the beginning and after many hours on Halo 4, guess what? I still feel the exact same way. So to all the complainers i have a question for you… are you being serious or just trolling?

343i if your reading this don’t let the hater get to you, Halo 4 is the best Halo BY FAR and the best console shooter BY FAR. I honestly can’t see how this game can get any better. Why can’t we have more companies like 343i?

There we go, i said it. Let the flaming begin :slight_smile:

I shall flame you! With ice!

The Enter key is your friend!

But anyways, yeah, I believe that 343 did a great job and that Halo 4 is a great game. It still has a lot of flaws, though. Like no Theater mode for Campaign/Spartan Ops, the Custom Games options (or lack thereof), and the weapon balancing (which will be taken care of in a few hours).

The most important thing for them to do was the Campaign. And, save for perhaps not explaining one or two things well, it’s flawless. So say what you will about the multiplayer, but the Campaign is probably the best one in a Halo game, ever.

For their first game, 343 did a great job. That’s extra important when you consider that they’re picking up the Halo franchise, so it’s not just a first game.

With the lessons learned from Halo 4, now that they have their feet wet, Halo 5 will undoubtedly be an amazing game.

> So yea i’ve been a hardcore Halo fan since the beginning and i must say, i really not sure how people are complaining so hard or even at all for the matter.

Because people have different opinions and expectations that you do.

> H4 is pure perfection in nearly every way.

No. No game is truly perfect. If you consider less gametypes, custom options, no Theater support for Campaign or Spartan Ops and an unintuitive user interface “perfection”…well we aren’t going to agree much if at all.

> I feel like i got way more than $60 entitles me to and i feel like 343i put way too much time and effort into this game. All the Halo 4 doesn’t feel like Halo crap has to stop! H4 feels EXACTLY like Halo should, it’s pretty much the best of all Halos plus a bunch of great new stuff.

I am curious if you will go in-depth on this topic because, naturally, I disagree. Gone are the weapon on the maps except for the initial ordinance and random ordinance that leads to unbalanced gameplay. Custom Loadouts and ordinance Drops also compound this issue. Heck, it practically ruined vehicle combat as now anybody can spawn with a Plasma Pistol and wreak any vehicle.

> Do people not have anything better to do with their life than complain? Like i said i’ve been a hardcore fan since the beginning and i honestly can only find a handful of things that really merit complaints.

You being a veteran isn’t relevant, you garner no points for saying so.

> 343i gave us the most polished and advanced game probably to ever be created on any medium and yet all i see on the forums is 343i sucks, they catered to the noobs, etc… Every little detail of this game was thought through meticulously and perfected.

If the game is so polished, why do some of Reach’s glitches still exist like Ghosts spontaneously flying across the map? Why is there a weapon tuning update coming out TOMORROW if the balance is there? The game has ton of flaws and 343i are working on them. But to say the game is perfect is sheer ignorance and factually incorrect.

> The visuals are nothing short of stunning,

Not at a distance they aren’t.

> the little things are all done right, the gameplay feels exactly like a Halo game should, and above all this game is pretty much flawless in every way.

Are you going to explain HOW the gameplay feels good?

> If 343i were to try and sell me a rebranded version of H3, guess what, i probably wouldn’t buy it. IMO they took this franchise and brought it to another level. The game still has the skill-gap and is still tons of fun. All the change made to Halo 4 unquestionably feel like they belong in the game. H4 isn’t just different than past Halos, it’s exponentially better in every single category. I’ve thought all of these things from the beginning and after many hours on Halo 4, guess what? I still feel the exact same way. So to all the complainers i have a question for you… <mark>are you being serious or just trolling?</mark>

I can ask the same thing. You have not once gone into any detail about how the gameplay is exactly like how Halo should be or how the skill gap is intact or how every detail is perfect.

> 343i if your reading this don’t let the hater get to you, Halo 4 is the best Halo BY FAR and the best console shooter BY FAR. I honestly can’t see how this game can get any better. Why can’t we have more companies like 343i?

So they should ignore any negative feedback and not improve? That is a recipe for failure.

> There we go, i said it. Let the flaming begin :slight_smile:

So you are merely looking to provoke a response and cause some drama, that is what I gather from this statement.

H4 is a good game with a few flaws. This game has come a long way from how it launched though.

Hopefully 343i will take the lessons learned from this game and make H5 amazing.

I personally don’t like the unbalanced gameplay of Infinity Slayer. Maybe slot machine power weapons just aren’t my thing…

> I personally don’t like the unbalanced gameplay of Infinity Slayer. Maybe slot machine power weapons just aren’t my thing…

I can count the things i legitimately have a problem with in H4 on one hand. Ordinance drops is one of them.

I feel that 343i evolved the Halo formula. They did some things wonderfully and other things terribly. My biggest grevience with 343 is that they have taken far to long to address said problems.

> I feel that 343i evolved the Halo formula. They did some things wonderfully and other things terribly. My biggest grevience with 343 is that they have taken far to long to address said problems.

I’m not sure I can agree that they “evolved” the formula. They certainly mutated it, but mutations can be good or bad. A sizable portion of older fans were turned off by the new direction and players from games that Halo 4 borrowed concepts from were unimpressed and went back to their prior games. What beneficial things brought to the table handicapped older ones.

Vehicle combat, for example, was a staple of Halo since the start. However, Loadouts allow any player to disable vehicles with the Plasma Pistol and kill them with Plasma Grenades. If this is combat evolved…then it is an African mammoth.

To be honest I only miss map control. That is it eveything else is fine. I am a little annoyed with how vehicles can be countered a lot easier now but half of the time people can’t aim an emp blast or throw a geranade in the right spot.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

> To be honest I only miss map control.

You mean camping?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

this is a joke right? No really no one can be this blindly ignorant to the many flaws/problems this game has that is clearly far from what halo truly use to be. And even though this doesn’t really add any credibility to my statement, I have been playing halo since Combat Evolved too, and if you can’t see the many changes this franchise has suffered from (chaotic ordinance drops,customizable loadouts, unbalanced weapons,Armor Abilities, etc)…well I’m sorry but your just a blind fanboy.
This game is not perfection either, but then again no game is.

> > To be honest I only miss map control.
>
> You mean camping?

No, that’s still in Halo 4, just only worse now due to Camo being an Armor Ability still. Still, why is knowing the spawn locations and timers of weapons and being able to lock own areas a bad thing? Yeah, it sucks to be on the receiving in, but you can’t argue against it being tactical unsound.

As much as I like Halo 4, there are several flaws that really prevent the game from being really good.

Weapon Balance update may remedy issues regarding to custom options being pointless and weapon variety.

Loadouts, something I looked forward to, is currently unbalanced. Players being able to effectively spawn with a shotgun(BS), a slower killing sniper(DMR) and a combo as effective as an anti-vehicle rocket(PP/PG) gives players way to much power. Small maps become too easy to defend with BS. DMRs not only snuffed out LR use due to its superior range, gave players hardly any breathing room to run safely in some maps, and vehicle combat with multi-person vehicles became crap, especially the warthog.

And lots more. Halo 4 improved in some aspects, but the overly-done ideas keeps it from being a really good game. If loadouts were more similar to GoW, a game very similar to Halo, loadouts wouldn’t be so bad( though weapon balance would still be an issue regardless due to their previous mindset) and could fix a god chunk of problems there. Halo 4 is fun, but there are some aspects that makes Reach better to be honesst.

Halo 4 is a fantastic beta compared to the beta that was vanilla Reach. The polish is coming, which is good news. It will probably need more work to make it as good as Anniversary though.

Best Halo ever? Ehhhh.

A great game? Definitely!

If they made a no-sprint playlist, then I’d say it is.