I feel like I have gotten worse at Halo 4.

Ok so the other day I was playing with my PGL (Pro Gaming League) friends and I was completely dominating. I was carrying my team every game and out BRing everybody. But then I went to sleep, woke up and sucked worse than a casual player. I lost a game to a bunch of casuals. I was missing shots and I lost many BR battles.

I felt like a scrub. Is there any reason for this happening? Why am I missing shots all of a sudden? Does anybody else have this problem?

Yes.

Maybe you hit a plateau.

Try not to think about the shots you are missing, or things that you know you did wrong, but focus on getting better at things you know you can improve on.

Those shots will fall in your favor once again.

Off-days happen.

yeah but this has gone on for 2 days in a row now.

Dont worry, I have so many bad days its unbelievable, im probably the most unconsistent player u will ever meet. Some days i play team throwdown and come top, and some days i -Yoinking!- lose to actual noobs, this is not an exaggeration, i wish it was

Consistency is the last skill to perfect, in halo as in anything else in this world. to perform well all the time. Just hang in there and keep practicing. You may have stopped getting better but you can become more consistent.

This happens to me every once in a while. All I have to do is take a break from the game and I go play a different game for a few days

Happens to me to sometimes. What I’m pretty sure caused it for me was that I would get behind in kills, and then try to make up for it by rushing in and trying to get as many kills as I could as quickly as I could. Of course, we all know that rushing blindly into battle is a surefire way to die.

So when you start playing poorly, try to keep in mind that you’re probably just having an off-game and you’re not really like this. Slow down and don’t try so hard. I’ll sometimes play a game or two of Action Sack or something noncompetitive to warm up so I’ve got the aiming down. Might also try some Spartan Ops or something as well.

When your sitting around doubting yourself just think about me and how I will forever be the worst player on these forums. Smile a little bit and just remember, “I might have just had a bad game or two, but at least I am better than Analbumcover.”

I play this game almost everyday and I get my bad days. It happens time to time, just take a break from halo maybe a week or a day then come back and give it a try. Works for me.

Are you sure it’s not just a minor increase in Lag?

If your slightly lagged it could throw your timing off enough that your missing now when you were hitting before. It might not be even be that noticeable either.

My situation is extremely bad, of my 1400 war games games I go 16:1 (K:D) (I don’t use Cammo or a sniper rifle either) when lag is low, as bad as 0:10 (K:D) when lag is bad then the average is around 12:10 (K:D).

I just gave up on H4 because there are no connection filters (as in previous Halo titles) to try and address the lag issues and went back to Reach. Using the “Best Connection” filter, 5% of my Reach BTB games are lagged, whereas 70% of my H4 games are lagged by 0.5+ seconds. Other titles play fine too - just H4 lags consistently.

> Are you sure it’s not just a minor increase in Lag?
>
> If your slightly lagged it could throw your timing off enough that your missing now when you were hitting before. It might not be even be that noticeable either.
>
> My situation is extremely bad, of my 1400 war games games I go 16:1 (K:D) (I don’t use Cammo or a sniper rifle either) when lag is low, as bad as 0:10 (K:D) when lag is bad then the average is around 12:10 (K:D).
>
> I just gave up on H4 because there are no connection filters (as in previous Halo titles) to try and address the lag issues and went back to Reach. Using the “Best Connection” filter, 5% of my Reach BTB games are lagged, whereas 70% of my H4 games are lagged by 0.5+ seconds. Other titles play fine too - just H4 lags consistently.

No, it lags alot but that isn’t the problem. I keep missing shots and I don’t know why. I hardly ever missed before.

> yeah but this has gone on for 2 days in a row now.

I have bad weeks, and it honestly gets to me, cause I’m in love with Halo.

Then I have awesome games (multiple double kills with Sniper or AR).

When I’m mad at myself on bad days, I get worse.

> When your sitting around doubting yourself just think about me and how I will forever be the worst player on these forums. Smile a little bit and just remember, “I might have just had a bad game or two, but at least I am better than Analbumcover.”

LOL at your name’s alternative name

If you want to be consistent you need to warm up and have a positive mindset. Get a friend and go into just a casual 1v1. You could also play BTB or Action Sack as long as you are using similar skills to those you would use in your PGL games. Warming up in gaming sounds stupid but it helps allot as it gets you used to the controller and the flow of the game despite playing the game only the night before.

The worst thing you can do is go into a game fully unprepared and not hydrated, start playing badly and in turn putting yourself into a negative mindset which effects how you play. I have done this mistake more times than not which have led to some really sloppy plays. You get angry and you stop thinking. Getting out of that negative mindset is hard but ultimately thinking your doing bad and getting into a
rage will have a very negative effect on how you play.

You can’t get “worse” at something, you can only get better. Doing bad is a way of improving if you have that mindset that wants to improve. Think about where you went wrong and learn from your mistakes. This can be done by watching replays however I think your problem is just a negative mindset which you need to escape.

As others have pointed out, off days happen. Happens to me on occasion.

> This happens to me every once in a while. All I have to do is take a break from the game and I go play a different game for a few days

Or this. Take a break for a bit, come back and you’ll be fine. I did it in Reach and I’ve done it in Halo 4.

Pretty sure this happens a bit in all players. For example, i play better than an average halo player and sometimes i miss so many shots and get killed so many times by less skilled players…

All i have to do is take a break from halo and play other games instead. This will fresh your fingers to play.

It happens. Not just to you, but to me, and probably most (if not all) other Halo players.

I am not consistent with my performance at all lolol.

It happens! Even to me, sometimes I don’t do so good. My aim is not always true.

Ok I took a break for a few hours and I still keep missing shots. I’ll take a break from Halo 4 tommorow for the whole day and I will see what happens. I hope I can still compete in PGL soon and get my skill back.

Like others have said, it can all be a mental game.

It’s like an old adage in basketball;

A shooter that is missing their shots must keep shooting.
Once they see one fall, they can catch fire in an instant.