I feel cheated.

First off, this is MY opinion. I am fine if you don’t like/agree with my opinion. I am not here to simply say “HALO 4 AM TEH SUX”. I am here to express my disappointment with this game.

I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: CE. I own a copy of every Halo game on Xbox except for Wars, and Halo and Halo 2 for Vista. I feel that every one of the games in the original trilogy appealed to a very broad audience. The games were fun to play both competitively and casually.

Reach was a step in a different direction. It did some things very well and others not so well. A lot of people disliked this game solely because it was different. They felt it just drew ideas from Call of Duty. I thought Halo 4 could take these downsides and either fix them or get rid of them.

In the days following November 6th, I thought Halo 4 was the greatest thing to ever happen to anything ever. After the novelty died down, it quickly became apparent that this game was intended for fans of other shooters, instead of fans who turned Halo into the multi billion dollar franchise it is.

Originally, and I know I’m beating a dead horse, is the lack of major competitive aspects of Halo, and the dumbing down of the ones that are in this game. Some examples:

• kill/point rewards. Halo doesn’t need these. Every other game flows just fine without them, and I really don’t think they work with Halo’s sandbox.
  • The DMR. I feel like I HAVE to use this gun to compete half of the time. It dominates everything.
  • The BR. Should have stayed 4 shot. It’s recoil and lower range than the DMR should have been more than enough to valence it put.

To make matters worse, 343i chooses not to address major complaints the community has. Instead of enabling skill ranks in game or adjusting weapon balance, we get playlists like FFA throwback. While people wanted an FFA playlist, they wanted a classic slayer FFA playlist, not objective, something people stated time and time again.

I guess I’m straying from the point here, but the TL;DR version of this post is that I really want to like this game, but you are really making it hard for me to do that, 343.

I apologize for any mistakes, I typed this on my phone.

Your title is a misrepresentation of the body of your message. :=|

NOTE: The DMR is a very disturbing weapon. Not sure why they would make it so dominant and not do anything about it. :=(

> First off, this is MY opinion. I am fine if you don’t like/agree with my opinion. I am not here to simply say “HALO 4 AM TEH SUX”. I am here to express my disappointment with this game.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: CE. I own a copy of every Halo game on Xbox except for Wars, and Halo and Halo 2 for Vista. I feel that every one of the games in the original trilogy appealed to a very broad audience. The games were fun to play both competitively and casually.
>
> Reach was a step in a different direction. It did some things very well and others not so well. A lot of people disliked this game solely because it was different. They felt it just drew ideas from Call of Duty. I thought Halo 4 could take these downsides and either fix them or get rid of them.
>
> In the days following November 6th, I thought Halo 4 was the greatest thing to ever happen to anything ever. After the novelty died down, it quickly became apparent that this game was intended for fans of other shooters, instead of fans who turned Halo into the multi billion dollar franchise it is.
>
> Originally, and I know I’m beating a dead horse, is the lack of major competitive aspects of Halo, and the dumbing down of the ones that are in this game. Some examples:
>
> - kill/point rewards. Halo doesn’t need these. Every other game flows just fine without them, and I really don’t think they work with Halo’s sandbox.
> - The DMR. I feel like I HAVE to use this gun to compete half of the time. It dominates everything.
> - The BR. Should have stayed 4 shot. It’s recoil and lower range than the DMR should have been more than enough to valence it put.
>
> To make matters worse, 343i chooses not to address major complaints the community has. Instead of enabling skill ranks in game or adjusting weapon balance, we get playlists like FFA throwback. While people wanted an FFA playlist, they wanted a classic slayer FFA playlist, not objective, something people stated time and time again.
>
> I guess I’m straying from the point here, but the TL;DR version of this post is that I really want to like this game, but you are really making it hard for me to do that, 343.
>
> I apologize for any mistakes, I typed this on my phone.

While I understand your point of view, I have played Halo since the first title as I have all halo games too, for a reason in all halo games the multiplayer wasn’t something, I was interesting in always the campaign brought my attention, halo is a game that make me love FPS games, every halo game brought something new to the table, something special, the first time multiplayer brought my attention for the first time is a game name section 8 a sci fi game, after time went by I became more interested in PVP games like crysis 2, warhammer 40k, section 8 prejudice and other games my skills became better, halo started all this passion for FPS now that halo 4 came out I can say after many generation of halo games halo 4 has giving me this love for its multiplayer, I have stop playing my fav game that i have over 1000 hours and I have being playing halo 4 none stop hopefully this amazing game keeps me busy for months to come

> I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: CE. I own a copy of every Halo game on Xbox except for Wars, and Halo and Halo 2 for Vista.

Why must every disliker post start with this? We don’t care what you’ve played.

> > I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: CE. I own a copy of every Halo game on Xbox except for Wars, and Halo and Halo 2 for Vista.
>
> Why must every disliker post start with this? We don’t care what you’ve played.

Didn’t you hear? It makes their opinion more important than everyone else’s apparently.

They may fix the DMR or not, in truth with the steady aa and the br you can kill faster then the DMR, because the shot that drops the shields with the BR also kills if its a head shot, but the DMR you need to shoot one more time. So if you can stay on target ( Use the steady ) then you can win out with the BR, also in SWAT the br is more forgiving i have been killed countless times buy the people strafing with the br it opens the spread and takes you out quick.

But to the point 343i said that they will work on the game/server issues, then do balancing. So before they do the whole fix this gun or not, they have to finish with the lag and other problems, this is what the TU focused on with the JIP and Lag issues. So it may be some time before they can fix the guns, if they are going to do it. But in truth it could come down to them saying that age old thing we love to say but hate to hear “Your doing it wrong.”

Good Hunting Spartans,
Rabid Kiwi

> > > I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: CE. I own a copy of every Halo game on Xbox except for Wars, and Halo and Halo 2 for Vista.
> >
> > Why must every disliker post start with this? We don’t care what you’ve played.
>
> Didn’t you hear? It makes their opinion more important than everyone else’s apparently.

No offense, but using sarcasm isn’t doing you any good.

Most people use the comparison to show how much the game has changed. I just shake my head sometimes at the sheer lack of skill to use these weapons. I remember when it was actually hard to use the minimum amount of bullets to kill people, now it’s just pew pew pew dead, instant spawn, clean up your the person you red-barred and move along.

Well incessant complaining on these forums isn’t doing any good either, gotta do my part to help out.

> They may fix the DMR or not, in truth with the steady aa and the br you can kill faster then the DMR, because the shot that drops the shields with the BR also kills if its a head shot, but the DMR you need to shoot one more time. So if you can stay on target ( Use the steady ) then you can win out with the BR, also in SWAT the br is more forgiving i have been killed countless times buy the people strafing with the br it opens the spread and takes you out quick.
>
> But to the point 343i said that they will work on the game/server issues, then do balancing. So before they do the whole fix this gun or not, they have to finish with the lag and other problems, this is what the TU focused on with the JIP and Lag issues. So it may be some time before they can fix the guns, if they are going to do it. But in truth it could come down to them saying that age old thing we love to say but hate to hear “Your doing it wrong.”
>
>
> Good Hunting Spartans,
> Rabid Kiwi

No, the BR requires 13 bullets to kill, NOT 12. It cannot kill in 4 bursts like you imply. 12 bullets will lower shields, or 4 bursts, then one bullet from the 5th burst.