I feel bad for the younger players.

By younger players, I mean the players that almost all of us instatnly mute the moment they talk. you know. But in all reality it’s kind of sad that we do discriminate against kids like that, you know? Kids copy what they hear and what they see, so if we have an annoying loud mouth kid, cussing up a storm. We can only blame our selves. Now of course Halo is a Mature game (M) so we tend to think we can just do what we want and say what we want and so forth, but that’s not true. We all know the kids are on here and we know that they are suseptiable to what we say, by treating them poorly and being disrespectful to them we are teaching them that, this kind of behavior is okay. And I don’t care where your from, but it’s not. So, whats my point? The golden rule to be honest with you “treat other’s the way you want to be treated” if there is a kid who is just super annoying and is a loud mouth don’t tell hime to “shut up” move your lazy fingers and hit the mute button. Dopn’t start unnescisary arguments. I mean if your fighting with an 8 year old. Thats sad, and you wont even know it at the time but that 8 year old owns you. If he or she is 8 and your 20 or so and they get under your skin, thats pathetic. Be the man or women you are and mute em or call them out. Be the bigger person. That all I ask, I mean im a teenager and I don’t talk on the mic, you know why because there are people out there who just cuss you out for know reason and it does nt make for a fun gaming inviroment, I mean if you want to cuss and be a loud mouth with your friends, Thats a what a XBL Party mode is for. Please make talking safe and fun, and remember just because its M doesn’t mean everyone playing is 17+

> By younger players, I mean the players that almost all of us instatnly mute the moment they talk. you know. But in all reality it’s kind of sad that we do discriminate against kids like that, you know? Kids copy what they hear and what they see, so if we have an annoying loud mouth kid, cussing up a storm. We can only blame our selves. Now of course Halo is a Mature game (M) so we tend to think we can just do what we want and say what we want and so forth, but that’s not true. We all know the kids are on here and we know that they are suseptiable to what we say, by treating them poorly and being disrespectful to them we are teaching them that, this kind of behavior is okay. And I don’t care where your from, but it’s not. So, whats my point? The golden rule to be honest with you “treat other’s the way you want to be treated” if there is a kid who is just super annoying and is a loud mouth don’t tell hime to “shut up” move your lazy fingers and hit the mute button. Dopn’t start unnescisary arguments. I mean if your fighting with an 8 year old. Thats sad, and you wont even know it at the time but that 8 year old owns you. If he or she is 8 and your 20 or so and they get under your skin, thats pathetic. Be the man or women you are and mute em or call them out. Be the bigger person. That all I ask, I mean im a teenager and I don’t talk on the mic, you know why because there are people out there who just cuss you out for know reason and it does nt make for a fun gaming inviroment, I mean if you want to cuss and be a loud mouth with your friends, Thats a what a XBL Party mode is for. Please make talking safe and fun, and remember just because its M doesn’t mean everyone playing is 17+

You are right, there is no way to counter your argument really. I remember when I first started playing on XBL I was 13, but I didn’t use a mic. When I turned 14 I finally got a mic and was never really yelled at, but occasionally when I would play CoD 4 there would me people only a couple years older who would cuss me out and shout/scream at me . . . and only because I was 4 years younger than them. Its been a couple years now and people don’t make fun of me for my age (as I am older, it comes with the territory), but people are still huge aholes. It’s impossible to excape it and sometimes I agree that older people can be less mature than younger people.

I sometimes play with my younger brother now (we live in different houses) and he has a mic. He is was 10 when he started and often got made fun of for his age, but he never did anything. He never even used to retaliate. Its been a year now and he cusses and spits, I just can’t stand playing with him anymore. So I blame our generation of gamers for ruining the next.

Btw, add paragraphs to your post. Makes it easier to read.

They copy what they hear. They are playing a mature rated game…therefore they start throwing cuss words around everywhere and flaming people, because they don’t realize there is an extent to which older people do it.
The game is designed really for teenagers and higher. If the kids want to play, its fine with me, Im just going to treat them the same way i treat everyone else on XBL-if they annoy me, i will mute them.

You feel sorry for the younger players?

I feel sorry for my ears.

Sorry but parents should not be buying kids games were they just curse away all day at a TV Screen.

> > By younger players, I mean the players that almost all of us instatnly mute the moment they talk. you know. But in all reality it’s kind of sad that we do discriminate against kids like that, you know? Kids copy what they hear and what they see, so if we have an annoying loud mouth kid, cussing up a storm. We can only blame our selves. Now of course Halo is a Mature game (M) so we tend to think we can just do what we want and say what we want and so forth, but that’s not true. We all know the kids are on here and we know that they are suseptiable to what we say, by treating them poorly and being disrespectful to them we are teaching them that, this kind of behavior is okay. And I don’t care where your from, but it’s not. So, whats my point? The golden rule to be honest with you “treat other’s the way you want to be treated” if there is a kid who is just super annoying and is a loud mouth don’t tell hime to “shut up” move your lazy fingers and hit the mute button. Dopn’t start unnescisary arguments. I mean if your fighting with an 8 year old. Thats sad, and you wont even know it at the time but that 8 year old owns you. If he or she is 8 and your 20 or so and they get under your skin, thats pathetic. Be the man or women you are and mute em or call them out. Be the bigger person. That all I ask, I mean im a teenager and I don’t talk on the mic, you know why because there are people out there who just cuss you out for know reason and it does nt make for a fun gaming inviroment, I mean if you want to cuss and be a loud mouth with your friends, Thats a what a XBL Party mode is for. Please make talking safe and fun, and remember just because its M doesn’t mean everyone playing is 17+
>
> You are right, there is no way to counter your argument really. I remember when I first started playing on XBL I was 13, but I didn’t use a mic. When I turned 14 I finally got a mic and was never really yelled at, but occasionally when I would play CoD 4 there would me people only a couple years older who would cuss me out and shout/scream at me . . . and only because I was 4 years younger than them. Its been a couple years now and people don’t make fun of me for my age (as I am older, it comes with the territory), but people are still huge aholes. It’s impossible to excape it and sometimes I agree that older people can be less mature than younger people.
>
> I sometimes play with my younger brother now (we live in different houses) and he has a mic. He is was 10 when he started and often got made fun of for his age, but he never did anything. He never even used to retaliate. Its been a year now and he cusses and spits, I just can’t stand playing with him anymore. So I blame our generation of gamers for ruining the next.
>
> Btw, add paragraphs to your post. Makes it easier to read.

lol will do yeah, I always forget my paragraphs! hahaha

> You feel sorry for the younger players?
>
> I feel sorry for my ears.
>
> Sorry but parents should not be buying kids games were they just curse away all day at a TV Screen.

Which brings up another good point, It’s also the parents responibility. They need to regulate it if there going to allow there youngsters to play M games. I mean my parents did, I started out on XBL when IU was 8, my dad let me create my account on my own but he made sure UI regestered as a child account, that way he could limit what I hear and who I can talk to over XBL. (lol now I wish he didn’t do that, you know how much cool stuff you miss out on bye having a child account! hahaha)

Just to counter argue by the way,

You suggested using the Xbox LIVE Party System, I fully agree on this but there is a slight flaw,

What if I went in Solo or with just a few friends perhaps and we were looking to find some other peeps to add/play with and we also had another ‘kid’ on our team who was talking like a penguin.

I am forced to mute the child so I can even come close to saying hello to the other guy.

OP brings up a great irrefutable point. Kids are very impressionable, a lot of kids love games, they’ll encounter people who do not think about what they are doing…and then soon enough the kid becomes that way.

Now of course outside of games it can be done just the same and if they come in like that on their own, then that isn’t our fault.

Heck, I’m 14 myself, you could never tell by my voice on LIVE, or in person, and when I get into a game I know is going to make me angry, I don’t even mute my mic, I unplug it and toss it aside because not everyone wants to hear someone vent their frustration every two seconds.

> OP brings up a great irrefutable point. Kids are very impressionable, a lot of kids love games, they’ll encounter people who do not think about what they are doing…and then soon enough the kid becomes that way.
>
>
> Now of course outside of games it can be done just the same and if they come in like that on their own, then that isn’t our fault.
>
>
>
> Heck, I’m 14 myself, you could never tell by my voice on LIVE, or in person, and when I get into a game I know is going to make me angry, I don’t even mute my mic, I unplug it and toss it aside because not everyone wants to hear someone vent their frustration every two seconds.

I’m the same way, In fact the only time I have my mic in is when I’m in a party with friends, that way I’m not bugging other people annd I can be a little more car free with my words.

> OP brings up a great irrefutable point. Kids are very impressionable, a lot of kids love games, they’ll encounter people who do not think about what they are doing…and then soon enough the kid becomes that way.
>
>
> Now of course outside of games it can be done just the same and if they come in like that on their own, then that isn’t our fault.
>
>
>
> Heck, I’m 14 myself, you could never tell by my voice on LIVE, or in person, and when I get into a game I know is going to make me angry, I don’t even mute my mic, I unplug it and toss it aside because not everyone wants to hear someone vent their frustration every two seconds.

I’m not gonna lie, I though you were like 20+ years old when you defend the game mechanics on other threads. I’m 17 and I can’t come up with such replies like that.

I basically mute every time a kid speaks on the mic. (Can’t stand the squeaks).

I do feel bad for the kids in a way. I grew up playing Zelda, Golden Eye and Banjo Kazooie. We didn’t have online capabilities, so this is the kids period of making memories. Their “growing up” games. It just so happens that these games have internet access.

While I do mute kids automatically, I mute EVERYBODY automatically, unless I’m in a tactical teamwork mood. I just hate the ones that like to cuss and -Yoink!-.

I especially love the ones that -Yoink!- when they didn’t even get the kill. I kind of see it as a “hunter-gatherer” thing. Haha.

I hope you mute them through your audio and video options, not in lobby. That’s one step further for everyone getting a mute ban which lasts forever, when they didn’t warrant it.

I mute the other team through audio and video, mainly because I’m in a clan that has many negative preconceived notions about it (KSI).

> I hope you mute them through your audio and video options, not in lobby. That’s one step further for everyone getting a mute ban which lasts forever, when they didn’t warrant it.
>
>
>
> I mute the other team through audio and video, mainly because I’m in a clan that has many negative preconceived notions about it (KSI).

Really?!
I always though that mute ban was just a week long ban. But a perma-ban?! That’s a game breaker.

Well if thats the case than i feel sad for the mature gamer that sings Justin Bieber over his mic while playing Halo. Sorry but if you have a high pitch voice and you are singing, Screaming or just being obnoxious you are going to get muted. You know what i even mute older gamers if they are doing the same thing.

<4 <343

I don’t even know where to begin, OP. So I’ll just throw out some general statements.

It is not the fault of the gaming population if a kid mindlessly screams out insults and profanities. It is the fault of his parents, who are clearly too stupid to even adhere to ESRB ratings, let alone supervise their child like they ought to. Given that information, the gaming population’s behavior toward squeakers is entirely irrelevant to how those squeakers behave. Squeakers’ parents are clearly and obviously incompetent, so squeakers are going to misbehave and generally fail epicly regardless of how we act toward them.

A mindless, infantile squeaker getting under your skin does not constitute that squeaker “owning” you, nor is it in any way “pathetic”. The only thing that such an event proves is that said squeaker is incapable of obeying proper social protocol, and hence they have incurred the wrath of the people that they choose to disrespect. It does not indicate a lack of patience or maturity on the part of those who are annoyed; it only indicates a lack of intelligence and maturity on the part of the squeaker.

It is a Mature-rated game. It is not our job to be considerate toward children who play it because those children should not be playing it. Frankly, if someone acts aggressively toward a squeaker in voice chat, it’s the squeaker’s parents’ fault for letting the squeaker play a game that they should not be playing. Sins of the father passed down to his son, and all that.

Allow me to demonstrate my point with a metaphor.

Let’s say that John Doe throws his child into piranha-infested waters. If the piranhas eat him, are they to blame for his death? No. John is. He put his son in a dangerous situation.

And would it make a difference if the piranhas were merciful, and chose not to eat John’s child? No. John Doe is obviously a bad parent – I mean, he threw his kid in a piranha-filled lake! Even if the piranhas leave the kid alone, Mr. Doe is eventually going to do something stupid to get the child killed anyway.

If the piranhas eat Mr. Doe’s son, they aren’t doing any harm that wouldn’t eventually be done anyway. At least this way, someone gets something good out of the situation – the piranhas get fed. As opposed to John Doe’s son getting hit by a bus or something – that’s a lose-lose no matter how you look at it.

(In case you don’t get it: We’re the piranhas. John Doe is an incompetent parent. His son is a squeaker. Piranha-feeding is a metaphor for the catharsis that comes from retaliating against a mindless, irritating squeaker.)

Oh, and just to clarify:
I’m not saying that all young gamers should be discriminated against. Just the ear-shattering, immature, profanity-spewing ones.


> Which brings up another good point, It’s also the parents responibility.

It’s not “also” the parents’ responsibility. It’s only the parents’ responsibility.

As I said – the piranhas have no blame in this, just John Doe.

I’m not feeling up to an endless rant, so here’s the short version:

We didn’t always instantly mute them, but the need arose. Even today the same reason is still valid.
There’s a reason we mute them. There’s a reason we don’t feel bad about it.

As for what they learn from us:

We are a community. We are who we are. Just because “Mommy I want” works doesn’t mean we have to change ourselves. If they learn something bad, oh well. They’re not legally able to buy it. They’re not legally allowed to play it. If they do, they’ll pay a price.

Actions have consequences.

im guilty here lol
I cuss at every game I play but thats just cus I hate loosing
No one makes fun of my voice and a lot of people like me on reach (16 now 17 in 2 months)

on halo 3 its a different thing (13 then)

just search my account name on the halo 3 maps and you’ll see that I have made plenty of people mad on 3.
Heck they tried getting me banned several times.

Ive learn sence then and im a much more mature gamer and have gained somthing I did’nt get till the end of 3. skill.

So I know the affects of a mature game and I know how it is to be the kid. It down right sucks when all your tying to do is play a game you love. If we learned to teach the kids over gaming (which the parents obviously arnt doing) and make the gaming world a better place for us all.

i it me or does 3 years change a lot of things.

> I don’t even know where to begin, OP. So I’ll just throw out some general statements.
>
> It is not the fault of the gaming population if a kid mindlessly screams out insults and profanities. It is the fault of his parents, who are clearly too stupid to even adhere to ESRB ratings, let alone supervise their child like they ought to. Given that information, the gaming population’s behavior toward squeakers is entirely irrelevant to how those squeakers behave. Squeakers’ parents are clearly and obviously incompetent, so squeakers are going to misbehave and generally fail epicly regardless of how we act toward them.

ESRB is not responsible of the online side of games. In case you have never noticed the “gameplay experience may change during online play” text when you launch the game. The parents may think that the game isn’t that bad for their kid as they think their kid is mature enough to see violence that is seen everywhere anyways.

The parents still have no way of knowing how immature the gaming community is. As it may somewhat be the parents’ fault, it is also the online community’s fault to use that kind of language and yell to other players.

The parents should always watch what their kids are doing and how they behave. The parents may be incompetent, but the gaming community isn’t any better.

I came across an 8yr boy the other day and managed to get him to put his mother on the mic and i told her about the type of things her son would come across while playing matchmaking, i also told her to do some research about Family setting on the xbox. I just think 8 is a little too young to start hearing certain words and becoming corrupted from lobby small talk.