I feel 343 needs to be more clear in their words

given the wording in the recent community update has everyone in a tizzy I feel like 343 needs to be more clear in what their doing im not saying blurt out random stuff but I am saying just tell us what your doing like the coating people are confused by this and 343 didn’t exactly word what it was clearly enough so hey any 343 member out there that sees this (highly unlikely but what ever) be more clear in stuff like this so we can know what’s going on with infinite

Wording seemed pretty clear to me.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> Wording seemed pretty clear to me.

Agreed. Coatings are replacing coloring of spartans.

> 2533274801884952;1:
> given the wording in the recent community update has everyone in a tizzy I feel like 343 needs to be more clear in what their doing im not saying blurt out random stuff but I am saying just tell us what your doing like the coating people are confused by this and 343 didn’t exactly word what it was clearly enough so hey any 343 member out there that sees this (highly unlikely but what ever) be more clear in stuff like this so we can know what’s going on with infinite

The wording was clear, it’s just that nobody liked what they had to say.

> 2533274964189700;2:
> Wording seemed pretty clear to me.

> 2535469888311475;4:
> > 2533274801884952;1:
> > given the wording in the recent community update has everyone in a tizzy I feel like 343 needs to be more clear in what their doing im not saying blurt out random stuff but I am saying just tell us what your doing like the coating people are confused by this and 343 didn’t exactly word what it was clearly enough so hey any 343 member out there that sees this (highly unlikely but what ever) be more clear in stuff like this so we can know what’s going on with infinite
>
> The wording was clear, it’s just that nobody liked what they had to say.

Oh yes, what they had to say was clear. But people don’t like being left in the dark on certain things like, “how will we be able to equip the coatings?”, “how can we earn coatings? Do we have to pay for new ones exclusively or can we earn some/all of them?”

These are the kinds of questions people want answered. No kidding armor coatings replace primary/secondary colors.

I’m not going to repeat what’s already been said in the topic, but I do agree they need to clarify this immediately, if they want to recover this. How do you unlock them? Are they pay exclusive? Are they won randomly? Are they linked to achievements? They said there’ll be more info in the future, but that’s not good enough. Dropping this on the community, and then making us wait, is by no stretch of the imagination, a sensible decision. You only have to see what the reaction has been.

Anyone that’s read the main topic on the skins will know how strongly against the removal of armour colouring I am (I’m not going to buy the game due to it, because it’s a revolting attempt of monetisation, and I’m not going to support the practise), but the lack of information about the new systems makes the situation even worse. Throw us a bone here, if you want a large number of your fans to even consider keeping their interest in the game.

> 2535419441797248;6:
> I’m not going to repeat what’s already been said in the topic, but I do agree they need to clarify this immediately, if they want to recover this. How do you unlock them? Are they pay exclusive? Are they won randomly? Are they linked to achievements? They said there’ll be more info in the future, but that’s not good enough. Dropping this on the community, and then making us wait, is by no stretch of the imagination, a sensible decision. You only have to see what the reaction has been.
>
> Anyone that’s read the main topic on the skins will know how strongly against the removal of armour colouring I am (I’m not going to buy the game due to it, because it’s a revolting attempt of monetisation, and I’m not going to support the practise), but the lack of information about the new systems makes the situation even worse. Throw us a bone here, if you want a large number of your fans to even consider keeping their interest in the game.

I actually share your strong opinion about not buying the game because of it. The last thing I want in Halo is to have to gamble against RNG like in Destiny or pay money just to access a core set of colors for my Spartan.

No, the message was perfectly clear. They intend to nickel and dime players and squeeze as much money out as possible.

That’s what the backlash is about. If you think it’s about a digital paint job, you missed the point entirely.

How is “we are replacing the old color customization for a worse method that we know it didnt worked on other games” not clear??

> 2535424229992654;9:
> How is “we are replacing the old color customization for a worse method that we know it didnt worked on other games” not clear??

im refegin to the way we earn in game coatings they didn’t say much on that

> 2535424229992654;9:
> How is “we are replacing the old color customization for a worse method that we know it didnt worked on other games” not clear??

I don’t think that was the point, it was more about the information that was not said.
For example; did they state how these coatings will be earned? How are they applied to Armor? Will they cover every combination of primary and secondary colours if they’ve done away with the old system? How many of them will they be? Will we start of with a huge array to choose from or will we start off with none and need to unlock them? Are they tied to monetisation in anyway? How does this improve on the old system if this was somehow a better choice?

There is a lot about this that isn’t quite clear and most conclusions that have been made are still speculation. But that’s on 343, they need to address these concerns over the next day or something because they can’t keep adding fuel to the fire and assume everyone will be ok with it.

Seems like 343i is going to soon beat 2017 EA with their attempts to make crap look appealing. If there is a plus side to that, it’s that the game will be good one year after launch.

It is kinda funny that the idea of coatings looks so bad that we prefer to believe there has to be a communication issue and 343 did not mean what they said.
Still, I got the OPs point. Right now we only know what the armor coating is but we do not know how it would actually work. I get it the game had been delayed and the marketing strategy had to be reworked, but this lack of information and the continuous leaks of game content being revealed from toys and products is a bit annoying.

I hope they make a video for the armor coatings, just like they did to explain the REQ system for Halo 5, how it works, the cards rarity, how you can purchase req packs, sell them, use in game matches and done, simple, straight forward and then all the questions and speculations gets resolved all at once.

All of this is strange

Hey there, let’s keep conversations about coatings to this thread, thanks!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/we-want-more-info-on-armor-coating/2f93be94-b416-4ee3-88b7-e963a7618194/posts