I enjoyed Halo 5's multiplayer.

I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.

I used to play lots of warzone but lately I’ve been doin MCC BTB

“I’m actually fine with the lootbox system…”

People like you are the problem with gaming these days.

> 2533274903577183;1:
> I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
> The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
> BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
> The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
> I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
> I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
> I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.

The maps look great? A lot of the maps are blocky forged maps,idk how that is great

> 2535416198868046;3:
> “I’m actually fine with the lootbox system…”
>
> People like you are the problem with gaming these days.

I’m fine with the lootbox system because I got boxes as I was playing. I played the game and after 2-4 games I just happened to have enough credits to get a box. I didn’t need them, I already had the armor I wanted before the game even came out(helioskrill). In term of this game, I’m pretty neutral about them.

they suck in other games though

> 2533274830166194;4:
> > 2533274903577183;1:
> > I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
> > The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
> > BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
> > The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
> > I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
> > I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
> > I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.
>
> The maps look great? A lot of the maps are blocky forged maps,idk how that is great

Mercy, Plaza, Torque, Stasis, Truth, and all the Warzone maps look good enough to me. I like the lore sore some of them too.

> 2533274833309866;2:
> I used to play lots of warzone but lately I’ve been doin MCC BTB

same

> 2533274903577183;1:
> I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
> The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
> BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
> The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
> I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
> I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
> I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.

I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.

> 2533274944752684;8:
> > 2533274903577183;1:
> > I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
> > The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
> > BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
> > The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
> > I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
> > I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
> > I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.
>
> I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.

I’m not against classic gameplay, in fact I’d like to see some gamemodes based on it.

I would have said, “Please throw away Halo 5 multiplayer and start over from scratch.”

I like the maps well enough, most of them, but I’m not in love with any of them. And I really hate the forerunner maps. And they’re all too tall because of clamber.

Which brings me to spartan abilities. You want to try new things like thruster pack and pound and charge and slide and whatnot? Fine. Try 'em. Now we’ve tried 'em and if they happen to get thrown out with the trash before Infinite hits then I’m fine with that too.

Guns. Where do I even start? They’ve made every single weapon in the arsenal (except the boltshot) so skill-sensitive that good players say, “everything’s great,” and less skilled players just walk around wondering why they can’t aim the AR, why a stupid pistol beats their battle rifle regardless of range, and why when they switch back to a pistol they still get owned. Why does a game have to be so widely skill gapped that a single weapon behaves 180 degrees differently based on who is shooting it? Is Halo striving to be the game you can’t win without an aimbot? No. It’s striving to be the game you can’t even play without one.

Game types like King of the Hill and Ricochet and VIP would be welcomed back, at least by me.

Why can I throw a plasma grenade in any version of Halo, except Halo 5, and hit my target 80% of the time. Halo 5? 15%. Seriously. WTF?

Trueskill 2? I can’t really tell if it works or not, but I’d like to give it a chance in the next game before I make any big decisions. For that reason, and that reason alone, I’m not going to say that I’d like to see the ranking system fire bombed and rebuilt from the ground up. But that’s what I would have said prior to TS2.

Basically, for me Halo 5 was a perfect storm of “wide skill gap” + “bad ranking system” + “low population” = “worst Halo multiplayer ever.”

> 2533274944752684;8:
> > 2533274903577183;1:
>
> I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.

Pandering to purists? Halo has been going downhill since they changed the gameplay to the newer style and was at its peak when it was classic

> 2533274903577183;1:
> multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.

You had me until you said that. Arena has always been Halo multiplayer. I understand a lot of people enjoy Warzone, but I’d wager there are an equal or greater number who don’t.

I cant think of one arena map i would like to see makes it way into infinite, so ill disagree with you there.

I have mixed feelings about how MP plays out. Although i usually only play btb/wz & action sack, Lack of maps turned me off of arena.

Req packs are meh. Id be happy if they were gone & a progression system took its place for unlocks. I think you feel much more accomplished getting your favourite helemt or emblem through completing certain tasks then just random unlocks. But i have my doubts about that since im sure its a $$$ making machine.

> 2533274797569001;12:
> > 2533274903577183;1:
> > multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
>
> You had me until you said that. Arena has always been Halo multiplayer. I understand a lot of people enjoy Warzone, but I’d wager there are an equal or greater number who don’t.

I think I phrased it wrong, Arena’s great, but there should be more BTB maps and more game modes than there were during launch day H5. Most of the maps were symmetrical and built specifically for arena. Any map that strayed away from the arena style were forge made maps.

> 2533274826044245;13:
> I cant think of one arena map i would like to see makes it way into infinite, so ill disagree with you there.
>
> I have mixed feelings about how MP plays out. Although i usually only play btb/wz & action sack, Lack of maps turned me off of arena.
>
> Req packs are meh. Id be happy if they were gone & a progression system took its place for unlocks. I think you feel much more accomplished getting your favourite helemt or emblem through completing certain tasks then just random unlocks. But i have my doubts about that since im sure its a $$$ making machine.

I agree with you, though I would like to see a map that’s the btb equivalent of the map Plaza

Are you kidding me? Halo 5’s multiplayer is just everyone running around like headless chickens, spamming the pistol and Spartan Charge. It doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore!

Halo 5 is interesting. I’ve had a blast playing Halo 5’s Arena gametypes. The maps work very well with Halo 5’s gameplay. It’s a very fun experience, and yet…They’re all incredibly forgettable. It’s the first Halo with utterly forgettable multiplayer maps. Even Halo 4 had Abandon, Longbow, Meltdown, Haven, Exile and Adrift. I could probably draw the layouts of all of Bungie’s Halo maps, but Halo 5’s just don’t stick for some reason. I may be wrong, but I think it’s the appearance more than the layout. Each Halo 5 map has the same textures and shapes across the entire map. There’s not much separating one area of a map from another aesthetically. There’s that, and the fact that every design element looks a little too overly complicated (a common theme in Halo 5’s art design). I’d like 343i to study pre-Halo-5 maps before working on the maps for Halo: Infinite.

I really enjoy Halo 5’s multiplayer so I hope they keep that same formula but they should try to mix it with some classic or have two modes like they do with the H3 anniversary playlist.

> 2533274903577183;5:
> > 2535416198868046;3:
> > “I’m actually fine with the lootbox system…”
> >
> > People like you are the problem with gaming these days.
>
> I’m fine with the lootbox system because I got boxes as I was playing. I played the game and after 2-4 games I just happened to have enough credits to get a box. I didn’t need them, I already had the armor I wanted before the game even came out(helioskrill). In term of this game, I’m pretty neutral about them.
>
> they suck in other games though

I’d rather have 343i get rid of it, it almost took me a year to get the armor set I wanted because I was too desperate and started with buying gold packs instead of finishing my silvers first.

> 2533274830166194;11:
> > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > 2533274903577183;1:
> > > I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5’s campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
> > > The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it’s used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it’s fun to play.
> > > BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn’t be arena centric though.
> > > The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i’d prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I’m talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
> > > I’m actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn’t be your main source for armor.
> > > I didn’t add split screen because it’a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
> > > I’m SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I’ve played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.
> >
> > I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.
>
> Pandering to purists? Halo has been going downhill since they changed the gameplay to the newer style and was at its peak when it was classic

A. Correlation is not causation
B. There is no solid proof that directly connects Classic to any direct benefit to Halo’s population
C. To so aggressively go back to classic after H5 would clearly be pandering to the aggressive Bungie purist side of the base by definition