I Enjoy Halo 4

Okay … so hopefully everyone who clicked on this is legit. I have a plan!
We need a secret Halo 4 forum that’s not over-run with negativity & complaining. One for those of us who actually enjoy the game and would like to be able to talk about it outside of the “Halo Universe” forum. In this one, our topics get buried in “this game is dead! I want my money back! 343 is the root of all sadfaces!”
Constructive critisism is one thing, but this is a bit ridiculous. Every time I look on here, half of the threads are locked due to what basically amounts to harassment and blatantly offensive belligerence.
If you don’t like a video game, you don’t have to play it … and you certainly don’t have to go around making sure everyone who likes the game knows it. I don’t like seafood, so I don’t eat it … and I certainly don’t go into every Red Lobster I see and tell everyone their food is gross when they clearly enjoy it.
So, anyway … nobody’s posted on the “Halo: CE” forum for nearly a month. Maybe we can borrow that.
I’M KIDDING! Don’t go posting there unless you want to talk about why Cortana is purple and uses British slang.

I was one of those guys who hated Halo 4 at launch a while back. 1 year later, I buy the Game of the Year Edition and I fall in love all over again with Halo. Don’t know why i hated it at launch, but this is a VERY GOOD game.

I’ve been looking at a lot of the stuff 343 has done for Halo by expanding the lore of the story, so 343 is the BEST thing to ever happen to Halo. Bungie was great, but 343 tops Bungie in my book because everything 343 has made: game, book, toy, movie is just epic.

If you notice, most of the “negativity & complaining” topics are one-offs, meaning a single user posts the topic and then leaves. In my experience, the majority of regular users on this forum are not actively complaining for the sake of complaining as those users do.

> If you notice, most of the “negativity & complaining” topics are one-offs, meaning a single user posts the topic and then leaves. In my experience, the majority of regular users on this forum are not actively complaining for the sake of complaining as those users do.

I’ve honestly never noticed that.

We could always create a subreddit. Moderate it so unconstructive negativiy is kept to a minimum.

Maybe there is just some sorting system which removes unconstructive posts?
Most of those users type one post or two and just leave.

So much of that hatred was premature in my mind. Yes, there were flaws with the game. But too many people kept squinting trying to make that 4 look like a 3. They didn’t give Halo 4 the patience it deserved.

I played Halo 3 exclusively since it was released back in October. Just came back to Halo 4. It was a nice change of pace, and brought back memories, but I’m more convinced than ever that Halo can’t just replicate the ‘good old days’ and expect success in today’s world. Halo 4 was an experiment, and I’m growing more confident that it will make Halo 5 the best offering yet.

I think this game is awesome (post weapon tune) I just feel people give it a little too much flak I am glad to hear you enjoy the game too ^.^

Wait till we get Halo 5 on Xbox one with dedicated servers…will be the best halo yet.

I like Halo 4 a lot. It’s different than past Halo games but that’s ok. I like change and think 343 did a great job. Since the fist Halo…each game has been different from the one before it. In my opinion its gotten better each time.

Hello there, im new in this stuff, my gametag or gamertag is paulorinconv, if do you want request me, i love Halo 4 i got the Xbox because i love the game, im agree with you, if i wrote something wrong tell me, this is not my main language, i do my best, Thanks

> Hello there, im new in this stuff, my gametag or gamertag is paulorinconv, if do you want request me, i love Halo 4 i got the Xbox because i love the game, im agree with you, if i wrote something wrong tell me, this is not my main language, i do my best, Thanks

You did a good enough job :slight_smile:

I love Halo 4, main problem though is the in game ranking system.

I like it too.
Its flawed but lots of improvements have been made and owning people is so fun. Owning covies on heroic solo is too.

Maybe negative threads wouldn’t be so prevalent if the very people who hate such threads didn’t keep going into them and letting them balloon up so much. I’ve made positive threads and they barely break a page, but if I make a negative one you better believe it will hit at least three if not more. If you want positive, make those threads. Will people come in and disagree? Yes, but people who like Halo 4 go into negative threads just the same.

There is no need for a secret, praise Halo 4 forums.

> If you notice, most of the “negativity & complaining” topics are one-offs, meaning a single user posts the topic and then leaves. In my experience, the majority of regular users on this forum are not actively complaining for the sake of complaining as those users do.

That is a very good point.

Also, the negative posts are a very big positive for Halo. Think about other games that people don’t like in the past. Would they ever post about it on forums? No, because they don’t care.

What do the Halo 4 haters and lovers have in common? We all love and care about Halo in general. All posts to me are a good thing… shoot, sometimes even the really bad ones. Think about it, the person is posting about Halo (: If it were REALLY bad… would he/she?

Overall, I feel H4 is a very solid game.

Also, these threads don’t last long b/c there is… nothing to debate. But I like to see the positive threads!

> > If you notice, most of the “negativity & complaining” topics are one-offs, meaning a single user posts the topic and then leaves. In my experience, the majority of regular users on this forum are not actively complaining for the sake of complaining as those users do.
>
> That is a very good point.
>
> Also, the negative posts are a very big positive for Halo. Think about other games that people don’t like in the past. Would they ever post about it on forums? No, because they don’t care.
>
> What do the Halo 4 haters and lovers have in common? We all love and care about Halo in general. All posts to me are a good thing… shoot, sometimes even the really bad ones. Think about it, the person is posting about Halo (: If it were REALLY bad… would he/she?
>
> <mark>Overall, I feel H4 is a very solid game.</mark>
>
> Also, these threads don’t last long b/c there is… nothing to debate. But I like to see the positive threads!

Take away the very, and I agree. This particular Halo game has the most negative feedback, others had alot yes, but this is #1 for it :-/

Although the game did receive a barrage of negative feedback on the forums, Halo 4 will always have a special place in my heart. It was 343’s attempt at a opening to a brand new trilogy and I must say, while it’s not perfect (when is any game perfect, really?) it was a pretty refreshing experience.

Now it’s been a year since launch and while I don’t play as much as before, I’ll still treasure those fond memories of dominating Ragnarok with the Mantis or screwing around in Forge with a full lobby. Now I patiently await for news about the next Halo.

> Although the game did receive a barrage of negative feedback on the forums, <mark>Halo 4 will always have a special place in my heart</mark>. It was 343’s attempt at a opening to a brand new trilogy and I must say, while it’s not perfect (when is any game perfect, really?) it was a pretty refreshing experience.
>
> Now it’s been a year since launch and while I don’t play as much as before, I’ll still treasure those fond memories of dominating Ragnarok with the Mantis or screwing around in Forge with a full lobby. Now I patiently await for news about the next Halo.

Indeed. They all do.

> I was one of those guys who hated Halo 4 at launch a while back. 1 year later, I buy the Game of the Year Edition and I fall in love all over again with Halo. Don’t know why i hated it at launch, but this is a VERY GOOD game.

You hated it at launch because there were so many flaws at launch. The matchmaking experience has been improved significantly over the last year with weapon tuning, addition of red x’s, CSR implementation, etc, etc.