I dream of having Halo Wars complete on Legendary...

Anyone have any tips?

(Also my first ever post here : D)

Ouch guys… Won’t anyone reply?

Hey there…

Sadly, I also dream of having it done on Legendary, but as it was the first time I had ever made the foray into an RTS, I found it challenging on just normal so other than saying hello and sharing your dream, I dont have any top tips :frowning:

Bungiesgirl

Turn on all skulls that help you, try it on solo. Many levels are much easier solo, some you can do with a friend.

I too, dream, of finishing those last two levels co-op legendary.
My gamertag is I DFang I.

> Turn on all skulls that help you, try it on solo. Many levels are much easier solo, some you can do with a friend.

Still, you’d have to find all of the skulls first :wink:

> > Turn on all skulls that help you, try it on solo. Many levels are much easier solo, some you can do with a friend.
>
> Still, you’d have to find all of the skulls first :wink:

The skulls and black boxes are ridiculously easy actually. Follow a guide online or if someone likes I can help getting them, I got the guide because it has all kinds of fiction in it.

> > > Turn on all skulls that help you, try it on solo. Many levels are much easier solo, some you can do with a friend.
> >
> > Still, you’d have to find all of the skulls first :wink:
>
> The skulls and black boxes are ridiculously easy actually. Follow a guide online or if someone likes I can help getting them, I got the guide because it has all kinds of fiction in it.

You can get the skulls on easy, not to mention that they’re even flared on the mini map.

Spartans are your key on legendary, and vultures sometimes.

fang, show him the tricks i taught u
i have no box atm

I had this dream fulfilled a while ago.

> fang, show him the tricks i taught u
> i have no box atm

You mean the
“Let the other guy host so I don’t cause lag and make sure the other guy is really good so my bad luck with AI doesn’t screw us over”?

no i mean the little tricks with units…

It’s pretty easy if you know proper build orders and what not. You should try to get some good online player to help you. I’m on a new GT so I could do the campaign again. I got all the skulls and half the black-boxes and beat it on legendary. And that was before I played online. Some levels are tough though.

A tip for Arcadia Outskirts Legendary;
As the mission starts, you want to take the highway/overpass as quickly as possible, and get to where you will encounter a few Jackals. if you have helpful skulls on, they shouldn’t be a problem. What you want to do here is put your two ODST in the crashed Pelican; they can single handedly defend that route from anything the Covenant throws at them. Next, go as you normally would, and get a base. Here’s where things get tricky. There is almost no way to keep that base alive. I’ve done it before, but it’s extremely difficult. What you want to do is let that base die, while you rush straight for and kill the Mega Turret. That will open up the second base slot, which the Covenant conveniantly refuse to attack. They will just keep sending units to the Crater, while you have an open path to their base. Keep in mind, it is still pretty well defended, though, so you prbably want to make Tanks/ODST to take it out.

Hope my guide to one of the hardest levels helps :slight_smile:

Oh and for the level where you are fighting the Super-Scarab, there’s a glitch where you put New Blood Marines in a certain Sniper Tower. The Marines become invincible to the Scarab’s beam, so it will just keep blasting away at them, to no avail. This eliminates a huge difficulty factor in this level, leaving the Scarab unable to defend itself.

And on the level before that, you should try maxing out your Eco and Tech before placing the first Rhino, while the Covenant forces that come at you are small. Then, you should try locking down Cobras where the next point you would out the Rhino would be, effectively spawn killing the Covenant’s troop producing buildings. Don’t forget Wolves, though, as they can really take out Banshees easily.

Any tips for Reactor and Escape?

Escape? I seem to remember an ODST spam being how I won, lol. Also, Quad Mac/Super Cryo/Super Carpet > Scarab.
And Reactor is the one where you are introduced to Cyclops, right? Spam Cyclops the whole game. The more Cyclops you have fixing it, the faster it is fixed.

Escape is actually really easy. You’re almost never attacked so you can easily build up an army of whatever you want, I chose Hawks. With 50 pop of Hawks flying around and your Spartans defending your base, you pretty much can’t lose. The time limit is large enough to not bother you at all. A Cryo, Super MAC and Super Carpet Bomb along with the Hawks make the Scarabs easy to kill. There are several Forerunner supply pads too, which you should garrison your starting ODSTs in. There’s one to the north and one to the south, with a few more.

When I was helping someone with Reactor, we had 10-15 Cyclopses, the Wolverines and Marines from the start, and rest Hawks. The Hawks were used to kill Hunters (most important, they’re really annoying on Legendary) and Jackals to protect the Wolverines and Cyclopses. Spartans in the Wolverines were useful to take out Banshees and Spirits. Flame turrets near the Reactor were a great help too. We finished it on the first try with a gold medal.

Of course, this was with the skulls on, they’re really helpful on Legendary. I wouldn’t mind helping anyone in Campaign, if you need it. Just add me on Xbox Live, gamertag is my forum name.

Oh wait, Reactor is another mission :stuck_out_tongue:
For that one, either go Guass Spam or Hornet Spam. Easy from there :slight_smile: