i dont want to see Precursors

I dont mind the forerunner but im not that interested when i heard about the Precursors and what they did it made me think ‘eeeeeeeerrrrrr’ and put me off that part of the halo universe.

mainly about halo i dont mind the forerunner’s, i definetly like the whole human covenant war thing, but these Precursors things should just stay in the books.

this is my opinion.

but the precursors are the most interesting of the species. no one knows much about them. they even had better tech than the forerunners + they might be the possible link to the creation of the flood.

I’m not to keen to see them in the games either, im much more interested in the post covenant war and the forunners, but seeing how the books are setting them up i think its inevitable that we’re gonna see them even if its just in HALO 6.

If they’re in the game as enemies we fight, then no, that would completely kill their mystique. But I see them working well as characters. I also like the idea, floated a while back, that they’ve transcended regular bodies and can build their own, exist inside computers, et cetera. Whatever happens, they can’t been seen as just another civilization with better tech, they have to be something completely different.

I don’t mind them being incorporated into the Halo 4 story. I just don’t want them to be the enemies we fight in combat with. I would rather have covies. Halo is not halo without them. And Frankie said “We aren’t done with purple”. :slight_smile:

There is always something older, that’s kinda the rule in scifi. Stargate we had the Gou’ald, than you had the Ancients, Mass Effect you had the Rrotheans, than you have the Reapers. And its not like its much of an -Yoink- pull on 343’s part if you play close enough attention it is talked about in Halo 3.

> I don’t mind them being incorporated into the Halo 4 story. I just don’t want them to be the enemies we fight in combat with. I would rather have covies. Halo is not halo without them. And Frankie said “We aren’t done with purple”. :slight_smile:

Read Glasslands :wink:

> I don’t mind them being incorporated into the Halo 4 story. I just don’t want them to be the enemies we fight in combat with. I would rather have covies. Halo is not halo without them. And Frankie said “We aren’t done with purple”. :slight_smile:

Are your trolling? you would honestly rather fight the same thing for a total of 12-13 years than have something completely new and better? And that statement was about the halo franchise in general not the new trilogy.

I’d love to fight the Precursors as enemies and as the main antagonists of the Reclaimer Trilogy. They should be introduced in Halo 4. It makes the most sense to have them as the new main enemies. Covenant can take a back seat. They’re not really a threat anymore. They have no leaders, the Brutes are in-fighting which is there nature, the Jackals are probably pirates again, and the Grunts are really too stupid to do anything. The Drones arn’t even a problem and the Engineers are pretty much on our side. The Elites are the only thing we have to fear, but then again, they’re in the middle of a civil war.

The Forerunners I agree would make a good enemy, however, they have no reason to fight us. And don’t you dare say that destroying the Halo ring twice, unleashing the Flood and destroying it ourselves, and devastating the Ark would be cause enough to attack us. The Didact and The Prometheans hated the very idea of the Halo Array and preferred Shield Worlds. They’d be happy we destroyed two Halos and the Ark all while taking the escaped Flood with it.

The Precursors, however, are new. They’re mysterious and a much bigger problem. Why would 343 go through all this trouble to set them up as the ultimate force in the galaxy, and then not have them play a big part in the larger series. In order for MC’s story to truly be done at the end of this series, you must wipe out the greatest threat that Mankind could ever face. This being the Precursors who would send The Flood on to every species in the galaxy, and probably annihilate whatever remains of the Forerunners.

Do you see my point? Not only are the Precursors the Ancient Enemy of the Forerunners, but they also caused the Human-Forerunner War and the Forerunner-Flood War. Not to mention, the creation of the Flood, allowed for Halo’s 1-3 to happen. Thus, The Precursors have been a part of Halo’s story since the very beginning.

I think 343i will make the right decision.

> I think 343i will make the right decision.

When talking about enemies, who do you think is the right decision? You have truthfully 3 options. Ancient or Modern Humans, Forerunners, or Precursors.

> > I think 343i will make the right decision.
>
> When talking about enemies, who do you think is the right decision? You have truthfully 3 options. Ancient or Modern Humans, Forerunners, or Precursors.

Forerunners nor Humans are Evil, new, or a threat to the universe.

> > > I think 343i will make the right decision.
> >
> > When talking about enemies, who do you think is the right decision? You have truthfully 3 options. Ancient or Modern Humans, Forerunners, or Precursors.
>
> Forerunners nor Humans are Evil, new, or a threat to the universe.

I never stated Modern Humans were evil. but we do have the Insurrection still around. Not to mention they never truly said the Ancient Humans were entirely extinct. Though they likely are. I previously stated in another post that the Forerunners would have no reason to attack us, which is why I believe they wouldn’t be an enemy at all. Though knowing 343, they could pull a card out of their sleeve and go “Oh look! Forerunenrs are the enemies of the game.”

> Whatever happens, they can’t been seen as just another civilization with better tech, they have to be something completely different.

Why not, that’s precisely what they are. The single most advanced civilization to ever exist in this galaxy, disappeared without a trace, and may or may not have been pulling the galaxy’s strings since the beginning of time. How does exploring that not excite you?

Personally I think that sounds a whole lot more interesting than “Land on unknown structure, oops there are aliens here.”

> > > > I think 343i will make the right decision.
> > >
> > > When talking about enemies, who do you think is the right decision? You have truthfully 3 options. Ancient or Modern Humans, Forerunners, or Precursors.
> >
> > Forerunners nor Humans are Evil, new, or a threat to the universe.
>
> I never stated Modern Humans were evil. but we do have the Insurrection still around. Not to mention they never truly said the Ancient Humans were entirely extinct. Though they likely are. I previously stated in another post that the Forerunners would have no reason to attack us, which is why I believe they wouldn’t be an enemy at all. Though knowing 343, they could pull a card out of their sleeve and go “Oh look! Forerunenrs are the enemies of the game.”

The enemy for halo 4 is NEW, Evil, and A THREAT TO THE UNIVERSE.

The innies are not evil nor are they a universal threat.

Ancient man was completely exterminated by the forerunners and only live on through Gea.

> > > > > I think 343i will make the right decision.
> > > >
> > > > When talking about enemies, who do you think is the right decision? You have truthfully 3 options. Ancient or Modern Humans, Forerunners, or Precursors.
> > >
> > > Forerunners nor Humans are Evil, new, or a threat to the universe.
> >
> > I never stated Modern Humans were evil. but we do have the Insurrection still around. Not to mention they never truly said the Ancient Humans were entirely extinct. Though they likely are. I previously stated in another post that the Forerunners would have no reason to attack us, which is why I believe they wouldn’t be an enemy at all. Though knowing 343, they could pull a card out of their sleeve and go “Oh look! Forerunenrs are the enemies of the game.”
>
> The enemy for halo 4 is NEW, Evil, and A THREAT TO THE UNIVERSE.
>
> The innies are not evil nor are they a universal threat.
>
> Ancient man was completely exterminated by the forerunners and only live on through Gea.

Makes complete sense. Precursors are definitely the enemy. Anyone who hasn’t picked up on all the hints needs to start reading and listening.

Your writing…

To be honest, apart from the Precursors (or 343 pulling something out of their a holes), there is nothing else to fight.

Elites? Seriously? for a whole trilogy. Nope. Not even for a game I reckon. Half a game, Crysis style maybe.

Forerunners? No reason to fight us and barely any left.

Ancient Humans? Not very likely, and not mentioned a lot compared to Precursors in other Halo media.

So, my guess is Precursors/flood.

They are the only logical enemy. They fit “Ancient Evil”. As they are bloody ancient and they are bloody evil.

[deleted]

> > To be honest, apart from the Precursors (or 343 pulling something out of their a holes), there is nothing else to fight.
> >
> > Elites? Seriously? for a whole trilogy. Nope. Not even for a game I reckon. Half a game, Crysis style maybe.
> >
> > Forerunners? No reason to fight us and barely any left.
> >
> > Ancient Humans? Not very likely, and not mentioned a lot compared to Precursors in other Halo media.
> >
> > So, my guess is Precursors/flood.
> >
> > They are the only logical enemy. They fit “Ancient Evil”. <mark>As they are bloody ancient and they are bloody evil</mark>.
>
> Don’t talk to your mother like that =O

ROFLMAO!