I DON'T WANT TO GET BANNED BUT...

But I’m seriously not going to make an effort to play a match with all this lag.
It’s annoying to see that my stats make me look really dumb.
I mean look at my K/D ratio, what would people ( particularly clans/groups) think? That I’m a horrible player and thus not get accepted. I’m not going to stay and watch myself get killed over and over, so I’ll quit every match that lags me. I hope you can detect which matches are forfeited because of lag and which matches are forfeited just because of stupid.

Now before people say it’s my bad connection. I don’t think it is.
I checked on SpeedTest and here’s my result:
My SpeedTest Result.

Now I want to know:
1.) How many game quits will result in ban?
2.) Can 343i detect which quits are reasonable?

You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.

1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
  2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.

> But I’m seriously not going to make an effort to play a match with all this lag.
> It’s annoying to see that my stats make me look really dumb.
> I mean look at my K/D ratio, what would people ( particularly clans/groups) think? That I’m a horrible player and thus not get accepted. I’m not going to stay and watch myself get killed over and over, so I’ll quit every match that lags me. I hope you can detect which matches are forfeited because of lag and which matches are forfeited just because of stupid.
>
> Now before people say it’s my bad connection. I don’t think it is.
> I checked on SpeedTest and here’s my result:
> My SpeedTest Result.
>
> Now I want to know:
> 1.) How many game quits will result in ban?
> 2.) Can 343i detect which quits are reasonable?

you’re connection is fine i have the same specs for internet and i dont have much lag unless its just a bad host but when i am playing spartan ops lag is very bad. but who doesn’t lag on that

> You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.
>
> 1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
> 2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.

Well I need a sure answer (Or a unanimous opinion).
But if that were true, what a relief.

> You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.
>
> 1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
> 2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.

1. There is a quit ban and it is 60 minutes.
  2. A quit is a quit, I do not know how many times you need to quit in order to be banned.

OP: Also it might be your connection, but who knows. Feel free to compare my speeds to yours.

> > But I’m seriously not going to make an effort to play a match with all this lag.
> > It’s annoying to see that my stats make me look really dumb.
> > I mean look at my K/D ratio, what would people ( particularly clans/groups) think? That I’m a horrible player and thus not get accepted. I’m not going to stay and watch myself get killed over and over, so I’ll quit every match that lags me. I hope you can detect which matches are forfeited because of lag and which matches are forfeited just because of stupid.
> >
> > Now before people say it’s my bad connection. I don’t think it is.
> > I checked on SpeedTest and here’s my result:
> > My SpeedTest Result.
> >
> > Now I want to know:
> > 1.) How many game quits will result in ban?
> > 2.) Can 343i detect which quits are reasonable?
>
> you’re connection is fine i have the same specs for internet and i don’t have any lag unless i am playing spartan ops. but who doesn’t lag on that

I lag on Spartan Ops too but I’m fine with that. (Sorta… well I can still tolerate it) But lag on War Games? That won’t do.

> > You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.
> >
> > 1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
> > 2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.
>
> 1. There is a quit ban and it is 60 minutes.
> 2. A quit is a quit, I do not know how many times you need to quit in order to be banned.
>
> OP: Also it might be your connection, but who knows. Feel free to compare my speeds to yours.

This 60 minutes ban. Does it increase the second time you get banned?
Also, I envy your connection speed. Good for you.

> > > You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.
> > >
> > > 1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
> > > 2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.
> >
> > 1. There is a quit ban and it is 60 minutes.
> > 2. A quit is a quit, I do not know how many times you need to quit in order to be banned.
> >
> > OP: Also it might be your connection, but who knows. Feel free to compare my speeds to yours.
>
> This 60 minutes ban. Does it increase the second time you get banned?

To my knowledge no it doesn’t increase each time as I’ve only seen it happen once.

> > You have half of my speed and I suffer lag all the time. And to answer your questions.
> >
> > 1. There is no quit ban for halo 4 (to my knowledge)
> > 2. Doesn’t matter if there is no quit ban.
>
> 1. There is a quit ban and it is 60 minutes.
> 2. A quit is a quit, I do not know how many times you need to quit in order to be banned.
>
> OP: Also it might be your connection, but who knows. Feel free to compare my speeds to yours.

I think it is around 4 to 5 quits maybe more.

Lol thats cuz people have learned their lesson.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’m sorry but, unless you have lag every single match then it isn’t an excuse for a 0.61 KD. That would be for your stats 1 day and 7 hours of continuous lag.

its the games severs. but

1. to our knowledge there is no quit ban(may count as a lose but idk)
  2. they will tell you before you get banned for it.

>

why does this matter? also this can be banable on this website. just saying.

If people quit, they should pay the consequences. Period.

> its the games severs. but
> 1) to our knowledge there is no quit ban(may count as a lose but idk)
> 2) they will tell you before you get banned for it.
>
>
>
>
> >
>
> why does this matter? also this can be banable on this website. just saying.

OP mentioned his KD as a result of lag, that’s why it matters.

> Now before people say it’s my bad connection. I don’t think it is.
> I checked on SpeedTest and here’s my result:
> My SpeedTest Result.

Holy crap, I thought I was slow.

• Thinking stats matter

But, in all seriousness the lag is a problem on your end. Or you might be matching players with awful connection issues every game. First one seems more likely.

Tested on my iPhone connected to wifi. 8 download, 10 or so upload. Right now I’m on Xbox connected, swtor, iPhone, parents watching movie on YouTube. Isn’t it good to have a high upload speed for halo?

I feel like mine is slow His.

You shouldn’t be worrying about all the clan stuff.

Edit: I tried on computer with swtor off and 25 download, 10 upload.