I don't want REMAKES

I am sick of remakes. Whether they are made by the developer or made in forge. They are boring, played out and offer nothing of excitement.

I do not understand why a lot of people want them SO bad…

343 you made a good decision in only making one remake. Valhalla now Ragnarok, is one to cause the least drama as Frankie has stated.

This is a NEW game made by NEW developers and is introducing many NEW features. Keep it going with ALL NEW maps.

I’ll tell you one thing, the new maps look very good.

I do not think we should remake anything from the past. If you keep coming out with entirely new maps that no one has ever seen before this causes a lot of excitement in my eyes.

In my opinion, the fact that multiplayer is now on a holodeck, a simulated game controlled by a moderator AI aboard the UNSC Infinity, there is ENDLESS possibilities to what the maps could be like. They could literally make the maps anything, because they are not attached to the campaign. This pleases me because people want DIFFERENT, VARIETY, CHOICE, DIVERSITY in maps. Most forum participants I understand are obviously hardcore fanboys such as myself, but I honestly have played every existing halo map way to much. So much so that I am now bored of them.

Abandon for example, is SUCH an awesome map and I would love to see more of these kind of maps because this shows such imagination and creativity. It brings something new to the table.

*** Try keeping this a positive thread, It is for discussion, not arguing. Be mature, thank you !! ***

See you in Halo 4 !!! =D

For DLC, i would really like Sandtrap back. Other than that i agree with you, enough remakes. Sandtrap (oh god please) and Valhalla would be enough.

Thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. While I agree you don’t want a TON of remakes, a couple is all right. I think they made the right move on Ragnarock though.

This is pretty much a repost from another thread i posted in-

I’m nearly 30 years old, not old by most standards but ancient by the video game industries standard. In damn near every successful video game franchise I played the first installment. I was there saying how revolutionary Halo CE was for the FPS genre. And every Halo game since then has tried to improve on the franchise, some things made it better (graphics, game play elements, etc…) and some things made it worse (Lens Flare in the Halo 4 trailers). The point being that i was there every step of the way, standing in the midnight release lines, buying the DLC the day of the release, abandoning the game after 6 months of play. (as if CR could keep my attention lol)

I like BTB CTF on Blood Gulch. And people that started playing as the same time i did do too. And many of us even though we have jobs, or kids still play the damn game. But no one caters to us. Why does no one give a Yoink! about the nostalgia factor for older gamers. I just want to play the game type on the level that i fell in love with the series. Since when was that too much to ask for?

Every single Halo game since CE had some variation of Blood Gulch in it. The fact that none of you are even mentioning it is making me WTF pretty hard right now. Halo without Blood Gulch is not Halo. If you dont know what Blood Gulch is look it up.

This is why i want a remake.

> For DLC, i would really like Sandtrap back. Other than that i agree with you, enough remakes. Sandtrap (oh god please) and Valhalla would be enough.

Okay respectable, that would mean 2 remakes out of 19 multiplayer maps including the DLC maps. 17 New, good.

That would be my limit too lol.

Sandtrap would be good for the Mammoth.

I hope 343i does not make anymore remakes from past Halo games.
It’s a new trilogy made by a new company. I want to see original maps from the great minds at 343i not re imagined or re made maps :slight_smile:

> Thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. While I agree you don’t want a TON of remakes, a couple is all right. I think they made the right move on Ragnarock though.

Agreed, and thank you for the positive response ! much appreciated.

Ragnarok was done right for sure.

> I am sick of remakes. Whether they are made by the developer or made in forge. They are boring, played out and offer nothing of excitement.
>
>
> I do not understand why a lot of people want them SO bad…
>
> 343 you made a good decision in only making one remake. <mark>Valhalla now Ragnarok, is one to cause the least drama as Frankie has stated.</mark>
>
>
> This is a NEW game made by NEW developers and is introducing many NEW features. Keep it going with ALL NEW maps.
>
> I’ll tell you one thing, the new maps look very good.
>
> I do not think we should remake anything from the past. If you keep coming out with entirely new maps that no one has ever seen before this causes a lot of excitement in my eyes.
>
> In my opinion, the fact that multiplayer is now on a holodeck, a simulated game controlled by a moderator AI aboard the UNSC Infinity, there is ENDLESS possibilities to what the maps could be like. They could literally make the maps anything, because they are not attached to the campaign. This pleases me because people want DIFFERENT, VARIETY, CHOICE, DIVERSITY in maps. Most forum participants I understand are obviously hardcore fanboys such as myself, but I honestly have played every existing halo map way to much. So much so that I am now bored of them.
>
> Abandon for example, is SUCH an awesome map and I would love to see more of these kind of maps because this shows such imagination and creativity. It brings something new to the table.
>
>
>
>
> *** Try keeping this a positive thread, It is for discussion, not arguing. Be mature, thank you !! ***
>
> See you in Halo 4 !!! =D

Actually I think Frankie and you are wrong with that. I think bringing back a map from Halo 2 would have caused to least amount of drama because they aren’t playable through live anymore. I can play Halo 3 right now go into social slayer and have 90% of my games be on Valhalla.

But I agree with wanting new maps as I want mostly new maps too. Although a couple of remakes in the future wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Agreed remakes do terrible in future games and trying to bring back that hype in the map is just not going to happen.

I like forged remakes by people but not really remakes done by bungie/343. I think it’s a waste of a possibly new map when they make a remake when fans could just forge them. Only problem I have with forge maps is how grey they are, no variety. Hopefully they added different sets of building pieces to spice things up :slight_smile:

This is just my view though.

> I like forged remakes by people but not really remakes done by bungie/343. I think it’s a waste of a possibly new map when they make a remake when fans could just forge them. Only problem I have with forge maps is how grey they are, no variety. Hopefully they added different sets of building pieces to spice things up :slight_smile:
>
> This is just my view though.

They were all grey, this is what made them seem the same every time. So boring and so bland. The fact that they took forged maps and put them in multiplayer for reach was horrible. Not to mention reach just a bad game in general. The multiplayer aspect anyway.

> This is pretty much a repost from another thread i posted in-
>
> I’m nearly 30 years old, not old by most standards but ancient by the video game industries standard. In damn near every successful video game franchise I played the first installment. I was there saying how revolutionary Halo CE was for the FPS genre. And every Halo game since then has tried to improve on the franchise, some things made it better (graphics, game play elements, etc…) and some things made it worse (Lens Flare in the Halo 4 trailers). The point being that i was there every step of the way, standing in the midnight release lines, buying the DLC the day of the release, abandoning the game after 6 months of play. (as if CR could keep my attention lol)
>
> I like BTB CTF on Blood Gulch. And people that started playing as the same time i did do too. And many of us even though we have jobs, or kids still play the damn game. But no one caters to us. Why does no one give a Yoink! about the nostalgia factor for older gamers. I just want to play the game type on the level that i fell in love with the series. Since when was that too much to ask for?
>
> Every single Halo game since CE had some variation of Blood Gulch in it. The fact that none of you are even mentioning it is making me WTF pretty hard right now. Halo without Blood Gulch is not Halo. If you dont know what Blood Gulch is look it up.
>
> This is why i want a remake.

I guess you have a point, and I commend you for your loyalty to the game… but unfortunately, they want to appeal to the masses not the smaller population you belong to in the gaming community. I think that is why.

Blood Gulch was amazing, for its time. It just wouldn’t fit Halo 4 and the type of style it is compared to back then.

> This is pretty much a repost from another thread i posted in-
>
> I’m nearly 30 years old, not old by most standards but ancient by the video game industries standard. In damn near every successful video game franchise I played the first installment. I was there saying how revolutionary Halo CE was for the FPS genre. And every Halo game since then has tried to improve on the franchise, some things made it better (graphics, game play elements, etc…) and some things made it worse (Lens Flare in the Halo 4 trailers). The point being that i was there every step of the way, standing in the midnight release lines, buying the DLC the day of the release, abandoning the game after 6 months of play. (as if CR could keep my attention lol)
>
> I like BTB CTF on Blood Gulch. And people that started playing as the same time i did do too. And many of us even though we have jobs, or kids still play the damn game. But no one caters to us. Why does no one give a Yoink! about the nostalgia factor for older gamers. I just want to play the game type on the level that i fell in love with the series. Since when was that too much to ask for?
>
> <mark>Every single Halo game since CE had some variation of Blood Gulch in it</mark>. The fact that none of you are even mentioning it is making me WTF pretty hard right now. Halo without Blood Gulch is not Halo. If you dont know what Blood Gulch is look it up.
>
> This is why i want a remake.

If that’s all you ask for, and if you’re including Halo 3 in that statement, then wish granted. Because Halo 3’s Blood Gulch -was- Valhalla. And now we have Ragnarok.

> I hope 343i does not make anymore remakes from past Halo games.
> It’s a new trilogy made by a new company. I want to see original maps from the great minds at 343i not re imagined or re made maps :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for agreeing ! and you put it perfectly.

> I like forged remakes by people but not really remakes done by bungie/343. I think it’s a waste of a possibly new map when they make a remake when fans could just forge them. Only problem I have with forge maps is how grey they are, no variety. Hopefully they added different sets of building pieces to spice things up :slight_smile:
>
> This is just my view though.

forged remade maps were so boring with all that gray

The problem with remakes is, especially in Halo 4’s case, they don’t play the same way with the new mechanics. Valhalla is an exception because it is a big map by default.

Although to prove my point look at Reach. Not just the remakes but all maps played horrible at default because they weren’t made to be tailored with AAs and Sprint.

> The problem with remakes is, especially in Halo 4’s case, they don’t play the same way with the new mechanics. Valhalla is an exception because it is a big map by default.
>
>
> Although to prove my point look at Reach. Not just the remakes but all maps played horrible at default because they weren’t made to be tailored with AAs and Sprint.

not to mention they were all aesthetically dull

> The problem with remakes is, especially in Halo 4’s case, they don’t play the same way with the new mechanics. Valhalla is an exception because it is a big map by default.
>
>
> Although to prove my point look at Reach. Not just the remakes but all maps played horrible at default because they weren’t made to be tailored with AAs and Sprint.

Agreed, your absolutely right.

Halo 4 is the beginning of a new trilogy, and with that should come all new “ingredients”. (maps)

> > The problem with remakes is, especially in Halo 4’s case, they don’t play the same way with the new mechanics. Valhalla is an exception because it is a big map by default.
> >
> >
> > Although to prove my point look at Reach. Not just the remakes but all maps played horrible at default because they weren’t made to be tailored with AAs and Sprint.
>
> not to mention they were all aesthetically dull

IMO they were amazing in the Aesthetics. Maybe that was more of a focus instead of designing an actual good play space.

What I find funny is that the MP maps were made first and then put into campaign. You would think they would make bigger maps.

Keeping good maps is fine, but I want to see developers make newer and better maps that reimagine the old designs.

I want a map like Death Island but I want it improved, not the same.