i dont understand the hate...

i check the forums almost daily and there will always be at least 1 topic involving hating 343, saying how much halo 5 sucks and how 343 ruined halo. i understand halo 5 is far from the best halo and it is very different from its predecessors, but it’s still an incredibly fun game and i gotta tell you, with all the FREE dlc, content, updates, add ons, etc. my experience with halo 5 has been nothing but great. its what a gamer dreams of. i havent respected a developer this much since DICE when they released battlefield 3 and their premium package, which btw was totally worth it back then. i appreciate all 343 has done for us this past year and hope they do the same for halo 6.

Preach! I feel the same way. They’ve made some mistakes along the way but by and large 343 has done an amazing job with this franchise and Halo 5 in particular. I love the game and continue to play it actively a year after release, and despite my excitement for Titanfall 2, Halo 5 will remain a staple game for me until I achieve all of my goals with the game and our Spartan Company. People will always find something to complain about. I’d just argue that 99% of the time, it’s not warranted.

it is unwarranted and ill be the first to admit i dont like the arena maps, im more of a fan of the BTB maps but that isnt a game breaker. ive adjusted as you would in any video game and still enjoy them. and im right there with you, im looking forward to grabbing battlefield 1, but i know ill still be playing halo 5 for as long as i can, maybe even until the release of halo 6 if the community doesnt die off.

343 has done loads of good and loads of bad. For me, personally, it’s the change in art style and the almost disrespectful campaign that has irked me the wrong way.

They made the elites look way too brutish and they talk so barbarically. The Sangheili are more of wise warriors, unlike the Brutes. They destroyed our favorite grunts and morphed them into these goblin abominations. Plus the changes to the Scorpion to make them look more standard and not Halo. Plus the Pelican… Don’t even get me started on the Pelican.

The idea of making Cortana evil has to be one of the most il-conceived ideas of all time. I don’t know if they thought they were being cleaver or what but making Cortana evil is vastly disrespectful, at least in my opinion.

Those two things has me scratching my head at 343, but I don’t hate them. I think Arena is the best Arena in any Halo ever. Warzone seems a little sloppy, but that’s how they make money so it is what it is. I appreciate the free DLC, but I would rather buy paid DLC. Because there is always a price, even when it is free. The price we pay is that the armor and skins that we actually want from REQ packs is locked behind a massive grind/paywall. I feel like it is sorta gamers faults though, as gamers complained so damn match before the freemium models started being introduced into EVERY triple A game. Myself and I’m sure a lot of others would gladly purchase paid DLC once again, if it means that things aren’t locked behind RNG and it makes the game more enjoyable.

Ultimately, Halo 5 is fun and I’ll occasionally play it until Halo 6 comes out, but I have very low expectations for the next game at this point. Microsofts poster child doesn’t have the same impact as it did during the Bungie days, and I blame that mostly on the poor story writing and poor character development of 343

After 3 failures and a complete lack of communication from 343 about issues that still exist in MCC and H5, I think it’s pretty reasonable to be out patience for 343’s general incompetence and their insistence on pointless “innovation” in favor of making a game that just -Yoinking!- plays like Halo.

FREE dlc? You mean those features we should have had at launch, still only 3 decent Arena game types, god-awful remix maps, 100% FORGED BTB, a bunch of mass-produced REQ trash, and some Warzone maps? And you’re seriously thanking them for finishing their game 9 months after launch? Give me a break. And the comparison to Battlefield, a game that launches with significant, high quality content and then charges for more? OK. Sure.

> 2533274920358788;2:
> I’d just argue that 99% of the time, it’s not warranted.

It absolutely is warranted, but I’m glad to see people like you will give a free pass to a company that knowingly launched a broken collection, provide a few months of support afterwards, and has proceeded to completely ignore it since. MCC still doesn’t work properly and with the continuous decline of H5’s functionality, it’s quickly approaching a comparable state. I’m sure you’re extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this mediocre game.

It might be a good idea for a mod to close this. It’s going to turn into an insult thread really quickly. That’s the one flaw of many of the people who have valid criticisms of the game, they tend to blow up and pile drive the people who disagree into the ground.

it happens r3spawn3d, thats what helps gaming. our opinions. and youre telling me arglactable you’d buy the content they have given us? doesnt sound like it if you dont like that its free and lets be real, if it was paid or not, what we got is what you wouldve been given, so im happy it was free. and the initial game was good, but maybe because im old school when it comes to content. i dont care for forge, i dont care for the reqs cause i just play and get everything through play time and how much armor and helmets and visors, assassinations, stances were available at launch? over 100! how is that not worth it? yeah the campaign wasnt the best, but im talking about multiplayer/content and even then, i thought the campaign was OK. and did you play battlefield 3? did you get the premium package? cause if not, you dont know what youre talking about, it was worth it compared to bf4 AND hardline. bf3 had alot of weapons/content, best multiplayer experience i had since halo 2 and then they release a WHOLE other game. 20+ guns, 1 unique weapon for each map pack, 12 more maps, more vehicles, crazy. best dlc ive bought to this day. but again… its a matter of opinion lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand these threads. All you have to do is read the threads and you will understand.

> 2533274890584596;5:
> > Hmm

> 2535433210471002;3:
> it is unwarranted and ill be the first to admit i dont like the arena maps, im more of a fan of the BTB maps but that isnt a game breaker. ive adjusted as you would in any video game and still enjoy them. and im right there with you, im looking forward to grabbing battlefield 1, but i know ill still be playing halo 5 for as long as i can, maybe even until the release of halo 6 if the community doesnt die off.

“If the Immunity doesn’t die off”

And you think the hate is unwarranted? H1-3 never had the issue of a dieing community, care to guess as to why?

i could give a page full of issues new and old. It’s completely warranted.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535433210471002;1:
> i check the forums almost daily and there will always be at least 1 topic involving hating 343, saying how much halo 5 sucks and how 343 ruined halo. i understand halo 5 is far from the best halo and it is very different from its predecessors, but it’s still an incredibly fun game and i gotta tell you, with all the FREE dlc, content, updates, add ons, etc. my experience with halo 5 has been nothing but great. its what a gamer dreams of. i havent respected a developer this much since DICE when they released battlefield 3 and their premium package, which btw was totally worth it back then. i appreciate all 343 has done for us this past year and hope they do the same for halo 6.

It’s because they are BK’s that can’t adapt to the fast play style so they complain

343 has already given us several years of great halo games. So what if Halo 5 is different? Times are changing, and other people like to get with it. As the game evolves, so does its content. Instead of hating, why not actually provide helpful insight?

Because sadly only those who have negative stuff to say will go online. not as many go online to praise. not to mention those who go online simply to troll to make others mad. While I don’t visit other game forums I am sure there are people there complaining about stuff they don’t like.

> 2533274816788253;13:
> Because sadly only those who have negative stuff to say will go online. not as many go online to praise. not to mention those who go online simply to troll to make others mad. While I don’t visit other game forums I am sure there are people there complaining about stuff they don’t like.

You should see CODs youtube videos… Those are pretty bad comments…

> 2533274890584596;5:
> > 2533274920358788;2:
> > I’d just argue that 99% of the time, it’s not warranted.
>
>
> It absolutely is warranted, but I’m glad to see people like you will give a free pass to a company that knowingly launched a broken collection, provide a few months of support afterwards, and has proceeded to completely ignore it since. MCC still doesn’t work properly and with the continuous decline of H5’s functionality, it’s quickly approaching a comparable state. I’m sure you’re extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this mediocre game.

I’m not giving them a free pass, but I’m also not chastising them either.

Broken collection - yes, from the multiplayer side, which was extremely unfortunate. But they did fix that in time, and it remains easily the best single deal in a gaming package ever released (four of the greatest shooters of all time, an apology DLC that included another WHOLE shooter, all of the multiplayer including CE for the first time being playable online, plus Spartan Ops). It’s not even close, and the Orange Box was great. The MCC certainly had its problems, and that was incredibly disappointing (especially when I lost a lot of achievement progress), but c’mon, it was so ambitious and by and large was a success. I forgive its failures early on. 343 should have done a beta or something to test that and not doing so is on them.

Let’s review 343’s Halo and how bad you believe this company is (a little out of order but that’s ok).

1. Halo: CE Anniversary. Brought back a beloved game, completely remastered with new features, pure fan service.

2. The MCC: Certainly had major problems at launch, but now remains an incredible collection of some of the greatest games ever made.

3. Halo 4: Was largely praised for its campaign (I personally wasn’t a huge fan, but that’s preference) and had great MP that took chances to evolve the series… I can appreciate that, and enjoyed it to some degree, even though ultimately believe Halo is best as a map-dominance game (old, classic roots).

4. Halo 5: The campaign is maligned by many, but I thoroughly enjoyed it because I felt it actually EXPANDED upon the Halo universe - double the characters, including beloved ones from the books who for some reason were shafted in the games until now, triple the number of cool new planets we’d visit and fight on, escalating the story to the point where the Chief and co. have never had their backs to the wall as much entering any other game in the series. Halo 6 should and hopefully will be the most epic in the series due to the setup of Halo 5 (and recall, 3 was the exact same way thanks to 2). The multiplayer is easily the best and most balanced since probably Halo 2 or 3, and they learned from their mistakes with 4 and made it all about map design and control once again (shows growth and understanding of what makes Halo great). Sure, it was slimmer at launch, but I much prefer that to “hey, we have a huge helping of game modes, none fully fleshed out and all pretty mediocre.” Everything felt great from the gameplay perspective, and Warzone was an interesting (though I still prefer Arena) addition to it all. They have given us 9 updates, completely free of charge (name another shooter game outside of Titanfall 2 now that does that), that fixed and added so much to the game people had complaints about. I’ve had more fun with this title than any other game released in this past year and still play it often, and my Spartan Company spans 400 people who feel the same way about it and have made it the most fun of any Halo experience I’ve had since 3.

All in all, 343 has done a pretty damn good job with the franchise if you ask me, and I get pretty sick of petty people constantly maligning them despite their obvious efforts.

I’m sure you’re extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this mediocre game.
Here’s what I know. 343 charged me full retail price for any standard game. $60. Same as literally anything else out there other than indie titles. Micro-transactions allowed for tournaments to be played, for updates to be made free of charge, and for the 343 folks to, you know, get paid, since they are, in fact, a business. Those same micro-transactions were never forced upon me, I have not needed to spend a cent more for this game since release. So my $60 bought me a game that has given me 13 full days of MP ALONE, not including the campaign, or .19 cents per hour I’ve played and enjoyed myself. As opposed to, say, $20 for a movie ticket, popcorn, and a 2-hour film showing. Or, as opposed to the other gaming model, which COD employs, paid DLC. Yes, I am extremely pleased that I paid $60, have all of the content, and zero player separation, as opposed to paying $60 + $20 + $20 + $20 in paid DLC, or buying the game twice, vs. either not having all of the content or separating the player base.

Let me edit your snarky comment to read like it should:

I sure am extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this fun game, it’s tournaments, and bonus content while keeping the entire player-base together. What a value! 2 dimes per hour of entertainment I get from it a year later!

I feel people complain to complain. There isn’t anything close to perfect and never will which intend leads to people complaining.

> 2533274920358788;15:
> > 2533274890584596;5:
> > > 2533274920358788;2:
> > > I’d just argue that 99% of the time, it’s not warranted.
> >
> >
> > It absolutely is warranted, but I’m glad to see people like you will give a free pass to a company that knowingly launched a broken collection, provide a few months of support afterwards, and has proceeded to completely ignore it since. MCC still doesn’t work properly and with the continuous decline of H5’s functionality, it’s quickly approaching a comparable state. I’m sure you’re extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this mediocre game.
>
>
> I’m not giving them a free pass, but I’m also not chastising them either.
>
> Broken collection - yes, from the multiplayer side, which was extremely unfortunate. But they did fix that in time, and it remains easily the best single deal in a gaming package ever released (four of the greatest shooters of all time, an apology DLC that included another WHOLE shooter, all of the multiplayer including CE for the first time being playable online, plus Spartan Ops). It’s not even close, and the Orange Box was great. The MCC certainly had its problems, and that was incredibly disappointing (especially when I lost a lot of achievement progress), but c’mon, it was so ambitious and by and large was a success. I forgive its failures early on. 343 should have done a beta or something to test that and not doing so is on them.
>
> Let’s review 343’s Halo and how bad you believe this company is (a little out of order but that’s ok).
>
> 1. Halo: CE Anniversary. Brought back a beloved game, completely remastered with new features, pure fan service.
>
> 2. The MCC: Certainly had major problems at launch, but now remains an incredible collection of some of the greatest games ever made.
>
> 3. Halo 4: Was largely praised for its campaign (I personally wasn’t a huge fan, but that’s preference) and had great MP that took chances to evolve the series… I can appreciate that, and enjoyed it to some degree, even though ultimately believe Halo is best as a map-dominance game (old, classic roots).
>
> 4. Halo 5: The campaign is maligned by many, but I thoroughly enjoyed it because I felt it actually EXPANDED upon the Halo universe - double the characters, including beloved ones from the books who for some reason were shafted in the games until now, triple the number of cool new planets we’d visit and fight on, escalating the story to the point where the Chief and co. have never had their backs to the wall as much entering any other game in the series. Halo 6 should and hopefully will be the most epic in the series due to the setup of Halo 5 (and recall, 3 was the exact same way thanks to 2). The multiplayer is easily the best and most balanced since probably Halo 2 or 3, and they learned from their mistakes with 4 and made it all about map design and control once again (shows growth and understanding of what makes Halo great). Sure, it was slimmer at launch, but I much prefer that to “hey, we have a huge helping of game modes, none fully fleshed out and all pretty mediocre.” Everything felt great from the gameplay perspective, and Warzone was an interesting (though I still prefer Arena) addition to it all. They have given us 9 updates, completely free of charge (name another shooter game outside of Titanfall 2 now that does that), that fixed and added so much to the game people had complaints about. I’ve had more fun with this title than any other game released in this past year and still play it often, and my Spartan Company spans 400 people who feel the same way about it and have made it the most fun of any Halo experience I’ve had since 3.
>
> All in all, 343 has done a pretty damn good job with the franchise if you ask me, and I get pretty sick of petty people constantly maligning them despite their obvious efforts.
>
> I’m sure you’re extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this mediocre game.
> Here’s what I know. 343 charged me full retail price for any standard game. $60. Same as literally anything else out there other than indie titles. Micro-transactions allowed for tournaments to be played, for updates to be made free of charge, and for the 343 folks to, you know, get paid, since they are, in fact, a business. Those same micro-transactions were never forced upon me, I have not needed to spend a cent more for this game since release. So my $60 bought me a game that has given me 13 full days of MP ALONE, not including the campaign, or .19 cents per hour I’ve played and enjoyed myself. As opposed to, say, $20 for a movie ticket, popcorn, and a 2-hour film showing. Or, as opposed to the other gaming model, which COD employs, paid DLC. Yes, I am extremely pleased that I paid $60, have all of the content, and zero player separation, as opposed to paying $60 + $20 + $20 + $20 in paid DLC, or buying the game twice, vs. either not having all of the content or separating the player base.
>
> Let me edit your snarky comment to read like it should:
>
> I sure am extremely pleased that micro-transactions funded the completion of this fun game, it’s tournaments, and bonus content while keeping the entire player-base together. What a value! 2 dimes per hour of entertainment I get from it a year later!

Preach it brother!!!

> 2535433210471002;1:
> i check the forums almost daily and there will always be at least 1 topic involving hating 343, saying how much halo 5 sucks and how 343 ruined halo. i understand halo 5 is far from the best halo and it is very different from its predecessors, but it’s still an incredibly fun game and i gotta tell you, with all the FREE dlc, content, updates, add ons, etc. my experience with halo 5 has been nothing but great. its what a gamer dreams of. i havent respected a developer this much since DICE when they released battlefield 3 and their premium package, which btw was totally worth it back then. i appreciate all 343 has done for us this past year and hope they do the same for halo 6.

I agree! I still love 343I for all the good that they’ve done for the Halo franchise and I’m glad that they’re still trying, even though so many people constantly -Yoink- on them for their past failures. Halo 4 did not fully deserve all the hate it got because it was 343 Industries’ FIRST game! MCC did not deserve all the hate it got because 343I TRIED TO DO SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAD EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT! Yes, it had a lot of issues, but who would’ve thought that someone could bridge 4 Halo games together in such a way that you could seamlessly switch between games and experience all of your favorite parts of the original Halo Trilogy and the start of the Reclaimer Saga. Halo 5, like MCC, has issues but it keeps getting better after every update and patch. Yes, it was bare at launch and people made it obvious that they were upset, but 343I added a A TON of content to the game and many people (including me) have a lot of fun with the game and are excited for what’s next.

Some say that 343I should give the rights back to Bungie, leave the franchise, that they aren’t doing a good job, etc. 343I knows how to make a good Campaign and Story, they proved it to us in Halo 4. Chief finally got character development! And they definitely know how to make a good Multiplayer, as shown in Halo 5: Guardians. The Multiplayer has gotten so much better post-launch and it keeps getting better, just like 343I’s work.

Bottom line: 343 INDUSTRIES IS TRYING THEIR BEST, and the COMMUNITY IS NOT. If we want Halo to be “great again”, WE NEED TO HELP 343 INDUSTRIES so that everyone benefits. I have faith in them, and I believe that everyone else should too.

> 2535433210471002;1:

It’s all a matter of opinion,to you it’s fun and all those other things you say,but to others it is not

343 simply shouldn’t do Halo games. They can’t get the Halo formula right, as we have seen with Halos 4 & 5. They took a complete 180 with storytelling in one game. They have definitely done some great things (BoomCo Halo, The EU, Etc.), but they can’t seem to make an engaging, fun, and long-lasting game. I do wish they could get it right, but the simple fact is they can’t. I just wish Uny, Grim, Bravo, and Tom French (& the whole forge team) could stay and everyone else get replaced honestly.