I dont understand Infinity Challenge

Im in tier three at the very top like 30 points away from the leader.
So lets say the top 300 people in tier three get a prize.
is this the top 300 people with 4500 points or whatever the top guy has?

Im probably tied for my place with about 50 other people, does this mean we all get the prize for place number 5 in tier three?

Im not explaining it very well because it really confuses me, can someone help please? thanks

They are resetting the scores after Thursday. Then on Saturday the final week begins and that alone determines prizing.

Your position as of today is nothing more than qualifying and means nothing in terms of prizes. Qualifying runs through tomorrow. The actual gameplay for ranking begins Saturday at which time the leaderboards will be reset and you will compete with people in your tier for position on the leaderboards.

Confusion level just went up like 32 times…

How do i know if i qualify? And will that dude whos in first now not win the car?

> Confusion level just went up like 32 times…

There are 2 phases to the competition: a qualifier and finals. The qualifier determines what tier you will be placed in for the finals only. After the qualifier period ends on the 10th, everyone is locked into their tier and their scores are reset to zero. Then the finals begin on the 12th and your score during the finals week only is what determines your prizing. Also you cannot change the tier you are in during the finals. That should clear it up.

> Im in tier three at the very top like 30 points away from the leader.
> So lets say the top 300 people in tier three get a prize.
> is this the top 300 people with 4500 points or whatever the top guy has?
>
> Im probably tied for my place with about 50 other people, does this mean we all get the prize for place number 5 in tier three?
>
> Im not explaining it very well because it really confuses me, can someone help please? thanks

The prizes are handed out based on placement. The top player in War Games gets the truck (or you can get money instead), the leader in Spartan OPs gets a 2 minute Camo in a future Halo game, and i am not sure what the Waypoint challenge guys get.

However, we are in the qualifier phase right now (it ends tomorrow), so it doesn’t matter if you are first or last. It’s when the finals start (tomorrow) is when you are locked in your current tier and THEN you need to start trying to climb to the top.

Ok so I will be locked into tier 3 starting tomorrow.

Lets say i play a bunch and tied for 10th place in tier 3, but Im tied with 50 other guys for 10th place, do i get the 10th place prize or do the guys tied for places 1-9 get my prizes?

> How do i know if i qualify? And will that dude whos in first now not win the car?

Everyone qualifies for the contest if they register and play (and of course are eligible). Qualifying just determines which tier you will compete in (1, 2, or 3). After that everything goes back to zero and you only compete with people in your own tier for prizes. The finals only run for 1 week.

And no, the guy currently in first on the leaderboards will not necessarily win the truck. He’ll have to do it all over again and hope that the people below him weren’t sandbagging.

The Qualifying period exists solely to place you in a tier, tier 1, 2, or 3.

Your points in the tier at this point in time is irrelevant. All that matters is what tier you’re in.

Next week, all of the points reset and the only thing that is carried over is your tier. So, whatever tier you are in at the end of this week is the tier you will be placed into for the prizing.

Next week, when all the points are reset, the top X number of players get prizes based on the list on the website. Only people in Tier 1 are eligible for Tier 1 prizes and so on.

Hope this helped!