I Don't Think It's Sinking In

What is all of this comparing Halo to CoD stuff, this sounds nothing like CoD to me, it sounds like a progression system which if you haven’t noticed ALL games are turning to. CoD is not just the only game with a progression system, there is BF3, ME3, practically all RPGs. Face it, all games are turning to have progression systems and to be honest they are a great addition to make the game addicting. That is why even though I stay away from CoD I always get sucked in.

YES!!! Holy ****, stop comparing this game to CoD! If you want to compare it to another franchise, you will have quite a long list of game series to type.

1-50 > Progression

> 1-50 > Progression

Make it separate. Both can exist in the same game.

1-50, was so easy to exploit.

I’m kind of wondering how guests will be able to compete fairly against veteran players.

What has CoD done to peoples heads? Every new bit of info we get, out of context or not, people look at Call of Duty. Pfft. How ignorant. The narrow thinking of some people is atrocious.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

yep

> 1-50, was so easy to exploit.

lol and progression system is not? Progression system gives an advantage outside of skill to experienced players. How enjoyable would it be for you to play someone who already has the BR unlocked while you only have the AR?

> > 1-50, was so easy to exploit.
>
> lol and progression system is not? Progression system gives an advantage outside of skill to experienced players. How enjoyable would it be for you to play someone who already has the BR unlocked while you only have the AR?

See, your summing all progression systems up into one. They all work differently and I haven’t seen one person exploit the Halo 4 progression system yet. Have you?

> See, your summing all progression systems up into one. They all work differently and I haven’t seen one person exploit the Halo 4 progression system yet. Have you?

I am using the definition of a progression system to base my ideas?

> > See, your summing all progression systems up into one. They all work differently and I haven’t seen one person exploit the Halo 4 progression system yet. Have you?
>
> I am using the definition of a progression system to base my ideas?

Even so, the whole thing is if you are truly better than someone, you can take them on with worse weapons. It just requires extra tactics.

They can have a progression system, whatever. However, they better have a standard competitive mode from the get go.

> Even so, the whole thing is if you are truly better than someone, you can take them on with worse weapons. It just requires extra tactics.

True, but it still gives rewards to experienced players, making it doubly difficult for new players to enjoy (skill difference and weapon difference). I am a fan of a progression system as long as it has no effect on gameplay (as seen in Reach).

Well 343 could have playlists for new players and rank them up till they are able to take on the real world in a sense.

> Well 343 could have playlists for new players and rank them up till they are able to take on the real world in a sense.

lol, montage kid heaven.

> > Well 343 could have playlists for new players and rank them up till they are able to take on the real world in a sense.
>
> lol, montage kid heaven.

Halo 3 did it. Gear of War 3 did it, and I’m sure other games did and they were absolutely fine.

Progression systems like the one in cod take away from team play. Instead of trying to get my team to win, I will focus on kills and getting kills with certain weapons

The more I see the info of Halo 4, the more I’m confused. Honestly, I never heard anything so unfamiliar before, and I can say this, this is not CoD. Halo 4 seem to be entirely something else, and I’m kind of liking it.

The game is going to have something creative alright.

> Progression systems like the one in cod take away from team play. Instead of trying to get my team to win, I will focus on kills and getting kills with certain weapons

Mass Effect 3 has a progression system and I work as a team when I play that game.