I don't play Halo 4 Despite its "flaws"

I play Halo 4 alot because I like the direction it took and i believe Matchmaking is not flawed despite what people say. When I first popped in the disc, i was skeptical after the departure Halo reach took, but this game brought back the halo 3 gameplay for me. Many people complain about the weapon imbalance, I could care less because I noticed more and more people are using Carbine, LightRifle, and Automatics. I even dominate DMR users with AR.
Camo Campers? That was a problem back at launch, hell even I tried that to some extent and realized it’s not fun doing that so i don’t camo camp. I haven’t ran into anyone doing that. I know Halo 4 has some major flaws like Custom game options and File share, but to be honest it doesnt really bother me as long as it is not in matchmaking. I was hooked on Gears Of WAr judgement, but after coming back I was addicted to the Community FFA Playlist. Im telling you, 343 knows how to give us Halo fans some love.

> I play Halo 4 alot because I like the direction it took and i believe Matchmaking is not flawed despite what people say. When I first popped in the disc, i was skeptical after the departure Halo reach took, but this game brought back the halo 3 gameplay for me. Many people complain about the weapon imbalance, I could care less because I noticed more and more people are using Carbine, LightRifle, and Automatics. I even dominate DMR users with AR.
> Camo Campers? That was a problem back at launch, hell even I tried that to some extent and realized it’s not fun doing that so i don’t camo camp. I haven’t ran into anyone doing that. I know Halo 4 has some major flaws like Custom game options and File share, but to be honest it doesnt really bother me as long as it is not in matchmaking. I was hooked on Gears Of WAr judgement, but after coming back I was addicted to the Community FFA Playlist. Im telling you, 343 knows how to give us Halo fans some love.

The flawed game mechanics only matter when you’re playing against good players, so like 90% of the time the flaws in this game don’t really come into play.

How did it bring back halo 3 gameplay? By giving everyone rocket launchers? (Ordnance) By letting everyone respawn instantly? by removing halo’s main philosophy of everyone starting off equal? (loadouts destroying that) by destroying customs? By removing in game rank? By destroying vehicle combat?

> How did it bring back halo 3 gameplay? By giving everyone rocket launchers? (Ordnance) By letting everyone respawn instantly? by removing halo’s main philosophy of everyone starting off equal? (loadouts destroying that) by destroying customs? By removing in game rank? By destroying vehicle combat?

Ordinance believe it or not isnt overpowered as some might believe. I am very annoyed when I call in a rocket launcher only to be killed and The rocket despawning after. Just because you get a power weapon doesn’t guarantee you are going to get a kill with every bullet/shot/rocket/etc.

Starting Equal? I think everyone has a chance of killing other players with many of the starting weapons. For example, I chose Assualt over precision sometimes knowing that there are players using DMR and BR. I have a chance of killing them because I close the distance on them and excell in CQC.

Remember everyone has an equal choice of picking their starting loadouts and many people choose Assault rifle while others choice the Covenant Carbine because they know how to use it. I choose the AR because I know how to dominate DMR users with it believe it or not.

Removing IN game Rank? that has been absent since Halo Reach (when they did the Halo 3 update on ranking it kinda destroyed in game rankings for me in Halo 3 back then). It’s become a normal thing for me to play halo without worrying about in-game rankings that I could care less about the CSR.

Respawning instantly? I agree, I wasn’t a big fan of that, but Im use to it now and Im not bothered by it to the point that its non existent for me.

Halo 3 feel of Halo 4 is my opinion:
Once again, you have to understand, Halo Reach online was a departure for me from the Halo 3 feel. After popping in Halo 4, I was happy because it brought back the Halo 3 feel of it and it was a right direction because I though reach was a step forward.

I know many disagree but I just really like the feel of this game. The way the BR looks and moves, it’s gets my juices going, and that reticle… That reticle… The movement feels pretty good. Getting kills are satisfying. There is a TON of teamwork. Heheh, I think 343 has whipped up a fine game.

There is still a lot of work to be done. Things don’t seem to be done entirely,

I do play this game a lot, maybe more than you, and I know there are a lot of flaws. I just wish 343i would take care of them well.

It has so much potential but they just need to push harder and just do what really matters and do it well!

Oh dear god…

> Ordinance believe it or not isnt overpowered as some might believe. I am very annoyed when I call in a rocket launcher only to be killed and The rocket despawning after. Just because you get a power weapon doesn’t guarantee you are going to get a kill with every bullet/shot/rocket/etc.

That isn’t the point. The system is far too random to be balanced.

> Starting Equal? I think everyone has a chance of killing other players with many of the starting weapons. For example, I chose Assualt over precision sometimes knowing that there are players using DMR and BR. I have a chance of killing them because I close the distance on them and excell in CQC.
>
> Remember everyone has an equal choice of picking their starting loadouts and many people choose Assault rifle while others choice the Covenant Carbine because they know how to use it. I choose the AR because I know how to dominate DMR users with it believe it or not.

The problem with Loadouts is that they break the fundamentals of the game. Why bother getting in a vehicle when ONE person can kill you because they can spawn with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades? Why should anyone be allowed to spawn with Camo right off the bat and grab a Sniper Rifle and go to town, after all the downside to Camo doesn’t apply when you are far away. Why should anyone be able to spawn with a 0SK weapon like the Boltshot? Halos combat has simply stopped being about “Who is the better player?” or “Which team has the better strategy?” and simply became a coin flip with Ordinance granting random weaponry and Loadouts making everybody unequal across the board.

> Removing IN game Rank? that has been absent since Halo Reach (when they did the Halo 3 update on ranking it kinda destroyed in game rankings for me in Halo 3 back then). It’s become a normal thing for me to play halo without worrying about in-game rankings that I could care less about the CSR.

We had ONE Halo game without real ranks, that shouldn’t be the standard for multiplayer. I personally don’t care about ranks either, but when their in-game return has been a huge suggestion from the community and 343i put them on Waypoint because their engine or UI or whatever is too complex for it, it shows poor planning and research on their part.

> Respawning instantly? I agree, I wasn’t a big fan of that, but Im use to it now and Im not bothered by it to the point that its non existent for me.

Sure made that X they brought back worthless and shows more poor planning on 343i’s part.

> Halo 3 feel of Halo 4 is my opinion:
> Once again, you have to understand, Halo Reach online was a departure for me from the Halo 3 feel. After popping in Halo 4, I was happy because it brought back the Halo 3 feel of it and it was a right direction because I though reach was a step forward.

I agree with Goobot, this game feels NOTHING like Halo 3.

We have 2 more games left with some major faults but I think 343i will pull through for us

@DecepticonCobra

That post echoes my thoughts and opinions exactly!

Vehicle combat is suicidal, loadouts removed the standardisation that Halo was famous for, ordnance is far too random (I’ll get something useless like a needler in BTB while everyone else and their mother gets binaries…)

The real kicker is that MLG jumped ship. Before anyone says something like ‘it was about money/sponsership deal’, let me point out that MLG had been with Halo for a decade, so up until Halo 4, you could play Halo at MLG level.

Why can’t Halo 4 do this? Number one is the loadouts, the second one is the aim assist and bullet magnetism. You can set the loadouts to be across the board, but you can’t play MLG system link with that amount of AA and BM…

> We have 2 more games left with some major faults but I think 343i will pull through for us

Maybe, but only if 1)they wake up and smell the roses and 2)if they even have a fan base soon. Halo Reach and 3 generally have equal or more layers than Halo 4 most days…

> We have 2 more games left with some major faults but I think 343i will pull through for us

Don’t get your hopes up.

> I know many disagree but I just really like the feel of this game. The way the BR looks and moves, it’s gets my juices going, and that reticle… That reticle… The movement feels pretty good. Getting kills are satisfying. There is a TON of teamwork. Heheh, I think 343 has whipped up a fine game.

Yes, it is a fine game. But how does it stand as a Halo game?

I don’t care about perceived issues of balance, map flow, randomness or fairness because I enjoy a good challenge, especially the kind that has the odds against me.

All the sweeter when I win.

Where you all see horrendous flaws I see minor quibbles don’t really affect my experience. Let’s agree to disagree and just play the game (or not) according to our preference.

In all likelihood Halo 5 will address both concerns anyway.

> I don’t care about perceived issues of balance, map flow, randomness or fairness because I enjoy a good challenge, especially the kind that has the odds against me.
>
> All the sweeter when I win.
>
> Where you all see horrendous flaws I see minor quibbles don’t really affect my experience. <mark>Let’s agree to disagree and just play the game (or not) according to our preference.</mark>
>
> In all likelihood Halo 5 will address both concerns anyway.

Seems a bit hard when there is only one playlist in the game that caters to a more classic approach of Halo and it still has elements of Infinity sprinkled in it?

I enjoy the majority of halo 4 as well. But frankly i’m too tired with all of peoples “glaring problems” to argue much. Halo 4 isn’t bad its different. Some people enjoy it others don’t. It really doesn’t matter how halo used to be. This is how halo is now cope with it or don’t.

> I enjoy the majority of halo 4 as well. But frankly i’m too tired with all of peoples “glaring problems” to argue much. Halo 4 isn’t bad its different. Some people enjoy it others don’t. It really doesn’t matter how halo used to be. This is how halo is now cope with it or don’t.

That is the point i was trying to get across in my post. I’ll be popping this disk still in the years till halo 5 or a spinoff comes out, even if nothing gets nerfed (which they shouldn’t)

> I enjoy the majority of halo 4 as well. But frankly i’m too tired with all of peoples “glaring problems” to argue much. <mark>Halo 4 isn’t bad its different.</mark> Some people enjoy it others don’t. It really doesn’t matter how halo used to be. This is how halo is now cope with it or don’t.

As if the two are mutually exclusive. You can ignore Halo 4’s problems and just say “Deal with it”, but all that shows me is that you cannot properly defend Halo 4’s “differences”.

The title and original post of this thread contradict each other…

> > I enjoy the majority of halo 4 as well. But frankly i’m too tired with all of peoples “glaring problems” to argue much. <mark>Halo 4 isn’t bad its different.</mark> Some people enjoy it others don’t. It really doesn’t matter how halo used to be. This is how halo is now cope with it or don’t.
>
> As if the two are mutually exclusive. You can ignore Halo 4’s problems and just say “Deal with it”, but all that shows me is that you cannot properly defend Halo 4’s “differences”.

i don’t ignore Halo 4’s problems because theres nothing wrong with it. Correction: maybe file share and custom games, but im over that.

You have it backwords, I defend Halo 4’s differences because I dont want another carbon copy of Halo 3, which seems sluggish after going back to Halo 3. Its called evolution.