I don't mind losing, but this is outta control.

As the title says, I have no problem losing a few games of anything VS on Halo 5. However no joke the last 20 games of Warzone have been utter slaughters and I’ve been on teams that are so unable to tackle the opposing team and we just get annihilated. What is going on 343, why are you doing this to your subscribers ??

There is no sense of balanced or matched players to battle. It’s no fun being destroyed in less than 5 minutes and I’ve even played a few games where I’m on the team that is doing the less than 5 minute 3base cap and I just can’t imagine how fun that is. You spend more time in the lobby loading the game than you do playing it, so I can’t imagine how being on either side is fun. I load Halo to … Play !!

And seriously, I don’t mind losing but at least let me have fun getting my -Yoink- handed to me because I know I’m a below average player. 343, enough of this unfair game play it’s not good for your brand. Let me play other players that are similar in skill and mentality let me enjoy the game. If you are one of those players that needs to go hard and triple cap the bases in less than 5 minutes… Thats super cool, that’s how you enjoy the game. But I don’t want to grind that hard all the time and play that way all the time, I’m not interested.

We all have our own ways we like to session Halo and it’s not a new game or a new format, 343 we’ve told you what we want and we pay for it.

I know this isn’t a new topic, and many of the community is frustrated. There must be a way to load a game without worrying if it’s going to be a throw away game and a waste of your limited spare time. Thanks for listening to my rant. Cheers.

Teams that get destroyed are teams that don’t use power weapons/vehicles.

If you’re not calling in something every time you spawn, you should be playing big team, not warzone. Just my two cents.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> As the title says, I have no problem losing a few games of anything VS on Halo 5. However no joke the last 20 games of Warzone have been utter slaughters and I’ve been on teams that are so unable to tackle the opposing team and we just get annihilated. What is going on 343, why are you doing this to your subscribers ??
>
> There is no sense of balanced or matched players to battle. It’s no fun being destroyed in less than 5 minutes and I’ve even played a few games where I’m on the team that is doing the less than 5 minute 3base cap and I just can’t imagine how fun that is. You spend more time in the lobby loading the game than you do playing it, so I can’t imagine how being on either side is fun. I load Halo to … Play !!
>
> And seriously, I don’t mind losing but at least let me have fun getting my -Yoink- handed to me because I know I’m a below average player. 343, enough of this unfair game play it’s not good for your brand. Let me play other players that are similar in skill and mentality let me enjoy the game. If you are one of those players that needs to go hard and triple cap the bases in less than 5 minutes… Thats super cool, that’s how you enjoy the game. But I don’t want to grind that hard all the time and play that way all the time, I’m not interested.
>
> We all have our own ways we like to session Halo and it’s not a new game or a new format, 343 we’ve told you what we want and we pay for it.
>
> I know this isn’t a new topic, and many of the community is frustrated. There must be a way to load a game without worrying if it’s going to be a throw away game and a waste of your limited spare time. Thanks for listening to my rant. Cheers.

well, i can at least agree that i, much like yourself, hate to lose. but its times like these we would all do well to remember that old addage ‘git gud’

That’s a good thought for sure. But I mostly disagree because I can pull the craziest weapon out but If I’m a slow minded player and you’re good with a pistol, I’m dead and you now have my power weapon. I’ve pulled out stuff trying to get the advantage only to be killed by two shots of someones battle rifle and now I have to wait till my reqs are back up. That’s the game for sure, but when you are up against a group of players that are all straight and fast shots against a slow player like me… I’m toast every time.

I literally have no problem playing against players that are slightly better than me, it’s how you learn to get better. But when you’re slow like me, playing the Halo elite. It sucks hard.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> I load Halo to … Play !!

You’re playing Halo no matter what mode you choose, even if it is the loading screen. I don’t see why losing would be considered “not playing”. Not having fun, I can see that, but not playing? Come on, now.

On topic, Warzone is pretty infamous for this sort of thing. If you’re in one of those games that’s been pushed back to the armory and are getting -Yoinked- on from all sides, you do have options. Unless you’re a new(ish) player or that stupid glitch comes up, you should have access to REQs at any time. Use them. Call in a Camo boost and backcap the other armory. Use them to jack and destroy tanks if they’re giving you an issue. Use Plasma Pistols or other EMP weapons to take down Banshees. Spawn at your core every once in a while and work your way around to flank them. Strategies and REQs go hand in hand, my friend. Take advantage of that. If you’re not gonna win the game, slow it down as long as you can. I’m sure you’ll get a couple of good kicks seeing what counters you can come up with.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, but play with a buddy every chance you get. I understand that you might be a solo person most of the time. I get it, I’m the same way. But if there’s a chance that I can get someone with me into the game, take it. If not, use your mic. Break that silence and call out whatever you see. Act as if people are mute: they can hear you, but they can’t talk to you. Give them heads-ups about when armories are being capped, when that person calls in a Banshee or an Answer. Use. Your. Mic. Just, whatever you do, don’t get angry if people don’t respond to your callouts. Give information in an informative way, not a demanding one. Do the former, people will listen and heed you. Do the latter, people will mute and ignore you.

In the end, you have a variety of ways that Warzone can be played. It’s up to you to venture out of your set playstyle and explore which ones work better than what you currently have. Try a couple suggestions out, you never know what might happen.

Wraith0912 Thanks, some good pointers. I try man, I try. I’m still a newish player in a way. I watch the you tubers explain stuff and try to use all the tips, but most of the time I just get my -Yoink- handed to me. Which is fine I suppose.
I’ve grown my buddy list a bit now and play with them but even with them we have been getting pounded and they’re ranked quite well. It’s just been mind boggling.

Thanks for your tips, I HATE banshees and ghosts. I’m still pretty bad at boarding vehicles too haha. I’m just not a very good player at the end of the day, and playing some pretty skilled folks. And it’s cool, kinda.

I bought a mic a while ago, and during the day when I can use it I do. But I can’t really late at night because of the walls and other people sleeping. It’s frustrating how many people still haven’t gotten a mic !!

What I meant by the loading screen is that a lot of these games are shorter than the time it takes to load the game which is silly.

I’ve been finding that swat is an arena that I’m fairly good at and is usually pretty even. Makes for some fun and interesting games.

This doesn’t just happen in Warzone. It also happens in Social, especially in ranked. It seems like Halo 5 was NOT intended or made with the solo queuers in mind.

ooSnip3r
Don’t worry about it. If you’re new to this like you said, it’s perfectly understandable to feel like this. That rank 138 though is kinda throwing me for a loop, but I guess at the end of the day SR means jack, so whatever.

SWAT is a perfect playlist for building up your aim. If you find that your reticle is starting to slowly drop off from time to time or you simply want some practice before you jump into that first match of the day, play a little SWAT to get the gears moving. Octagon fufills this purpose as well (there’s always some running in the Customs Browser), but SWAT is better for building up map and power weapon awareness, which can come in handy for Warzone matches.

The mic issue is long standing, I recall back in the Halo 4 days people would never use mics, and from what I’ve heard, Reach’s use was a little step down from 3s. This is mostly because there’s a common mindset that nearly everyone who does use a mic is one of the following:

• a prepubescent child with a high-pitched voice, a “Squeaker” - someone who has a lot of background noise, mostly from eating, playing music, other people talking or even worse, babies crying - someone who uses the Kinect’s built in mic, which creates an echo from the game volume - an all around -Yoink-holeThus, we have the mic-less era that we play in today. I can definitely say not all people are like this, though. I’ve met many people on my list from random games where we both communicated. I can relate to the late-night thing, I’m put in that position a lot. My advice is to try and communicate with as low of a voice as you possibly can, low enough to not be overly interrupting of those in the next room but still audible that other people can hear you. Try doing this with a guy in a party sometime, experiment with what tone you want to go with.

The YouTubers give basic starting tips to help you give an idea of what you generally want to do. Most of the time, however, your style of Warzone comes down onto what you want to do. It would be best IMO to take these tips and apply them to your style of play; that way, you have a general sense of what to do yet you can still function as an individual player that can adapt to other situations when need be. I’ve found that some of Luke TheNotable’s tips were especially helpful to me when I was still fresh in the mix, particularly his videos on getting faster REQ levels and the best loadout combinations. These two videos allow for a player to maximize his/her ability to rise through the REQ levels and get better weapons/vehicles out yet still remain competent when you die and you’re waiting for your energy to recharge. I’d give these a go if you haven’t already.

REQs are essential to combating any sort of vehicle, Ghosts and Banshees are no exception. If you’re at Level 3, you can equip your standard Battle Rifle and grab some pretty good power weapons to give them a run for their money; one that the community has found to be surprisingly effective is the Sentinel Beam. That thing shreds up Ghosts like a hot knife through butter. Another thing you can do is use your Random REQ cards to get REQs of higher levels such as Railguns. For Ghosts in particular, if they try to splatter you, I recommend doing one of two things. One, jump backwards and try to hijack them, or Two, move towards the edge of the “wing”. The outermost part of the wing hitting you will not kill you, but the more “inwards” parts will. I also recommend going for the vehicle’s weak spot, which mind you all vehicles have, the Ghost’s being the small spinning cylinder on the side. Whenever possible, shoot that spot and it’ll go down easier and faster.

Banshees are on another level completely. I compare them to attempting to assassinate Brutes in Halo Reach: they can’t know you’re there if you’re going to do it. Wait for them to be focused on another target before you take them down; It’ll be better for the shot to come unnoticed so there’s a lesser chance of them just flipping away from it. Lasers and EMP weapons are your best friends here. I recommend Endgames for the fact that it has a faster charge time and more shots and the Spitfire for quicker overcharge spam to try and hijack it. If you’re the target, try and move out of it’s line of sight and go for cover. Sometimes it will follow you, so be prepared to engage if you see/hear it coming.

Hopefully these will be a bit more in-depth with some of the issues you’ve been having, and hopefully solve them, too.

Hey Wraith0912 Wow, that’s a ton of awesome info. I read it last night and have been mulling it over.

I’m newish in the sense that I only just picked up the XboxOneS in December and started playing Halo 5 then. Newish because the game had been out for quite some time before I picked it up so there are a lot of people that have the game pretty dialled. Also newish in that the last time I played games was back in 2006 on the original xbox with Halo2. LOL !! The series rank I’m just clueing into and I think that’s a big part of my problem. When I first started playing H5 I had no idea what the XP cards really did, I figured I’d get cooler req’s every time I opened a pack. So I think in doing that, I kinda shot myself in the foot by artificially boosting my rank. I stopped using the XP cards a while back now. I do play a lot, but I’m still a slow learner and that makes me a slower player.

Thank you for the tips on the ghosts, that’ll help a lot in dealing with them… Is it the same with the wraiths then ? The “jet” engine looking thing at the back ? Is there a link/forum page that talks about vehicle tips and tricks in this regard ?

I watch a lot of LTN vids, and they sure have helped a lot. Trying to think ahead and making a move to get back to the req station often and not just when I die.

Something that the tips and tricks can’t help with is eye hand coordination and just getting to the right button and moving the stick just right fast enough. That’s where I’m losing a lot of my battles. Just not being agile and fast enough, I still have yet to master strafing.

I’d love to jump into a game with you Wraith0912, let me know if you’re interested.
Cheers !!

Well according to your service record you have lost ten in a row and not all of them were slaughters… Just saying.

LethalQ That’s true. I have been on teams that have won the battle. But most of those were the other team being slaughtered and we won even before I got to level 3 req’s it’s insane how fast some players can finish a game of warzone. I played a game today that was by far the most balanced game I’ve played in a long time. Bases changed hands a few times, and we we’re fighting for boss kills. We got trip capped a few times but always held the enemy out. At the end of the game we still lost, but just. One of the better games I’ve played in a while. Those are the games I like and I’m not even upset that I lost. It was fun.

> 2535441152633368;11:
> LethalQ That’s true. I have been on teams that have won the battle. But most of those were the other team being slaughtered and we won even before I got to level 3 req’s it’s insane how fast some players can finish a game of warzone. I played a game today that was by far the most balanced game I’ve played in a long time. Bases changed hands a few times, and we we’re fighting for boss kills. We got trip capped a few times but always held the enemy out. At the end of the game we still lost, but just. One of the better games I’ve played in a while. Those are the games I like and I’m not even upset that I lost. It was fun.

Well the problem in Warzone is balance depends on individual players using their reqs. So if they aren’t willing to use their reqs and more importantly the right reqs for the situation then there won’t be much balance.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2535441152633368;11:
> > LethalQ That’s true. I have been on teams that have won the battle. But most of those were the other team being slaughtered and we won even before I got to level 3 req’s it’s insane how fast some players can finish a game of warzone. I played a game today that was by far the most balanced game I’ve played in a long time. Bases changed hands a few times, and we we’re fighting for boss kills. We got trip capped a few times but always held the enemy out. At the end of the game we still lost, but just. One of the better games I’ve played in a while. Those are the games I like and I’m not even upset that I lost. It was fun.
>
> Well the problem in Warzone is balance depends on individual players using their reqs. So if they aren’t willing to use their reqs and more importantly the right reqs for the situation then there won’t be much balance.

And if they can get them out and into battle without getting nailed by the enemy.

If you haven’t already, switch search preference to “Focused;” better chances of finding fairly matched games (though at the cost of extra search time).

A 6 man fireteam could help

it’s a learning experience :3

The start of every wz game is the most important its what gives one team map control. As soon as you get req 3 you should call in a ghost, random 3 vehicle or an emp (grenade launcher/plasma pistol).

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2535441152633368;11:
> >
>
> Well the problem in Warzone is balance depends on individual players using their reqs. So if they aren’t willing to use their reqs and more importantly the right reqs for the situation then there won’t be much balance.

Not be difficult, but in a game type with eleven other players on your team, and twentyfour players on the battlefield, the actions of any single, individual player are the next nearest thing to meaningless. Yes, I’ve seen individual players lay waste in Warzone, but as a general rule a single player’s contribution, regardless of skill, and very much regardless of reqs, is not a game-changer.

The balance that skill-based matchmaking brings to 4v4 ranked matches, does, in theory, work equally well with large-team game types. And matches that are properly skill-balanced would go a long way to alleviating the problems the OP is talking about. Sadly, 343 has opted to abandon even the pretense of sbmm in warzone or in social. I’ve had matches recently in Warzone where KDAs on the winning side ranged from -6 to a high of 71. That’s seventyone. Not a typo. Did that guy call in reqs? Sure he did. But so did the leader of the losing team who couldn’t break 40. The difference was, to some extent, individual skill, but much more importantly the difference was in the quality of the team as a whole. In theory the quality of your team should be random, as the skills of both teammates and opponents are random, but that doesn’t take into account the advantage which accrues to those who play in fireteams. Halo 5 doesn’t like players who solo queue, and the lack of sbmm magnifies the problem 1000%.

In short, call in all the reqs you want. Practice your aim all you want. The only way to up your game in Warzone has nothing to do with those things. It has to do almost exclusively with the quality of your teammates, because you’re only 8% of your team’s performance, but your teammates are 92%. Simple math.

People need to just stop playing normal Warzone in general. It’s not Halo at all. It’s an unbalanced, frustrating, fun once in a blue moon mode. People need to just stick to firefight. Send 343I a message that Warzone just doesn’t work, we don’t like it and they shouldn’t waste time and resources on it on Halo 6. They need to concentrate a heck of a lot more on BTB and firefight in Halo 6 as both modes got zero love in my opinion in Halo 5.

My thoughts on Warzone.

If you’re finding all your games are sweaty and one-sided (one team dominates the other) sadly the only way to assuage this is to stop playing for a few days. You’re MMR (perceived skill level) will reset, and cool down. You should find easier, more ‘team balanced’ games. Otherwise, it just pays to play warzone for you. If you’re playing difficult opponents, but don’t want to quit, just try to have fun. Slay, camp, camo snipe, whatever. The Halo 5 population depends on newer players like you, so please try to stay in the game, don’t quit.