I don't like static drops

I liked random ordnance better I don’t care for these static drops. Randomized ordnance always kept me on the edge of my seat, ready to react fast and run over to grab one that dropped. If was a game of who is paying careful attention and who is not with non stop action. Now I along with everyone else just camp on over every three min or whatever it is and what do you know, a free sniper. The game slows down and that’s annoying. It threw a monkey wrench into my infinity slayer team’s strategy, i was the guy that equipped drop recon and called out ordnance to my guys to be collected. Pointless now.

I have to disagree. Random drops add an uncontrollable variable that frustrates me and possibly many others.

> I have to disagree. Random drops add an uncontrollable variable that frustrates me and possibly many others.

You can contol it like I said its a matter of paying attention and reacting fast while statics are a matter of camping

Static drops are much better in that there is no randomness to them. The ordinance drops created scenarios where a player could get a really good weapon without earning it. With static drops, if you get say, a rocket launcher, you deserve it. Be it for the fact that you were the only one who saw it was up or you killed an enemy for it. Either way, you earned it. So it’s fair

Its called “Halo”. A concept clearly many people are not familiar with.

Random Ordnance (and Ordnance in general) is/was arguably the most frustrating part of the game. It completely changes the game for the worse and rewards players for absolutely no reason.

Static weapon spawns are a million times better than random ordinance. Randomness is bad.

Weapon drops have been static in every halo game before halo 4static drops promote map movement and map control
There is a skill involved in being able to time weapon spawns and apply that in game in order to gain a tactical advantage
This is partly what sets good and bad players apart
Static weapon spawns create a skill gap which is something this game sorely suffers a lack of

I can’t remember how many times I died, and spawned, only to have a rocket launcher spawn a few feet away with no one around. The kills I got felt cheap since it wasn’t because I got to it first or took out a guy before he grabs it.

Its a system that needed to be reverted. Now, if they can tone down personal ordinance so that they could compliment the new system, it would be better.

I’m fine with it, just need to increase the time it takes for over shields to respawn, getting tired of the same guy running around with OS every 2 minutes.

No, static weapon spawns are awesome and randomness is bad.

> I liked random ordnance better I don’t care for these static drops. Randomized ordnance always kept me on the edge of my seat, ready to react fast and run over to grab one that dropped. If was a game of who is paying careful attention and who is not with non stop action. Now I along with everyone else just camp on over every three min or whatever it is and what do you know, a free sniper. The game slows down and that’s annoying. It threw a monkey wrench into my infinity slayer team’s strategy, i was the guy that equipped drop recon and called out ordnance to my guys to be collected. Pointless now.

It wasn’t really a matter of reacting, it was more a matter of who ever was nearest would be gifted a power weapon.

Power weapon Camping isn’t really a problem on a well designed map with well designed weapon placement since they should not be positioned in ‘campable’ areas they should be positioned in areas that encourage set ups and fighting for power weapons, they should also be positioned in areas that draw people out of power positions. There was a deep meta game surrounding static weapons that is lacking in a random system.

If people don’t time weapons it’s there own fault.

Um…I highly disagree.
Random ordnance drops are nothing but a detriment to Halo 4’s already incredibly flawed core gameplay. Every game before it, including Reach, had timed weapon spawns that anyone could learn. They provide for fair and balanced gameplay. No matter what you say, random drops are not balanced at all. It’s not about attention or reaction time, because even if you’re absolutely dominating, random drops can literally reward the losing players for losing.

By the way, static spawns do not promote camping. In any game, regardless of the gameplay, there will be campers to some extent. If you feel that way about static weapons, then you most certainly won’t like the other Halos.

Spot on OP. I agree 100%. Maybe though, they could stop making these static drops as frequent though, if they’re gonna stay.